NEWS

Looking for Group - MD,DC, northern Virginia

• 12 Replies

JakeConhale

• Newb
« on: <05-23-16/2200:12> »
I'm looking for a group near D.C. I'm currently in a Shadowrun group but we meet about once every three months and I'm jonesing for a fix worse than if I'd failed a kamikaze addiction roll.

Anyone in that area looking to add a player? Position negotiable, though I've avoided astral characters until now. Am familiar with most rulebooks through Rigger 5.0

JakeConhale

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <09-17-16/1339:19> »
Anyone?

ToonJunkey

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-27-18/0835:58> »
I'm game if this offer is still good

Flux2077

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-27-18/0938:12> »
Hello from Alexandria VA!!!

Sign me up!! but please let me know the schedule just to be sure if I can join you.

ToonJunkey

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <03-27-18/1136:50> »
Given this post is two years old.  I don't really Know if The original poster is still interested.  I was putting out some feelers and was going to wait a few days. Maybe check back in a week or so to see if The original poster reply to this post.  I also know of other guy in Alexandria his name is TheClaw and he was looking for a group two years ago. If he's still active you might check him out as well.  I Just sent him a post as well trying to see who's still around or not.

Flux2077

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <03-27-18/1222:12> »
we can always start our own group and still use this thread as our reach out front for other ppl to join..

I'm currently GMing a Roll20 virtual table but eager to play a face to face one.

ToonJunkey

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <03-27-18/1317:55> »
Your a GM that grate! I'm terrible at GMing and was hoping to find one for the game. So with You and I that makes two people for our little gaming group.  I'd love to do a face to face gaming session as well. I'd think we should try and get at least one more before starting out and the only other people I know are either really bad at roll playing or not interested.  Do you know of anyone who can be our third player?  Or do you want to wait a few days and see if anyone else bites?
« Last Edit: <03-27-18/1321:02> by ToonJunkey »

Flux2077

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <03-27-18/1736:17> »
My GM style is very sandbox, players sway the plot and based of that I provide encounters and our table gets many runs being offered for them to pick or deny. There's a run in Vladivostok (great setting by the way if you enjoy reading Vladivostok Gauntlet) but since my players don't feel like going on a trip to Russia, they simply won't so as they shop around with the Johnsons, a run in Hong Kong is waiting around the corner.  I'm passionate about reading lore from mostly 3e, 4th and 5e and so many resources, hooks, plots and places. Literally so many things to do with Shadowrun, I'm heavy about keeping everything lore-friendly and by 5e core rulebook.

Truth be told.. I would rather be a player, but because of schedule conflicts, I had no choice but to GM in order to immerse and enjoy the Shadowrun , so far loving it!!!!

Let's keep in touch and build our DC Metro Area club.

ToonJunkey

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <03-27-18/1916:15> »
My GM style Is more grounded in the Neon Pink Mohawk play style.  I can barely keep track of all the characters rules and building a story that try to give everyone a chance to shine. So I try stick to "Heist based" story lines and even then I keep getting plot holes big enough to drive a tanker through.  I also never had to deal with a continuous story line before so Lore has never really come up before. Though I won't lie I really find the lore fascinating also.

Flux2077

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <03-27-18/2314:09> »
Pink Mohawk style, sign me up!!! Im in! Before knowing about Shadowrun, we used to play Cyberpunk 2020 which is very similar, and all we played was pink mohawks spraying lead down the hallways onto the baddies, was straight up old school kick in the door! no questions asked, great times, lots and lots of laughter. So yes! Im down for it! I'd like to join yoir table later when we form our group.

The table that Im currently GMing is a bit of a  black trenchcoat style. Everything could kill and it would do it fast, but the table manages to play it all stealthy, low profile and not a single bullet fired as their approach is very much into social infiltration so far.

good hunting!!

ToonJunkey

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <04-05-18/1559:00> »
It's been over a week now and I've found nothing and no one. All I've got is on guy who's really ruff around the edges in Vienna.  I'm thinking of pounding some parent and checking out some springfield Game stores. Hows your player hunt going?

theclaw

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <04-15-18/0015:29> »
I'll be starting a campaign soon, I've just posted about it :)

ToonJunkey

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <04-15-18/1044:29> »
Read your OP and Sounds Like a good Deal.  I like building characters and I've got a pretty diverse cast ranging from riggers to mundane, to matrix, and magic If your will to Invite Me I'd be happy to To join your table.