NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #270 on: <01-14-14/1823:06> »
The Raven mentor spirit gives 1.5 power points worth of powers to Adepts, in the form of Traceless Walk and Voice Control 1. All other mentor spirits give .5 power points. Traceless walk should be removed, as Voice Control 1 is .5 power points.

It's been brought up before - there's no certainty that it's an error, given the nature of the disadvantage..  I'd suggest starting up a discussion on the subject if you want to go into it.

At best it was intentional to give him those two powers but an error of power point cost; the writer thought both were .25 powers. There is no good reason one mentor spirit should have a 1 power point advantage over the rest and I doubt that factor was intended.

If you wish to discuss the subject, this thread is not the place.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #271 on: <02-05-14/1125:01> »
This may be more of a rules clarification, but I am kind of assuming it is something in need of errata:

p. 366, Cyberware Scanner Table. Is "Threshold" on the Situation line supposed to be "Dice Pool Modifier" instead? It seems odd that the Threshold to detect cyberware would increase if there is more cyberware. Maybe I could see it if the threshold modifiers applied to picking out specific details of individual cyberware, but not just the presence.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Pixelmancer

• Newb
« Reply #272 on: <02-07-14/0615:55> »
On page 94 there's a list of what page to find various gear on. It lists where to find everything except RCCs. Between this and the autosoft omission I'm starting to think they don't like riggers very much.

MisterNix

• Newb
« Reply #273 on: <02-11-14/1430:29> »
Not sure if this will be more appropriate here than the announcement posts, but I’ve got at least one “clarification” I’d like to have that was submitted (and may be just considered a typo) and a few things missing that were in the hot patch.  Treat this like a “Thanks for the update – here’s where we may need to go next!”
  • Submersion cost should either be 10 + (Level x 3) or Level x 30 – simply to clarify which way it is.*
  • Binding rules on page 301 still use Summoning instead of Binding
  • Mystic Adepts: No “power points lost as normal” from hotpatch
  • Used cyberware clarifications from hotpatch missing
  • Background count rules from hotpatch missing

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #274 on: <02-11-14/1641:55> »
((Background Count is something that I don't expect in Core, that's Street Grimoire material. For Binding I can note that the German edition had Binding listed. Haven't checked submersion in that edition yet.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #275 on: <02-11-14/1728:58> »
((Background Count is something that I don't expect in Core, that's Street Grimoire material. For Binding I can note that the German edition had Binding listed. Haven't checked submersion in that edition yet.))

Doesn't the core book say something about background count being explained in future supplements?  I'm with you on this - background count is too complicated for the casual Shadowrun game, so there's no reason for it to go into core rules.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

MisterNix

• Newb
« Reply #276 on: <02-12-14/0747:28> »

Doesn't the core book say something about background count being explained in future supplements?  I'm with you on this - background count is too complicated for the casual Shadowrun game, so there's no reason for it to go into core rules.
Noted - but felt it necessary as according to the hotpatch was "superseded by the official Shadowrun, Fifth Edition errata"

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #277 on: <02-12-14/0820:34> »
The HotPatch is technically solely for Missions and includes two rules that will be in future books but are quite essential for Missions play. Those are not in Core and as such I assume they still stand for Missions until the respective books are out.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Pontoark

• Newb
« Reply #278 on: <02-13-14/1327:51> »
The Control Override rules on 265 establishes that there are the 4 kinds of control, and every drone must be in one of them, and only one of them, at all times.  Once you use Control Device, it's under remote control but the game provides no rules about when you are off Control Device, so we don't know when Autopilot kicks in.

There is a huge topic describing the problems and trying to find out how to use it in their games here: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13715.msg254276#msg254276 in case more data is required.

Forrest

• Omae
« Reply #279 on: <02-16-14/1527:44> »
Idk if someone mentioned this yet, and im not reading through 19 pages to see, but, nowhere does it describe typical heights and weights for metahumans (or critters for that matter). This is important for jumping, and levitation spells and possibly other things.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #280 on: <02-16-14/2356:36> »
Page 380, Forrest.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #281 on: <02-17-14/1410:02> »
After having reviewed the FAQ and Rules Clarification thread, I believe this belongs in the Errata thread. I'm posting the following four passages from the book as I believe they create a rules conflict:

Devices are defined in the Matrix section of the BBB:
Quote from: p.234, BBB
A device in the Matrix is any wireless device in the real world.
The next paragraph and the final paragraph indicate that devices are not personas:
Quote from: p.234, BBB
Devices have a smaller-than-person-sized icon in the Matrix... When is a device not a device? When it’s a persona!
I feel the book has firmly established that devices and personas are distinct entities. The fact that there are special rules in the Complex Forms section that allows devices and personas to be considered interchangeable for the purpose of targeting adds to the belief.
Quote from: p.235,BBB
When a person uses a device to connect to the Matrix, the device’s icon is subsumed by the persona’s icon, so it’s basically gone from the Matrix until the persona jacks out.
Further clarifying the persona-device relationship. The device is gone, the persona remains.

Which brings us to:
Quote from: p.233, BBB
Only devices can be slaves, masters, or part of a PAN.
Which would totally break rigging and matrix defense by the decker if they can't be logged into the Matrix as a Persona at the same time they would need to access the PAN formed by the device they just used to form their persona.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the whole "the persona subsumes the device icon." It just doesn't really make sense to me that a decker could log onto a host to avoid being spotted in the matrix or attacked, even if an opposing decker was 10 meters away from them. But, if that's pretty much an established fact, I would suggest the following errata to replace the second to last sentence in the PANS and WANS section with the following:

In a PAN, the slaves must be devices, and the master must be a device or persona.
I feel that would solve a lot of these problems as well as answering the question of whether a deck can be slaved to a commlink.

Thanks for the hard work gang!
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #282 on: <02-18-14/0343:30> »
My understanding is that commlinks and cyberdecks are devices, and therefore can be master of a PAN. However, when used, a persona runs on them and their icon is replaced by the icon of the persona.
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #283 on: <02-18-14/0914:35> »
Sure, but since PANs, WANs, and icons are all matrix constructs, they should all be following the same rules. A throwback sword is still a "device" in the traditional sense, but since it has no matrix icon or connectivity, it isn't a device for the purposes of a PAN or WAN. I believe, if nothing else, there should be clarifying errata.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Minimax le Rouge

• Newb
« Reply #284 on: <02-20-14/0524:19> »
Bows and crossbows : what accessories can i mount on it?
I would said top mounted accessories like Imaging scope, laser sight, or the Smartgun system.

but their is no reference about it i can find in the book.