NEWS

How to pass the time???

• 15 Replies

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« on: <06-16-11/0658:01> »
... when you're anxiously awaiting feedback via these forums and email from your local players (concurrently).

Time never seems to move so slowly as when you've got something to wait for and no other pressing business to attend to at 6am on a Friday.

Edit: Did I say Friday?  I meant Thursday.  I can get a bit spacey when I don't sleep, but normally when I lose time I lose it in the other direction.
« Last Edit: <06-16-11/0951:26> by Onion Man »
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #1 on: <06-16-11/0947:06> »
memebase
icanhascheezburger
cutelittekittens
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <06-16-11/1153:33> »
Browser games, hitting the refresh button, webcomics, hitting the refresh button, napping, hitting the refresh button, hitting the refresh button, hitting the refresh button, HITTING THE REFRESH BUTTON!!!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Laurentius

• Newb
  • The sword also means clean-ness + death.
« Reply #4 on: <06-16-11/1545:52> »
On the subject of "things to do on a browser page you're reading", I'll add in Duck My Life. Or, if you'd rather have another window with a game, I might suggest A Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

When I'm waiting for replies, I'm usually listening to some music (APEXvj updates pretty regularly), and reading to learn more about SR4. I've also got a host of other random things from the internet, if you'd like, as well.
That which is is that which burns.
Laur

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <06-16-11/1551:51> »
It's not really a lack of things to do that gets me, it's the fact that I get tunnel vision and all of a sudden games and music hold no interest and all I can focus on is my pending questions.  If I'm trolling around here waiting for answers you can bet I'm trolling and jukeboxing at HuffPo and probably watching TV at the same time...

I'm an odd one.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

Laurentius

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <06-16-11/1555:14> »
Understandable. How's the third revision of the Voodoo touch magician coming?
Laur

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <06-16-11/1601:47> »
Just getting started on it.  nojose was telling me over the phone that I could drop the Tacsoft and slave my commlink to his to get the same benefit from just him running one as long as I have the sensors and we weren't sure if glasses counted as a sensor the same way cybereyes would, so if that's the case I've got a slightly more substantial revision to make than first expected.  Still have to reexamine those illusion and manipulation spells too, but I've got my refluff for the mentor spirit worked out, I'll be using the bear mentor as the loa Baron Samedi, the Voudou lord of life and death.

Still working on costume options too, trying to find a light longcoat and some cheap costume makeup for a skullmask in honor of Samedi, and I think my Fedora will substitute just fine for a tophat.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

Laurentius

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <06-16-11/1646:06> »
Nice. As for the glasses, you'll be wanting an Image Link.
Quote from: SR4, page 323
Image Link: The image link either displays visual information (text, pictures, movies) in the field of vision or projects it onto the user’s retina with a laser. Visual data is typically AR data received by the user’s PAN, but other input is also accepted.
Laur

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <06-16-11/1951:00> »
I think that 3rd draft might have to wait for the morning or late tonight... I may have just developed an allergy to grass pollen and spent the whole afternoon mowing down some 30 inch grass at my folks house (my elderly father isn't much for yard work and won't ever mention that he needs someone to do it for him until its about 2 months too late  :-\ ).  At any rate I now get to feel like my lungs are wet and my skin is on fire and for some reason my teeth hurt, but not like a toothache.

I hope this loratadine kicks in soon and cures what ails me.  It's times like these that remind me that as soonn as there's a commercial opportunity to add some chips to my flesh or replace organs with cybers, I'm jumping right on that.  I'll be the first person on my block to gargoyle, that's for sure.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #10 on: <06-17-11/1106:18> »
I tend to keep it simple when I need time to pass unfettered by my own observation: http://thechive.com/
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #11 on: <06-17-11/1516:53> »
How's about starting a new game for other people who're also spamming refresh hoping for new posts?

Laurentius

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <06-17-11/1630:18> »
I'm tempted to, but the way I do it seems to differ from the standard. I've only been a player in SR3, and for SR4 I'm stuck DMing over Skype (via text, mind you, not group calls). Have yet to try PBP.
Laur

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <06-17-11/1939:40> »
How's about starting a new game for other people who're also spamming refresh hoping for new posts?

I'd entertain the notion, but I'm a bit shallow on the rules at the moment and pretty well occupied at least until the month turns and then I'd just be getting ready to start storyboarding.  Converting a storyboard to a run would definitely improve my rules knowledge though, so I'll likely do that anyway, but I'm still at a point in this rules set where I'd be much, much more comfortable as a player.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #14 on: <06-20-11/1623:16> »
Every now and again I GM Shadowrun via IRC. I only have a handful of consistent players, so my enthusiasm for drilling up new content comes and goes like a lunar cycle. :-\

Otherwise, the most recent way of occupying my time has involved playing the Marathon trilogy through Aleph One with the goal of clearing each scenario on the hardest possible difficulty. Once I do that, I will then play a number of third party scenarios under the same criteria. (Tempus Irae, EVIL, Rubicon X, Phoenix)