NEWS

Sandwich Shaman, Pistols and Charisma, and my original character.

• 1 Replies

Jeeves

• Chummer
« on: <04-04-11/0954:11> »
So, I've been meaning to make a post here regarding a few characters I've used. One of them I've unfortunately lost the character sheet for, but some of you might recognize backstory.

First up, Jeeves:

In literally our second game, one of the players made a character with the "born Rich", "Trust Fund", and "Privilaged Family Name" qualities, and chose Knight as her last name. Her Character often talked about "Relatives in High Places."

I'll let that sink in for a minute.

Her name was Shannon Knight, and she was a summoner who ran the shadows because trideo wasn't exciting enough. She only had one contact, and that was her bodyguard, named simply "Mister Cuddles." Mister Cuddles didn't fit his name at all, and frankly hated his job, especially when Shannon would sic a beast spirit on Cuddles to distract him enough to get away.

"Cuddles" quit, and fled the subsequent Beast spirit attack, falling into the shadows and speciallizing in Guarding people. He quickly joined a group of bodyguards for hire and was quckly dubbed "Jeeves."

Jeeves' main combat proficiency lies with his fists. He combines several ranks of Critical Strike, Killing hands and Distance Strike to make him dangerous winthin a 6 Meter radius, which is perfect for fending off would-be attackers. He isn't necessarily the brightest LED in the billboard, but he usually gets by.

If people want to see, I can give his stats on how he ended up.

Next, Oliver Denton.

Denton was one lucky kid. When he showed signs of magical talent, he was put in a fairly nice education program which taught him to hone his summoning and spellcasting skills. While in school, he met and befriended a free spirit named Violet. Now that Denton is out of school, he mostly has fallen back on his "backup" plan of making and delivering sandwiches. Yeah, I know, kinda lame, but it pays the bills and makes for some interesting customers. Violet keeps the First Aid kit handy because Denton has been known to slice himself instead of the bread and tomatoes if he's distracted by something.

Denton is a summoner. His tradition is one that I've made, called "The Seeker's Path." Denton specializes in finding and detecting things.

Violet always takes the shape of a vibrant blue otter.

Denton's spirits:

Combat: Guardian
Detection: Water
Health: Plant
Illusion: Air
Manipulation: Earth
Drain: Willpower + Intuition

Spells
StunBolt
Clairaudience
Clairvoyance
Detect Enemies
Detect Life
Detect Magic
Combat Sense
Power Bolt

Up next. Dustin Mortimer.

Dustin was hit by surge, but the effects it had on him were very subtle. He has Surge Rating 2, and the qualities it gave him were Glamour, Nasty Vibe, and Astral Hazing.

I had one person say it seems kinda odd that Glamour and Nasty Vibe can be both taken, but there was nothing in the book against it that I saw.

So, Dustin can be both very charismatic and very intimidating when he needs to be. His main Combat focus is on Pistols.

He carries a hold out pistol on a gun arm slide that's filled with SnS ammo. (yes, the dreaded SnS.)
He also has a remington Roomsweeper he uses as his shotgun, (flechette rounds and shock lock rounds.
He has one of those cool collapsable HEavy Pistols, (Hi-C plastic rounds)
He has an HK Urban Defender (Hi-C plastic rounds and 10 capsule rounds filled with Warp)
and an Echiro Hatamoto II. (20 shots Ex Explosive ammo.)

He always has the hold out and the HK with him, because both of them are pretty much undetectable by MAD scanners according to the rules. So yeah, he's a face, but he's a face with a drekload of bullets.

And last but certainly not least, my most story-intensive character,
Simon (Thorn) Foster. (I had someone ask, and he is in NO way related to Frosty.)

Simon Foster is the son of David and June Foster. His father being a mechanic and engineer extraordinaire, Simon inherited his father's gift with repairing and driving cars. He also had some limited experience with boats, and a rare few occasions where he's piloted aircraft, and while he's gifted with being able to pilot almost anything, he does better with wheeled vehicles.

His mother was an English teacher, and taught him much about literature and poetry, as well as history.

Simon's parents were both killed in one of the lightning storms that were frequent in 2061. With no home and nowhere else to go, Simon managed to get a job with a small company that specialized in VIP transportation and protection. Even at a young age, he showed excellence in driving his charges from point A to point B, and getting them there in one piece, despite any hostile resistance.

As part of his training with the VIP Transport Firm, Simon received some training with pistols and small automatic weapons, and some limited unarmed combat training.

"But Jeeves!" you ask "That's all fine and dandy, but what makes the character interesting?"

Ah, dear reader, what makes him interesting is what happened after he graduated from the training for the VIP Transport Firm.

Foster did his job, and he did it well, and managed to impress his employer enough to be trusted as his daughter Rosie's personal chauffeur. Tasked with transporting and protecting her at all costs. Foster did this with no question. However, when Foster and Rosie fell in love and started a secret relationship (because nobody is good enough for papa's precious technomancer daughter, according to dear ol' dad).

Rosie's father eventually found out, and, enraged, hired a runner team to do several things to ensure that Foster was wiped from the face of the earth. All of Foster's friends were threatened or bribed into ever contacting or responding to him again. The runner team was then sent to assassinate Foster.

Rosie wasn't supposed to be in Foster's car that day, but she didn't care, because Simon had just proposed and she didn't want to leave his side. The runners, not knowing she was in the car, opened fire once they'd recognized Simon behind the driver's seat. In the chaos and carnage, Simon was shot several times, as was Rosie. When simon passed out from his injuries, Rosie desperately did everything she could to program the car to get them to the hospital. Simon managed to survive with proper medical treatment. Rosie was dead on arrival.

So, Simon is basically on a quest for revenge. He want's to hunt down Rosie's father and make him pay. Because of his injuries, Foster was forced to get his lower arm and lower leg on the right side replaced. He also got a cybertorso. Once out of the hospital, Foster fled. He took the car that saved his life, and went to Seattle, where Rosie's father lives. Over the course of a couple years, he made enough nuyen to get some better implants, and made some modifications to the car.

Foster honestly believes that somehow, part of Rosie's soul lives on in the personality software in his car. He's heard of E-ghosts, and when the car started speaking like Rosie, he became convinced it was her. He's absolutely protective of the car, and would put it above his own life in importance.

Let me know if you have any questions/suggestions about these characters, I like them a lot, but sadly Jeeves is the only one who was used in more than two sessions.
« Last Edit: <04-04-11/0959:07> by Jeeves »

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #1 on: <04-09-11/2116:22> »
Interesting cast of characters. I remember seeing Foster before. I like the sandwich shaman.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada