NEWS

Run Faster Errata

• 288 Replies

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #15 on: <12-22-14/1706:19> »
That's possible. Maybe the ghoul's -1 cha is only applied after a PC becomes a Ghoul. But its min/max changes. Like say we got Elfy McFacington with 8 charisma. He gets bit and looses to HMHVV and becomes a Ghoul. we first lower his Charisma by 1, so he's at 7/8, then we apply the new Ghoul min/max so he's now at 6/6 as a Ghoul Elf. That makes sense to me. Never mind, I guess everything is as it should be.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <12-22-14/1730:23> »
Under the various shapeshifters stat listings on pg. 105 it lists Shift(Metahuman Form) as a racial trait but that isn't described anywhere I can find.  The basic concept is obvious, of course but I don't see where the mechanics are described anywhere.  What kind of action does it take to shift from animal to human and vice versa?  The fluff indicates low mana areas can force a shifter back to its native animal form but are there specifics?  Are there any other rules governing this ability?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <12-22-14/2338:05> »
The Shapeshifter attributes chart on pg. 105 has an error in the attribute columns. The chart as listed labels Magic as starting at 1 and having a maximum of 5 (4 for Leonine or Tigrine), then Initiative as being 1, which can't be right... Initiative is a combination of Reaction+Intuition, so it can't be just 1.

Based on the previous chart for the Metasapients, I theorize that the MAG and INI headers should be one column to the right (labeling the column that is all 1's as the Shapeshifter's starting Magic, and the column that is currently without a header and has 1d6 or 2d6 as a Shapeshifter's initiative.

That leaves the column with the 1/5's and 1/4's as unlabeled, and a basic guess is that it should be EDGE, but that leaves a contradiction. On page 103, the final sentence for Shapeshifters identifies them as having a maximum Edge of 4... most of the shapeshifters have that column as max 5.

eviltikiman

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <12-24-14/1534:28> »
On page 110 for the Random Negative Karma Value, where its suppose to say Dice Roll, it says " RP;;".

On page 110, Feathers is listed twice for no obvious reason

On page 111 Vestigial Tail is not on the Negative metagenic quality list, However it couldnt fit because it is 6 karma and there arent enough spaces for it.
-----Note: Perhaps it should be reduced to 4 karma so it can fill the 12 spot on the 3 to 5 karma set.

nofather

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <12-26-14/1644:30> »
For clarity's sake, it doesn't really explain in the Life Modules section for Further Education that you pick one art or science discipline (this is my understanding of it).

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <12-29-14/0944:36> »
Pg 222 of Run Faster has Grid Subscription being a 1 point cost for 50 nuyen per month, with a minimum lifestyle of Medium.

What sort of grid subscription is this? Pg 222 of the Core Rulebook has local grid included at Medium, one of the ten global grids at High, and all the grids at Luxury. It mentions upgrading them, but no rules are provided, so I'd hoped Run Faster lifestyle section would. It presumably isn't an extra cost for the includes access.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #21 on: <12-29-14/1102:38> »
My guess would be it is for one of the big ten grids. *Shrugs*
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #22 on: <12-31-14/1134:37> »
given that you get a grid subscription at medium+, i'd imagine that was supposed to be available as an upgrade for low lifestyle?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <12-31-14/1745:24> »
Page 106 through 107:
On expanded Priory A, and Expanded Priority B tables, Hobgoblin is list as costing 5 points and Onis is listed as costing 4 points,
while on the Expanded Priority C chart, the Hobgoblin is listed as giving you 5 points and the Oni is listed as giving you 4 points.

Given no other metavariant changes its cost by priority levels, either the Priorority A and B are wrong, or the Priority C is.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #24 on: <12-31-14/2219:37> »
P. 195 Used Car Salesman - initiative listed twice. Please delete the initiative written in the subheadings on the left hand side.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Slow_Joe

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <01-01-15/1043:56> »
Darzil, Rift_0f_Bladz, Csjarrat: Re: Grid Subscription being a 1 point cost for 50 nuyen per month

p. 219 Entertainment Section: Each of these perks has a monthly monetary cost and a point cost, as well as a minimum “no cost”
lifestyle.

Since the no-cost lifestyle is "Medium", I'd guess that it's the Medium equivalent?

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #26 on: <01-01-15/1130:57> »
not sure i follow. its included in a medium lifestyle, but the quality as listed can only be added to a lifestyle of medium or higher, meaning its pretty pointless. You're adding a duplicate.
If you could add it to a low lifestyle or squatter lifestyle, great, that makes it useful as they have to use the public grid.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <01-01-15/1143:49> »
I though the no-cost lifestyle factor meant it was included, meaning Middle lifestyle and higher has a grid subscription. The Grid Subscription option would therefore be applicable to Low and lower lifestyles, allowing those lifestyles to buy access to a specific Grid of their choosing for 1 point and 50 nuyen a month.

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <01-01-15/1210:03> »
Ok, I get it now, minimum lifestyle is the minimum lifestyle that can have it automatically. In that case, it's time to speak to my GM! 50 nuyen a month for my decker not to have to use public grid or hack a better one (starting overwatch) is well worth it! Thanks, Slow_Joe.

Giabralter

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <01-01-15/1656:21> »
given that you get a grid subscription at medium+, i'd imagine that was supposed to be available as an upgrade for low lifestyle?

That is correct.