NEWS

Seattle 2072

• 31 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #15 on: <04-01-11/0927:42> »
The Awakening, and Mt Rainer going kablooey, plus some creative liberties with the geology under Seattle all helped as well.  As is always the case, certain creative liberties get taken to serve the greater good :)

http://metro.kingcounty.gov/tops/tunnel/tunnel-map.html

On that map there, most of the area for about 10 blocks or so around Pioneer Square is what was buried.  Those formed the initial basis of the Underground.  With the help of a group of dwarves, the original orks who fled to the Underground built up and reinforced that area, then began tunneling and building outward, connecting up with other natural underground formations and structures that were similarly buried.

The Tourist Highway is the "public" section of the Ork Underground, the part that regular, non-underground folk (Topsiders, as they're referred to) can pay to tour, was built along most of the by-2050 abandoned Transit Tunnel that you can see in the linked map.  The two most well known public entrances, the Big Rhino (1st & Senaca) and Lordstrungs (5th and Pine). Conveniently fall along a portion of that TRansit tunnel. 

The southern end of the Transit tunnel also conveniently sits on the South-Eastern edge of the Renraku Arcology (Matching up the old 1st ed Downtown street map to this), and of course there's been a long rumored entrance to the Underground under the Arc.

:)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <04-01-11/0934:19> »
As is always the case, certain creative liberties get taken to serve the greater good :)
More commonly referred to as "The Rule of Cool".   :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Seven

• Chummer
  • It only is paranoia if you can't prove it.
« Reply #17 on: <04-03-11/2355:42> »
Damn, I'm just mind-blown by all these links. Thanks, they'll definetely be very useful!

And question, anyone know where I can get a somewhat cheap big map of Seattle on print? I'm a table-top GM, and I rarely have access to computers in my games since we play at each others' houses and I don't own a notebook.
[the7 | abyssus abyssum invocat]

Quote from: Batou
Quote from: Major Motoko Kusanagi
What the hell did you use?
Your standard issue big gun.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #18 on: <04-04-11/0021:36> »
There's lots on the Internet you can find to print out.

They might be hard to find outside the area, but a fold-out map of the city can be found at some places.  Maybe a travel agency?   I know I'm on my third map of Winnipeg...  Keep losing the bloody things, but they can be had at any gas station.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Seven

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <04-04-11/0031:08> »
There's lots on the Internet you can find to print out.

They might be hard to find outside the area, but a fold-out map of the city can be found at some places.  Maybe a travel agency?   I know I'm on my third map of Winnipeg...  Keep losing the bloody things, but they can be had at any gas station.

In US. I'm in Brazil. Bah, I'll try checking for a good dpi one online, thanks.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #20 on: <04-04-11/0034:50> »
I'm in Canada, not much better.  I can find some of the northern US Cities OK, but not someplace as far as Seattle.  Online is your best shot if you're in South America.

Keep your head down from the Azzies!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <04-04-11/0230:13> »
http://www.amazon.com/Streetwise-Seattle-Map-Laminated-Washington/dp/0935039554
http://www.amazon.com/Greater-Seattle-Street-Map-Book/dp/1926532805
https://www.universalmap.com/p-7485-seattle-wa.aspx

Shipping might be a bit expensive, but the maps themselves are pretty cheap.  I really like the last one...  I have a couple state maps by that company that I've used for driving to the game conventions, and a local Northeast Ohio one that I use for my day job (Amish Taxi Driver :)).  Laminated maps are nice because they hold up really well, though a normal paper one is better if you're looking to mark it up.

And if you're really dedicated, get a classroom style Seattle City map:  https://www.universalmap.com/p-3749-seattle-wa-vicinity-wall-map-railed.aspx

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #22 on: <04-04-11/0310:52> »
Amish Taxi Driver :)

2HP cab :)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <04-04-11/1952:15> »

Heh, reminds me of a joke.

"What goes Clip-Clop, Clip-Clop, BANG, Clip-Clop, Clip-Clop?"

Amish Drive By.

I actually am currently driving a Mini-Van for the job though.  I'm currently in an area with a large Amish community (Middlefield, Ohio, 4th largest Amish Community in the U.S.), and Horse & Buggy isn't all that practical a lot of time.  So I have some guys I pick up and take home from work on a regular basis, run out on shopping trips, etc.  They can;t own or operate a car, but they can ride in them. :)

Bull

The Seven

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <04-04-11/2055:44> »
http://www.amazon.com/Streetwise-Seattle-Map-Laminated-Washington/dp/0935039554
http://www.amazon.com/Greater-Seattle-Street-Map-Book/dp/1926532805
https://www.universalmap.com/p-7485-seattle-wa.aspx

Shipping might be a bit expensive, but the maps themselves are pretty cheap.  I really like the last one...  I have a couple state maps by that company that I've used for driving to the game conventions, and a local Northeast Ohio one that I use for my day job (Amish Taxi Driver :)).  Laminated maps are nice because they hold up really well, though a normal paper one is better if you're looking to mark it up.

And if you're really dedicated, get a classroom style Seattle City map:  https://www.universalmap.com/p-3749-seattle-wa-vicinity-wall-map-railed.aspx

Working in one of my country's biggest bookstores won't be a problem in acquiring those linked maps. Thanks a bunch!

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <04-05-11/0607:20> »

Amish Drive By.

I actually am currently driving a Mini-Van for the job though.  I'm currently in an area with a large Amish community (Middlefield, Ohio, 4th largest Amish Community in the U.S.), and Horse & Buggy isn't all that practical a lot of time.  So I have some guys I pick up and take home from work on a regular basis, run out on shopping trips, etc.  They can;t own or operate a car, but they can ride in them. :)

Bull

hhh

Amish Idea of Move-by-wire?
Puppet show! :)

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #26 on: <04-05-11/0932:48> »

Amish Drive By.

Bull

hhh

Amish Idea of Move-by-wire?
Puppet show! :)
Hehehe. You guys should go on tour.
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <04-05-11/0940:49> »
Actually, the good point about the internet is, that Amish will never read what you write about them...
Not that I have a need to offense them, just...stating the fact :)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <04-05-11/1403:27> »
You might be surprised. :)

When my Mom (Who's been doing the driver thing for over a decade now) got her smart phone, it was a bunch of the amish kids she drives sometimes that showed her how to use it! :)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <04-05-11/1410:49> »
LOL
They must have been enlightened by some...Deus?

The Most brutal:

Amish Otaku