NEWS

SRM5 Sample Characters

• 9 Replies

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« on: <10-15-13/2359:58> »
I know that Missions GMs have access to the basic archetypes in the SR5 rulebook that have been adjusted to be legal with the final version of the rules, but I couldn't find any downloads for them. Will these eventually become available for general download, or will this be something that only SRM5 GMs have access to?

ahayford

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-17-13/0953:41> »
I second this. Having this as a downloadable pack on rpgnow for free would be great. Or maybe add it to the season 5 download files pack. It can be hard for me to get people to sit down and build a character. Its a lot easier for me to get people to play when I can say. Here, you can be the big orc guy with a sword and gun, the punky drone girl, or the wiz decker....this guy already picked the mage.

Once they get a hang of the rules, then I spring character gen on them. Getting a player new to RPGs, or even new to SR, to build a character for their first run can be almost impossible. Particularly if they don't have the book.

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #2 on: <10-17-13/1357:17> »
I don't think anything like this actually exists. I'm a CDT agent and have access to a handful of "Missions-Legal" sample characters, but it's not all of the ones in the book for sure.

It would definitely be useful but I suspect someone other than Ray or Bull would have to compile them as those gents are pretty busy.
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <10-17-13/1358:36> »
This seems like something the forum could generate pretty quickly.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-17-13/1402:55> »
This seems like something the forum could generate pretty quickly.

They're not from the book, but here's a few samples people can use.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #5 on: <10-17-13/1413:32> »
Indeed, Zecoster (and others) have already taken a stab at this in another thread here. I just wouldn't expect anything to happen quickly; there seem to be higher-priority efforts in the queue.

Also, remember that almost everyone involved with developing and running Missions doesn't work for CGL full time, nor in most cases are they full-time freelance writers. So this stuff has to be fit in around day jobs, families, other responsibilities and other projects.
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #6 on: <10-17-13/1613:53> »
Yeah, ZeConster already suggested a bunch of fixes including mission-legal changes. Go bro!
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

samiam

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <10-17-13/1809:55> »
The only thing I'm aware of along this line is that there will be 4 characters included in the Introductory Box Set.

I would love to see someone convert the 16 archetypes to Missions-legal characters in a character sheet format...also with dice pools in brackets with the Skills.  The 4 in the Quick Start rules aren't always enough for running Intro to the Sixth World sessions.  :)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #8 on: <10-20-13/1637:24> »
I checked the 9 SRM-Legal characters, well 6 of them, and noticed minor problems with 5 of them. I'll try to figure out where to send the feedback to.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

PittsburghRPGA

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Catalyst Demo Team Field Agent #524
« Reply #9 on: <10-21-13/0958:19> »
I checked the 9 SRM-Legal characters, well 6 of them, and noticed minor problems with 5 of them. I'll try to figure out where to send the feedback to.

If you mean the ones in the Dropbox, I was the one who made them originally and sent them to Ray. Someone else reformatted the attributes in one version (and I'm just completely blanking on which of other GMs at Con on the Cob told me that they did that).  There is too much blood in my coffee stream this morning sorry. I like that idea and plan to do put them into a columnar table format to match the character sheet layout.  I did find an error this weekend on the Brawling Adept, but would like to hear the items you found.  More eyes is better after all.

Eric

Edit: Send the corrections to be made to phi_delt at hotmail dot com please. Thanks!

« Last Edit: <10-21-13/1020:55> by PittsburghRPGA »