NEWS

Upcoming Shadowrun releases

• 1367 Replies

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1320 on: <01-04-21/1011:12> »
Collapsing Now is showing as available and in-stock at the Catalyst store and some other on-line retailers.  Not showing up in Drivethrurpg as of a few minutes ago, but presumably soon?  Anyone got their hands on a hard copy yet?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1321 on: <01-04-21/1256:40> »
Collapsing Now is showing as available and in-stock at the Catalyst store and some other on-line retailers.  Not showing up in Drivethrurpg as of a few minutes ago, but presumably soon?  Anyone got their hands on a hard copy yet?
I'm not seeing it on the Catalyst store, do you have any links?

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1322 on: <01-04-21/1400:25> »

Hunh.  I'm not seeing it there either.  I'm pretty sure that when I did a search this morning on Collapsing Now (I was just looking for the cover at the time) that one link was the Catalyst store, saying it was available.  When I search now, I don't see it.  Possibly it was another site listing Catalyst Game Labs as a category and I didn't read carefully?

But I can say that the following sites list it as in-stock:
https://www.boardgames.ca/shadowrun-collapsing-now.html
https://www.meeplemart.com/shadowrun-collapsing-now.aspx
https://store.401games.ca/products/shadowrun-collapsingnow  (this one specifies that they have 5 available).
I wondered if those places were actually in pre-order?  But on digging a bit more, 401 Games shows Street Wyrd clearly as a pre-order, so they are not hiding the actual availability. (the other two sites don't list Street Wyrd yet).  So it looks like you should be able to order a hard copy from at least some stores?

ceridian

• Newb
« Reply #1323 on: <01-05-21/1120:47> »
Didn't they announce a Matrix book, I thought I saw it, and now I can't find it, hope we get one soon.

I'm sure there will be one, but I don't recall hearing its announcement.  Rigger book is the next rulebook announced to come after magic.

Awesome.  Currently playing an Oni adept vehicle rigger, so both books will be very useful.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1324 on: <01-06-21/1006:54> »
Today I see a couple of sites have stating that Collapsing Now will be a 'Q1 release' so likely my excitement was a bit premature.  https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/47275/catalyst-game-labs-will-release-shadowrun-collapsing-now-q1 gives a bit more info of what is inside the book.

Hunh.  I'm not seeing it there either.  I'm pretty sure that when I did a search this morning on Collapsing Now (I was just looking for the cover at the time) that one link was the Catalyst store, saying it was available.  When I search now, I don't see it.  Possibly it was another site listing Catalyst Game Labs as a category and I didn't read carefully?

But I can say that the following sites list it as in-stock:
https://www.boardgames.ca/shadowrun-collapsing-now.html
https://www.meeplemart.com/shadowrun-collapsing-now.aspx
https://store.401games.ca/products/shadowrun-collapsingnow  (this one specifies that they have 5 available).
I wondered if those places were actually in pre-order?  But on digging a bit more, 401 Games shows Street Wyrd clearly as a pre-order, so they are not hiding the actual availability. (the other two sites don't list Street Wyrd yet).  So it looks like you should be able to order a hard copy from at least some stores?

0B

• Chummer
  • Be seeing you
« Reply #1325 on: <01-06-21/1121:01> »
Big oof, I think that means closer to March or even April. If they already had advance copies back in September, I'm guessing COVID supply chain issues or that they had to have the printer make changes (Always a hassle, rarely worth the cost)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1326 on: <01-06-21/1302:43> »
The only annoying part of the announcement is that Pegasus Press released the German edition (titled 'Phantome') back in November. I'm running it through my translation now.

Theograth

• Newb
« Reply #1327 on: <01-06-21/1328:46> »
Anyone got a line on when the Anarchy 2050 books will be dropping?

I seem to be following you around and bumping your posts, Jack  :P

Really interested to know if this is still in the works, and if it plans on addressing some of the errata/editing issues of Anarchy 1e?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1329 on: <02-28-21/1843:36> »
With Street Wyrd out what's next on the agenda to look forward to?! :)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1330 on: <02-28-21/1902:39> »
With Street Wyrd out what's next on the agenda to look forward to?! :)

It's been the plan that rigger book would be the next rulebook after magic.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1331 on: <03-24-21/0552:42> »
Are there plans for a 'Run Faster' type book or are metatypes etc going to be released in the minis like the Ingentis pdf?  I don't mind either but more character options would be appreciated by my players :)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #1332 on: <03-24-21/0603:40> »
Not to mention a Karmagen System (or pretty much any alternative Chargen system, because it canīt get really worse than 6th Edition Prio table...)

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1333 on: <03-24-21/0814:16> »
Not to mention a Karmagen System (or pretty much any alternative Chargen system, because it canīt get really worse than 6th Edition Prio table...)
Not sure about all the hate for SR6 (specifically) prio table. It is far less extreme (in both directions) than the earlier editions. And compared to 5th edition you get adjustment attribute points, fixating minimum attribute values of all metatypes to 1, fixes to the skill bloat (did we really need 10 different B&R and piloting skills?? - so many potential traps), possibility to trade resources for karma and you also get 50(!) customization karma that follow regular karma chargen rules.

All this in combination mean that SR6 is actually in a pretty good spot here (as far as priority tables goes).

For example; Building a viable character with say... priority D in Attributes can now be done (although perhaps still not recommended nor optimal). While in SR5 this didn't really work out well, at all.

You could say that SR6 prio table chargen is is a lot more like a mix between of prio table and karma chargen than any other edition so far.

But then there is the whole argument against prio system (in general) to begin with. Using one set of advancement rules for chargen and another totally different set of rules post chargen will always inherently be troublesome I think :-(

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1334 on: <03-24-21/0906:56> »
The options aren't as balanced as I'd prefer them to be myself, but that's finetuning details.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!