NEWS

[SR4A - IC] From Russia with Love!

• 455 Replies

sothach

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <01-10-14/0521:25> »
Corkscrew nodded, he knew better than to talk much in these situations, but he felt comfortable venturing a simple "Sounds good so far."
Narrative Thoughts "Speech" <Matrix> Astral

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #31 on: <01-10-14/1059:03> »
I'm fine, thanks Flea smiled at Lynx and tried another swig of the brew, hoping it would get better on the second sip.
It didn't.
Nodding at the barman, Flea follows the him into the backroom, impressed at how such a smart building existed amongst such shit. These guys must have serious connections to have not been looted dry in five minutes..
Taking a seat at the small table, Flea offers a slight bow to the count before settling in.
Chikuso. I hate extractions.
At 10k each, I assume that means your target won't be coming willingly? How much resistance are we to expect?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Vandarl

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <01-10-14/1153:16> »
Raróg settles into his seat as 'the Count' starts talking. All his  attention is on the man talking and his body language as he speaks. As he listens, the tusky runner does his best to keep a poker face and give nothing away on his reactions. "As a starting point, you can say we are interested. You say the extraction 'should' be simple but perhaps involuntary. Given that we are hear and not out the door, a bit more info might be appropriate. What is the time frame, in other words, are we under a deadline? "

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #33 on: <01-10-14/1336:49> »
Lynx keeps his mouth closed and a flat expression on his face during the proceedings.  He nods that he is interested but until 'The Count' is more forth coming with information he does not say a word.

*Always better to see what they choose to tell you before grabbing for the info you want.  Besides this is not my battlefield so for now I will let those with the proper skills handle the heaving lifting.*
"Everything that is, casts a shadow" -Neil Gaiman.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>
Knives Chapter 4 (5th edition) OOC: Pg 93.

cr4kp0t

• Omae
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #34 on: <01-10-14/1556:09> »
A smile starts to shows as the corners of his mouth raise when you all agree to to the job.
Well then chummers,
The job should be simple.
A very talented research doctorate has moved to the local university...
we need him to decide to quit his teaching position at the university...
...and join our company.

His research would be very beneficial to our organisation.
he has indicated he is interested in moving to our organisation.
however we believe his sponsors may not be so keen...

At this lull as he wits for your response carefully places a data chip, a cred-stick and a comm-link on the table.

Hopefully these should prove useful in your endeavour.
Once you have the target securely at the location advised on the chip call me with the comm.
It is the only comm able to reach me so try not to lose it.

He leans back in his chair and waits for your response...

[spoiler= Items obtained]As you check over the items there is:
<li>A disposable comm-link with some fancy software installed meaning it can only be used to contact one user ID</Li>
<li>A data-chip with various location files and a biography on the target</LI>
<li>A cred-stick with 2K yen spending money</li>  [/spoiler]
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #35 on: <01-11-14/1207:38> »
If he is willing to move, do we have a line of communication established with him?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #36 on: <01-11-14/1545:14> »
"I assume since you need our talents that the target will be under guard.  Do we know their level of security?  Is that on your chip?"  Lynx leans back in his chair and crosses his arms. 
"Everything that is, casts a shadow" -Neil Gaiman.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>
Knives Chapter 4 (5th edition) OOC: Pg 93.

cr4kp0t

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <01-12-14/0417:19> »
Our conversation was at an event last month hosted by the faculty.
I barely got a conversation out of him before his minder decided to introduce himself.
So unfortunatly no immediate lines of communication.

From what i gather there is only light security.
He has a minder on the pay of his sponser.
There may be a support team but that is a little less clear.

There is no deadline persay but i would prefer it if he was with us as soon as possible!
PbP Legend:

sothach

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <01-13-14/1450:41> »
Corkscrew was sold,but of course he wasn't gonna say that. He glanced around and waited for the inevitable haggling.
Narrative Thoughts "Speech" <Matrix> Astral

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #39 on: <01-13-14/1504:29> »
Who is this sponsor by the way?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Vandarl

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <01-13-14/1737:06> »
As the Count fills in a bit more data, Rarog moves the offered items over to their side of the table, passing the datachip to Flea and making sure the comlink and credstik are tucked away safely. Nodding in response to the Count's information he responds.

"So, we have an academic, possibly willing to come along willingly. Definitely with a minder and probably with a response team and security surrounding him. No direct time limit, but sooner is better. Are there any dependents that might complicate issues? Even the willing love their families.  For that mater, other than general info which I am sure is on the datachip, what should we be aware of in order to make this go smoother for you? "

cr4kp0t

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <01-14-14/1212:35> »
Yes the data chip contains all the information we have on the target, unfortunately we have very little further information other than what is publicly available.

We attempted to trace the sponsor funding but lost the trail at a deniable account...
... at least that's where the 'official' trail ends.

Unofficially we believe the account belongs to a local division of Saeder‑Krupp Aerospace.

He leans back in his chair and looks over to the man poking the fire before returning his gaze back onto you.
After a quiet pause the Man carefully places the poker back onto the rack beside him before sitting down at the table next to 'the count'

So is there anything else I can do for you tonight?
PbP Legend:

Vandarl

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <01-14-14/1326:55> »
Contemplating his options for a moment along with the information offered up, Rarog counts the beeting of his pulse for a few seconds to center himself before returning his gave to the Count and the man who had been playing with the fire and nods.

"Based on what you have described, the job you ask of us is doable. The basics of an extraction and transport in and of themselves should offer no issues, though a review of the information you have provided will be needed to confirm that. What does concern me is the sponsor issue. Saeder‑Krupp is a major player and Lofwyr is known to consider attacks on his interest as an insult to him. Of course not everything SK deals in is of personal intres to him, but it is still a concern. You ask us to support you organization in activities that could bring excessive attention and for this you offer 10000 nuyen each? I would hope you could improve upon that offer?"

Rarog smiles a small smile and waits for the Count's response. If you don't ask, you never get.

cr4kp0t

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <01-14-14/1422:07> »
You talk a good talk sir!
I understand your reservations,
I can stretch to 12k each but no more.

With this he stands up from his chair forcing it to screech as it slides over the floor.

Well then gentlemen i shall bit your adieu.
The room is yours for the night and everything is on me so enjoy.

He walks out the door swiftly followed by his guard.
PbP Legend:

Vandarl

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <01-14-14/1603:38> »
No sign of his satisfaction crosses Rarog's face as he turns to the others once the Count and his man leave.
"Flea, we need a review on that chip. Let's see what surprises we have waiting for us. Any opinions or concerns before we review the info?"
Checking the credstik for it's balance he reports to the others, "2 thousand expense fund, workable.