NEWS

[SR5] Surge Characters

• 7 Replies

czarblood

• Newb
« on: <11-29-13/0629:56> »
in 4th Ed , I developed a Class 2 Surge PC , physical adept , which represented my idea of a wolfwere physadept (some of the surge qualites are renamed , but are analogies of what was in the rules ;

Qualities:
Adept, Allergy, Uncommon (Severe): Silver, Astral Beacon, Class II Surge (Vestigal Wolf Shapeshifter), Class II Surge - Critter Spook, Class II Surge - Extravagant Eyes, Class II Surge Quality - Fangs, Class II Surge Quality - Glamour, Class II Surge Quality - Keen Eared, Class II Surge Quality - Low Light Eyes, Guts, Spirit Bane: Spirits of Beasts, Will to Live (2)

Adept Powers: Attribute Boost (1): Strength, Attribute Boost (2): Reaction, Enhanced Perception (2), Improved Reflexes (2), Mystic Armor (1), Rapid Healing (3)

can this be replicated in fifth ed ?

many thanks

Critter

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <11-29-13/0850:38> »
Vestigal Wolf Shapeshifter?

Also...no Distinctive  Style?
There's always one PC who just can't go with the flow.  They have to have something that sets them apart.  Something blatantly obvious to everyone who plays with them.

czarblood

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <11-29-13/1230:19> »
Vestigal Wolf Shapeshifter?

Also...no Distinctive  Style?

yeah , he is Surge Creature , sort of human with a wolf in him , ever read Wolfgang Kies ? from Into The Shadows?

Critter

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <11-29-13/1255:05> »
Sure I read it, I've been reading and collecting Shadowrun since first edition. Shapeshifters in Shadowrun are animals that turn into people. Wolfgang was one of those Shadowrun Novel characters that sort of slipped past the people that check to make sure they follow the continuity of the universe. SURGE could give you wolf features, sure, but it wouldn't make you into a shape shifter. I mean, sure if your GM says, "Hey that's cool lets have it," then you're gold but if you're looking for a RAW source short of maybe an infected there really isn't any.
There's always one PC who just can't go with the flow.  They have to have something that sets them apart.  Something blatantly obvious to everyone who plays with them.

czarblood

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <11-29-13/1318:27> »
thats why in 4th ed I used the Surge rules , I was asking is there anything like this in 5th (yet) ?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <11-29-13/1321:32> »
No, Runner's Companion had this stuff in SR4, Run Faster has no release indication yet.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Critter

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <11-29-13/1330:11> »
 :-X

czarblood

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <11-29-13/1330:32> »
In that case , Georgie Skarp has to stay in bed....cheers