NEWS

SR 5e PDF & Goodreader on iPad

• 19 Replies

Djinnocide

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <11-13-13/1011:04> »
I just upgraded from a first gen iPad to an iPad Air and I can confirm that turning pre-cacheing off in Good Reader helps that weird gray page issue. It might just be the new hardware, but it doesn't seem too slow after that. Having been used to the old one though, I'm not sure how much faster it's supposed to be.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #16 on: <01-02-14/2356:51> »
My last ipad and iOS7 took a flight out of a helicopter... wuth out a parachute.  I never liked Apple products to start with, and I am sure the bears around kitimat have been equally unhappy with the ipad as well....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-04-14/1236:56> »
Guess that's one way to make applesauce :) Have you replaced it yet?

I'm currently using PDF Expert, as Goodreader is pretty buggy with iOS 7 and doesn't sync as nicely with Googlr Drive.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #18 on: <01-04-14/1709:48> »
Guess that's one way to make applesauce :) Have you replaced it yet?

I'm currently using PDF Expert, as Goodreader is pretty buggy with iOS 7 and doesn't sync as nicely with Googlr Drive.

Replaced it with an Asus tablet. For $400 LESS, it runs all my PDFs and industrial tech programs.... something the Ipad would never do...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <01-04-14/2017:54> »
That's interesting...thanks. I'm kinda holding out for the next gen 10" Nexus...will likely pass my iPad along to the kids.