NEWS

Bye, Bye Blackbird IC

• 187 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #75 on: <04-30-17/0234:20> »
Nice cheap vacation for me and a bunch of friends. Got room for 6 and kit? Not afraid of a bit of hard work if it helps with the price either.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #76 on: <04-30-17/0513:20> »
While sitting in the car, Na'Nele thought about something.  If she had to bring these people out of the country, she would need contacts, as she didn't have sufficient contacts in country herself.  So she sent back a message to the guy hiring her.

If I have to get these clients out of the country, I'll need some local contacts for the first part of the trip.  Could you bring me into contact with someone who can do this first part?
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #77 on: <04-30-17/1033:07> »
@ NaNele  >>I'll get you in touch with the other guy on security with you. Name of Lena 45RTY-HG456-894IM. I've worked with her before and she's got steady head.<<

@Lena >>I can get you berths for 3k apiece. That price gets you a private head and space for 8. I'll bring the price down a K each for everyone that pulls duty in security and the mess.<<

Hanna finally answers, >>Sorry about the delay, you caught me at a bad minute. But I've got the prices. 6k each for a one week trip with a reasonable amount of privacy, all the way up to 21k each for, "if it's about to explode you may knock on my door."<<
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #78 on: <04-30-17/1124:36> »
Na'Nele send a quick thanks to the guy, before attempting to contact Lena.
"Hey, I've received your commcode as you are working on travel arrangements for a group of celebreties," she started as soon as connection was made, "I'm Na'Nele, codename Hyene and I've been put on the same job and as I'd rather not do the same work twice, I thought it was best to get into contact with you to see what you already had."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #79 on: <04-30-17/1810:51> »
Lena sensed a plan coming together;
@Dutchman >>Got plenty of options for the job so I'll accept. How deep are the pockets for expenses? got a cred account I can bill to for up-front payments? Tons of questions I know, but how much discretion do I need to buy, as in, just how hot is this cargo?<<
@Hannah >>Awesome, Will find out the total budget and give you a shout once I've got the deets worked out.<<
@Hyene >>Just pricing up options at the moment, know anything of the cargo? They attracting much heat?<<
« Last Edit: <04-30-17/1814:34> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: <05-01-17/0557:42> »
@Lena: >>I have no idea, but lets work under the assumption they have at least some heat following them.  That's always the safest bet.  What are the current options?<<

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #81 on: <05-01-17/0937:01> »
@ Lena >>They need star treatment, and you've got 60k to work with. I've sent you the cred info as an attachment. They did not give me a return date so feel free to take them on the scenic route.<<
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #82 on: <05-01-17/1500:18> »
Jed reached up to pat Arc's hand.  I'll be ok Ms. Arc.  Just need to stay busy.  Idle time will lead to too much thinking.  Looking at Marco, Jed asked What do you need me to do my friend?
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #83 on: <05-01-17/1712:46> »
@Lena: >>I have no idea, but lets work under the assumption they have at least some heat following them.  That's always the safest bet.  What are the current options?<<

>>Multiple sailings, best option appears to be out of Swinoujscie in 21 hours. Otherwise we're either in a major rush or got too much time on our hands and I'd rather not twiddle thumbs with a hot package in hand. You got any contacts in the UCAS? We're gonna need a welcome party with a vehicle somewhere on the east coast with a quiet landing near Nuevo Amsterdam. A straight forward safe-house and clean truck with directions will suffice if no welcome party available. I'll tap up my contacts but if you can tap that angle, it'll speed things up.<<
@Lena >>I can get you berths for 3k apiece. That price gets you a private head and space for 8. I'll bring the price down a K each for everyone that pulls duty in security and the mess.<<

>>That sounds good, I'll need 6 of those 8. You got a dirigible I can take? costs-covered of course, or you know anyone this side selling one? doesn't need to be anything fancy, just something that'll do a couple of clicks over open water and runs quiet.<<

Whilst waiting for the reply to come through, she quickly did a scan of 2nd hand dirigible sales in and around the Swinoujscie region
[spoiler]Agent performing: 1st roll failed with non-glitch, 2nd test at-2 for re-try: : 4d6t5 1
should be enough to find public classified listings if they exist (simple test @ threshold 1)[/spoiler]
>>No problems, busy morning? An old friend cut me mates-rates, but I will need a welcome party with transport or a safehouse and vehicle rental somewhere quiet near the beach upshore from Nuevo Amsterdam
« Last Edit: <05-01-17/1729:50> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #84 on: <05-01-17/1757:07> »
Marco smiled at Jed "Convince Arc we need a car of our own. If you cannot do that then keep us alive, I assume that your capabilities you can be at the airport right now and learn the topography and see if we can find a nice sniper nest to locate on, or see how vulnerable that place to begin with, we may need to abort if security is too tight."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #85 on: <05-02-17/0045:17> »
Yelena sits in a chair and pulls up what maps and schematics are in the open domain for the airport and the area around it.  She is looking for good sniper positions and backup sniper positions, again looking for those areas that someone would occupy to keep the sniper positions under observation.  She finds two good potential sniper hides and backtracks away from them to find the places where she would hide in order to keep those places in view.  She sends a copy of the spots to Arc. >>Srui, Yelena mark places for drones to go when leave here.  First two mark with X and then three mark with Y.  Can send drones to look at places when we leave house?<<
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Qwikfix

« Reply #86 on: <05-02-17/0940:22> »
Arc sighed, allowing a slight smile at the hand pat as she nodded.  "it'll be considered..after we meet our paid rides.
 I'm not wanting us to burn that much jing and not need it, aye"
  she paused, not expecting her comm to chirp in her head as she got the message.

<<@Yelena: we will know what's up before we get there yeah.  Null sweat srui.>>

With a small groan, the mechanic stood, taking a breath.  "Im...gonna go lie down, rest up for the meet up.  Best  we all do.."  she turned to leave, pausing to give a glance to Blackbird.  "I really hope we get what you need at the airport, but I ain't gonna lie.  If it comes down to finishing your mission or heading home, I think you know where I stand.
 But all well, we get what we both want, heh.."

With a wave the human went, looking for a place to crash, her mind a whirl of thoughts...
« Last Edit: <05-02-17/1417:52> by Qwikfix »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #87 on: <05-02-17/1124:02> »
It was easy to find the layout of the airport and cross reference it with pics to get an idea of the best positions. And in the quiet, soft light of the safe house it was difficult to keep track of time. When Arc said she was going to bed Yelena was startled to realize it was after midnight.
« Last Edit: <05-02-17/1126:44> by ismilealot »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #88 on: <05-02-17/1337:21> »
Jed glanced between Arc and Blackbird to see if there was a joke he was missing.  He had been to caught up in his thoughts to follow the conversation.  By Arc's response, he could see there wasn't a joke, but he wasn't about to weigh in on that discussion.  Nodding at Marco in response to the request to scout the airport, Jed went and emptied his bladder in preparation for the astral scout.  If these priests were there that Marco had previously described, he would need caution.  Mar...Blackbird, can the mental communication spell work for us to communicate while I am astral?  I don't think we've tried that before....
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #89 on: <05-02-17/1540:54> »
>>Multiple sailings, best option appears to be out of Swinoujscie in 21 hours. Otherwise we're either in a major rush or got too much time on our hands and I'd rather not twiddle thumbs with a hot package in hand. You got any contacts in the UCAS? We're gonna need a welcome party with a vehicle somewhere on the east coast with a quiet landing near Nuevo Amsterdam. A straight forward safe-house and clean truck with directions will suffice if no welcome party available. I'll tap up my contacts but if you can tap that angle, it'll speed things up.<<

@Lena: I'll check things out with some people I know, but I can't make any promises at the moment.  I'll let you know as soon as I have more information.  Do you have any idea of the budget we can work with?

Na'Nele decided to see if Jean-Jacques Leroy knew people in the UCAS.  She knew a talismonger there, but Jean-Jacques was in the smuggling business and probably knew more people in the same business.  She send him a message.
Hey Jean-Jacques.  How are you doing?  I'm currently in Poland and I have to get a group to the UCAS.  Someone local is putting the first part together, but I'm asked to see about the arrival.  Do you know some people in the vicinity of New York who can pick us up, or provide a vehicle and put us in a safe house for a couple of days?