NEWS

Seattle 2072

• 31 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« on: <03-31-11/0623:40> »
I`ve started to seriously use this sourcebook for my PbP game, and I hava only one thing to say:
Location, location, location, location.

When I was trying to track down Auburn Junction on Google Earth, I was (at leas I hope so) succesfull.
But when Im trying to find out location of Auror bar, Im deffinitely lost. Maybe its because Im not american, and Steert labeling system confuses me a bit, but when i found what probably should have been: 304th Street E & 132nd Avenue E, I was lost somewhere in Puyallup, south from Carbonada. And if the Aurora is mentioned as a Auburn location, this is pretty bad for me.
Now.
I really don`t see why those locations, at least those few descripted in the district chapter  have not been marked on Seattle district maps, that are attached to each districts desription.
How fat it is from Aurora to Auburn Junction?
In the game, where every minute counts, this complication is really something that irritates me. There are 25 places of interest in the Auburn, and i wouid suppose, that similar number in every other chapter. Why there are not 25 numbers/points on the map to make life easier for us gamemasters.
Otherwise it is beautifull piece of work that gives the game perfect feeling...until you try to find some location exactly.

The Doomed One

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <03-31-11/0916:52> »
Try this map.  I don't know if it has all of the locations but it has a lot.  As for Seattle 2072, I also wish they had marked some of the locations on the maps in the book.
Pie > Cake

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-31-11/1201:45> »
Try this map.  I don't know if it has all of the locations but it has a lot.  As for Seattle 2072, I also wish they had marked some of the locations on the maps in the book.

AWESOME!!
+1

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <03-31-11/1434:10> »
Shiny!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Pathica

• Newb
  • Eats paint chips
« Reply #4 on: <03-31-11/2139:42> »
Wow, just wow!

Is there a 'resource' section around? This link needs to be added!
~There is no gravity, the world just sucks.~

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #5 on: <03-31-11/2207:50> »
WOW, just wow.
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-01-11/0009:50> »
I know I've said some things about Kenson, but I like what he did with this book.

No. I love it.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #7 on: <04-01-11/0025:28> »
Sorry that this is off topic but how did this map get created? I would love to make one for New York.

Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <04-01-11/0032:35> »
You can create your own google maps with some XML and web coding know-how. Basically, ChinaGreenElvis created the overlay onto a google map of Seattle.

For more info, check here.

I should warn you though, I know from professional experience this is not a "quick and easy" process. You have to look up each location's longitude/latitude in order to mark it on the map.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #9 on: <04-01-11/0208:50> »
For more or less purely personal use, you can also create something similar in Google Maps.  Go to Google Maps, click on :My Maps", and the "Create Map".  YOu can add locations, shapes and lines, notations, etc.  You can also share the map location with friends, and they can likewise edit it.

Not perfect, but...  I've got one going that I made for Missions, primarily to help us with defining the Ork Underground stuff, but also to help us keep everything in perspective.  Being able to draw objects on the map was especially helpful, in regards to this.  Besides being able to draw out exactly where the Ork Underground Tourist Highway is, as well as map out a few of the public entrances, it was also nice to actually have the size and location of large structures like the Renraku Arc and the Aztechnology Pyramid on there (Something I'd like to see china's map add).

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #10 on: <04-01-11/0223:09> »
Hopefully we'll have a full detail on the Ork Undergound, possibly a map?  That would be a big boost to Seattle that we haven't seen yet in a sourcebook.   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #11 on: <04-01-11/0632:18> »
THere is an Ork Underground eBook in the works.  That (and internal consistency) is one reason we're keeping a running map of locations and stuff.

But, I wouldn't expect to see a full map of the Ork Underground anytime soon.  The Underground is enormous and runs under most of Seattle, and trying to actually create such a map would be a nightmare.  But, more importantly, a lot of the underground is constantly changing.  Some of it is permanent (or at least semi-permanent), but those areas are mainly small pockets of civilization all connected by tunnels...  many of which are not well constructed.  Old tunnels collapse all the time (sometimes by accident, sometimes deliberately) and new ones are always being dug out.  This is one reason the Underground is so dangerous for non-residents.

Anyway, ideally, we'll at least have a map of the Tourist Highway (There was a small, partial map in 04-00 of this), and we'll have an overview map of Seattle that marks out some of the major exits.  That's what I'd like to see, anyway.  That projects not in my hands though, so we'll see what happens.

Bull

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-01-11/0731:59> »
Im really intersted, since in Settle sourcebook there is a note that Seattle lacked subway system, what is the origin of the Ork underground??

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #13 on: <04-01-11/0755:04> »
The basis for the Ork Underground is the real-life Seattle Underground. There's a lot of tunnels and connected basements and such beneath the metropolis right now.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <04-01-11/0827:21> »
More I know about that city, more I love it :)