NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #45 on: <03-22-15/1641:07> »
The incident with the waitress was a touch embarrassing but her affection was heartwarming. Feathers found it incredibly difficult to take any praise for his altruism, to him it just made sense.
Relaxing back with his drink he joins in with the laughter and banter.
Haha, well I don't know about famous but it certainly got more difficult to buy myself a beer around here. You're right, what we did was good. It felt good too, I'm sorry for those who had to perish to achieve it but its a lot more noble-a-way to go than the usual gang wars and drug peddling that seems to claim most of the young guys around there.
He passed up the opportunity to dance at first, his knees aching from the long ride in from suburbia, his old frame not used to the riding position of a dirt bike.
The music was passable and he was just enjoying being part of something, the alcohol numbing the edges of his consciousness and helping him unwind a little.
After a couple of insistent arm tugs from Arc, he finally relented, finishing a healthy slug of vodka with a cough and a smile as he allowed himself to be dragged up to the dancefloor, his knee pain numbed from the booze.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <03-22-15/1710:52> »
That orc girl that complemented that feathers guy made quite an impression on Marco, so these runners are not all bad. He felt like a huge burden was suddenly lifted from his heart, it was a dangerous feeling. But he gave into it, it was time to let his guard down and have fun. Stop playing with people emotions thinking that they either cannot control themselves or are murderers. He somewhat feared Yelena, she could have been his mother, yet she looked no older than him. Her rage outbreak was the first glimpse that he got for these early times. He felt dirty for playing that card, just to see if she will strike him, but she controlled herself.  She seemed happy, yet, she killed many people before, scary lady.

There was the music, and the band, the alcohol and the suspicion that was lifted he was energetic and did not want to stop dancing until morning. He felt happy, a different kind of happiness, he was out dancing for fun. Plain old fun, he wasn't trying to entertain anyone.  he was overdressed, way overdressed but he did not care, there were so many other reasons to provoke him. His last clear thought was about Arcs loyalty to that miserable place was... well he did not quite understood it. To him every place was a stepping stone to some other ‘better’ place.
« Last Edit: <03-22-15/2048:10> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <03-22-15/2154:11> »
Yelena has fun dancing, but it is easy to see that Marco is the better dancer. She does like the way his arms feel when they touch and can tell when his attitude softens, but she also recognizes the potential danger in that.   After a few tunes she claims mercy and goes back to the table to sit and watch.  Still nursing her second vodka shot, she looks around the room to keep track of the people coming and going.  She burns through half her cigars and makes a mental note to refill it when she gets home.  When the Ork waitress comes by checking on refills, Yelena asks  if the bar serves any food and will order something to eat if it is available.  She has no plans to go beyond the second drink and will keep an eye on the others to make sure that they are alright.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #48 on: <03-23-15/0018:57> »
It was clear that even sober Arc had no dancing skills worthy of any ballroom, moving and bobbing not unlike the metalhead she is,  hips swaying and arms in the air, hair whipping about her in time with the strong rhythms.  Two drinks in and she was still lucid, but relaxed.  And smiling.  Genuinely smiling from having a good time, which was rare to see for anyone who hadn't known her before the whole spirit incident.  Catching he breath, she sat down with Yelena just in time for the expecting waitress to come back and take orders for food, something Arc was more than happy to pitch in for.

The Drake Pit was described as a bit of a dice because it certainly was.  Not the cleanest of establishments, the place made up for it through good service and better food and drink.  The menu consisted of most standard bar fare: nachos, street tacos, sliders, and all other stuff that tastes like the sound of arteries crying for mercy.  The human ordered the nachos and watched the ork waitress leave, thinking while downing her third drink.

"..bet she's about 15 or 16...that's about time tusker's be putting out young like that.  Heh.  Howlers all consider me an old maid for not finding someone to slot and breed with.   Puts some irony in the term breeder eh?". The girl laughed heartily, patting Yelena's shoulder before trailing off into a sigh.  "Har... besides drinking I dunno how much fun ill be tomorrow...between drugs and sex, not sure which I'm more scared to do.  I'm not weak for that, am I Y?". It was more than clear that, while not staggering drunk, she was feeling the buzz and rambling.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <03-23-15/0212:48> »
Yelena agreed with her friend's evaluation of the bar.  By 10, the place was crowded and alive with noise and people from the neighborhood.  The service was good and the prices fair for the location.  She ordered a plate of several street tacos on Arc's advice and thoroughly enjoyed them.  After hearing the short human's words, Yelena put a gentle hand on her arm and responded softly enough that only Arc could hear.  "Arc.  Tessa.  You not weak for being scared of sex or drugs.  Both very addictive if not careful.  And both are dangerous if not ready.  Yelena very scared of drugs.  You know I was heavy user for years, from prison time.  Drugs were always available if could pay price.  Yelena paid and paid.  Addict for twenty years.  Almost die several times from overuse.  Never really kick habit like drugs, always there.  Yelena Petrovna scared one use sends back to hell of addiction.  And sex is personal choice.  Do or not do.  If man or woman pressure for sex, it not good and should walk, no, run away.  Some will try get drunk or high with drugs to have sex because will is less.  Not listen to new Marco.  Not need do drugs, get drunk, or have sex for mission.  That right for him, but not Yelena, and maybe not Arc."  Yelena puts a small amount of pressure on Arc's arm.  "I be there, Arc.  I not let bad happen you.  You Yelena friend and I........................" Her voice trails off as she realizes that she may have said too much.

Sitting back she tries to observe the others, particularly Marco.  Speaking almost to herself, but loud enough that Arc can hear, she says, "Yelena wonder.  Marco say he fooled by female Sam and she have something bad on him.  I wonder why she need him so much?  He appears not made or ready for shadows.  More party man for sex and drugs.  Yelena guess he was following own advice to consume all vices available and female Sam saw advantage.  Such actions dangerous, as he now knows.  But he still advise do same actions.  Yelena not follow advice of Marco Black in this."  She laughs and looks at her friend.  "Arc and Yelena need teach him to stay alive."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <03-23-15/0336:26> »
Marco did not come back from the dance floor.  Instead he stepped outside of the club reached for his comlink. He thought to himself, I do not know how these fellas can be disguised as the rich and famous in a night out. Think Marco, think they are not fully comfortable even in their own turf.  Got to soften them up a little bit

He called one of his suppliers, a high end beauty salon owner named Debi.

Debi, how are you dear?

Oh Marco, it has been a while, how are my makeup lessons?

Totally worth it Debi, you are truly the best! Look I need a favor, I need you to accept two clients for tomorrow. I am sorry for the short notice.

M... she said for tomorrow are you sure it can’t wait?

Yes he said, tomorrow noon, 12:00, I’ll pay double. I know it sucks but they really need it.

Well, okay Marco what's your plan?

Just give them your royalty treatment - I’ll come to personally thank you if they look good enough for the Stardust. You know the drill!

Okay Marco, as you wish. Try giving me some extra notice I’ll have to move up some clients for that.

Yes I am sorry, I’ll make it up for you don’t worry!

Oh... and message them to invite them. Tell them it is from Sam.  I am wiring the money now.

His next call was to Tammie, a text message:

Dear Tammie,

Tomorrow- I am coming with some actors from a future action trid - ‘Witch hunters’. Anyhow, they are a bit strange fella's professionals - but sometimes a bit too deep into character. Go easy on them - help them loosen up and have fun but do not pressure them.

Please keep their visit a secret until the movie comes out or they’ll never work with me again.
I am serious it is a really good gig for me, don’t mess it up!

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow,
‘ Marco, Black.

That should do the trick.

He returns to the table, smiling. Not fans of dancing heh? he turns to Arc. So, Arc... you’re local around here aren't you?

After a short while he mention:

By the way, just enjoy yourself tomorrow. I put too much pressure on you I am sorry.

I told Tammie you were the cast of the 'Witch hunters'  a future action trid. You are professionals, that are sometimes stuck a bit into character. It is a good cover up because 90% of these trids never reach the public anyhow.

Lets face it, it will be hard to disguise you as my regular clientele by tomorrow...  So make your best effort to blend in - but really don't mind it too much. They'll just assume you're a bit in character if you act a little bit like... well... who you really are.
He laughs.
You do your best, and I'll just do a bit of legwork to make it more believable.

« Last Edit: <03-23-15/0919:16> by gilga »

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <03-23-15/0804:54> »
I had been killing time in my room since delivering my report from the Stardust, listening to some old-world pianist called Stan Kenton and looking for traces of the mysterious person who had contacted me the previous night. The message from Kato was short and to the point as always.

Kato: >>My office, 17:22. Kato<<

"7 minutes and 18 seconds. Enough time for the stairs" I thought to myself as I jacked out, grabbed my suit jacket and fedora, and headed out the door. The three flights of stairs to the top of The Joke did wonders for loosening up tight muscles gained from spending too much time in full VR, and by the time I entered the office of the security chief at 17:21 sharp I was slightly out of breath. To my surprise I was not alone, as an older gentleman entered along with me and listened to Kato talk. I chuckled to myself as I noticed we were both wearing the same cut of suit. "Can't fault the man for having good taste..."

"I want the both of you to go to The Stardust tomorrow night together. I've already made the arrangements. Blackhat, you're there because you've been before. You know the layout, keep you're eyes and ears open for security that isn't electronic and on the grid. Ambrose, you're there to get something for me. A drug, the "house special". Nakagawa told me about it before she began changing. I thought nothing of it then, party drugs were well known to her, and were never a problem. Now, I'm thinking that it must be what is responsible just for that reason."

I looked over at the man Kato had addressed as Ambrose. "Demolitions expert, huh. Why is Kato sending a demo guy to get drugs? Maybe he is a user." He showed none of the obvious signs of abuse, so for all I knew he could just be in the pocket of the Yakuza. Kato was frowning at us when I turned my eyes back at the man.

"You are to back each other up. Be each others distractions if needed. Ambrose, I expect a full report of exactly where to place bombs and of what kind when you return. If they did take Nakagawa they need to learn that the anger of the Yakuza is not to be taken lightly."

With an internal sigh I nodded in understanding. "Great. Running interference for some washed-up ordnance guy who either has a habit or is in deep with the Yaks."

Kato finished his briefing with his usual stare. "Any questions?" Ambrose was the first to answer. "Drugs, Bombs, Report. Got it." When they both looked to me, I addressed Kato. "Just to clarify, we are to obtain a sample of the drugs and report back, not level the place, right? At least not tonight, anyway." After Kato confirmed his orders I turned to Ambrose and extended a hand. "Daemon O'Toole, aka BlackHat. Looks like you're on point, so you just tell me what you need. Here, scan this." With a few mental commands to my deck I created an ARO for Ambrose so he could take a look at the report I had put together for Kato. It had taken minimal effort to extrapolate on the interior and exterior footage obtained during my first outing, and the result was a high resolution floor plan complete with dimensions, the locations and types of electronic security, and annotations for everything else I had been able to see with both my meat eyes and my digital sight.

Waiting for the response, I made a mental note to run a quick Matrix search on Ambrose while en route to the Stardust. "Better safe than sorry."
« Last Edit: <03-23-15/0809:33> by Herr Brackhaus »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <03-23-15/0852:35> »
"Ambrose." he made it a point not to just give out his last name, he wasn't exactly trusting of this Blackhat guy either. However at the the same time, he realized that he was needing to  explain the reason why the Yak sent him out on a job. After all, he looked a little more like a teacher than some sort of harden criminal "Aka, Phoenix. Forgeries, Chemical, Hardware, Demolitions and custom gear. And correct, It would take a few moments to compile a list of what we'd need. This here is nearly perfect for explosives.. " he remarked pointing to the maps. Great, I'm being a babysitting to a fashion accessory. Honestly, who names themselves blackhat? Leave it to a baby faced knife ear to think that fashion is a good street name. At least he didn't name himself cry baby. I'll never understand that movie..

« Last Edit: <03-23-15/2126:46> by Triskavanski »
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #53 on: <03-23-15/0941:52> »
Arc grew quiet, lost in thought as she swirled her rumquila in her hands, a small smile flitting onto her features.  ".....If one didn't know better, one would say you got soft, Yelena.  But I know better.  You are too kind to me, and I appreciate it.  When we do this Drek, don't worry about me.  Heh, I've been to a few thrashers in my time.  How bad can it be?  We will watch each other's back...theirs too..hehe.."". She trailed off into some chuckles as drink number three was downed, her fourth coming before too long.  Right about then was when Marco returned, saying his piece.

the human gave a shrug, lounging back in her seat.  "you got that fragging right.  Grew up in the Barrens since I lost my fam long time ago.  Raised by the Night Howlers...yeah, I know I ain't a trog, very observant of ya.  Anyhow, they kept me as a sorta pet/beatstick until I proved useful and started to drive and fix cars/blow drek up for them, then I bought my freedom.  Set up a shop at my place.  I worked damn hard to get where I am.

Eh?  ....frag it. That might actually work.  That mean we can bring our gun Drek in right?"
. She was grinning from ear to ear, her green cybereyes twinkling in the dim bar light.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <03-23-15/1028:22> »
Wow it seems like its been rough, I was bitching about my childhood ... the only thing wrong with it was that I wanted to either be a human and blend in, or to be with the rest of my family. I the rest of my brothers and sisters grew up quite normally.  How did you end up running tough? you have your shop and everything, could just fix stuff and build an honest living, no?

He reach for another shot of Vodka and then stops himself. I am terribly sorry Yelena, I want to be comrade with you, but with this new plan I need to wake up early in the morning. I got to fix some things, autographs, flowers maybe... I’ll figure something out when I wake up. Don’t worry this is the stuff I regularly do. But if I take another shot, there is no way I'll wake up early enough for the shooting range. Who knows perhaps someday I will have to defend myself - and I better know how to do it, as this day may come a bit earlier than I plan if I keep associating with you guys.

He makes eye contact with Arc to make sure she is listening also.
I booked you two up an appointment in a beauty salon, I told them to say its from Sam, but it was a moment of weakness, Lets to stick to the truth when it is not necessary to sugar coat it.  You do not have to go, but I think that you should go. They’ll spoil you so much you’ll start believing that you are rich and famous yourself. You’ll have to convince yourself that it was just a gig when you wake up after the club.
Hopefully in the same bed you planned on waking up tough.
He laughes

I’ll still leave the gun in the car tough - even in this case - you do your best to try and appear like you belong in there. If you screw up a little,  I’ll just sugar coat it for you. I bet this is why I am here anyhow. If you want to fake something I'll just take you to a private room and pretend with you - don't worry I can be a gentleman when I try to. Just don't think about it too much- you'll have my fullest and complete attention the entire night.

By the way Arc, it may be a bit rude -but I've never seen such a hand from close by. Most people in my cycles would have picked the synthetics -  can I touch your cyber hand? Will you feel it? Do you have some gadgets and tricks in there? ... he look distant for a moment, then offers his eyes are bright: Can I tell people that you got it for the part? I bet some of the scars are still fresh. he adds 
« Last Edit: <03-23-15/1048:36> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <03-23-15/1056:40> »
Yelena nods as Marco explains his idea.  "Yes.  Like Arc say, might work.  Is good idea, Marco.  Yelena the trid star.  Hmmm, might need stage name?"  She gives Marco a quizzical look then smiles at him.  He might not be so bad to work with after all.  "Is very OK, Marco.  And smart to know limits.  Yelena is Russian and loves vodka, but not on job."  She raises her glass.  "This only second for Yelena, so you win."

Yelena unconsciously reaches up to touch the snow white hair that frames her face.  "Salon for hair?  OK, will try, but is new thing for Yelena."  She looks at Arc and chuckles, "Probably still no guns, Arc.  Besides, Yelena dress cannot hide gun."

With another cigar in her hand, she waves idly to the room.  "Marco like techno music?  Is fun and has good beat.  Arc's favorite.  Yelena like softer better.  Love jazz.  Man once new gave Yelena sax.  Can play a little.  Not like he played, but some.  Maybe we go quieter club some time?  One not far with open mike night.  Can listen Yelena play."

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #56 on: <03-23-15/1143:40> »
"Metal.  I like metal, Y, which is what this stuff is, haha haha..."". She grinned, blinking and looking over Marco, cheeks flushed a bit.  One look over the human would easily tell she wasn't one to frequent a daily shower, let alone a salon.  "...you're fragging joking...you're not...wow.  uh, okay.". Arc took a glance at the Russian, seeing her reaction to it as well.  "trid stars getting their drek done up...sounds appropriate.  And last I checked, people did enjoy foreign action stars since the late 20th century...suits you"". She laughed merrily, nursing her fourth drink.  She was starting to feel a bit fuzzy, so she figured this would be her lucid limit

In reference to the hand, she grew quiet, a little wry grin on her face as she lifted the chrome up.  "I did get a few things installed...nothing illegal, don't worry, but it might help my job out a bit.  Yet to test it out though.  As for the scars...". She unzipped her hoodie, shrugging it off her body, her tank showing set in grease and burn stains from her work.  Her full arm was revealed in its chrome plated glory, set in around the collarbone, the various plates shifting as she moved.   "you can tell em what you want.  Go ahead and touch, I just won't feel it...this is what our boss hooked me up with, and the resultant favor that has me doing this Drek with y'all"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <03-23-15/1258:54> »
Marco holds his breath as he carefully touches the cold metallic hand. First with a single finger and then as he gains confidence with his entire hand. em... it is so... powerful... so useful... too bad you cannot feel my fingers tough... sense of touch... is *fun*.
He pauses
I know nothing about machines though it is just... magic to me. He let go of her hand and finally allows some air inside. It is clear that he is excited.  it is amazing how it is both mechanical and part of your body... He looks at the scars. They seem so... painful .  Does it still hurts? He becomes silent when Arcs mention Boss.

Totally serious about salon Arc, I think you’ll actually like it. Will make you in touch with your inner lady. He giggles for the first time this night. Holding her chrome hand, pretending to do her nails... his face expression changes, he is completely feminine in body language as he speaks in the voice of an old lady: such beautiful nails... You’ll charm all the boys in the room.  He snaps out of it... You’ll feel so pretty when Debi is done with you. Now you also know what she is like.

He looks at Yelena:
Techno is mainly for dancing - I doubt I can listen to it without my inner demon demanding a dance. I grew up on classical music though... think  opera and the likes. Jazz makes me, feel stuff differently I like it a lot. Makes me feel like a real person...  I'd love to hear you play sometime soon...

He pauses, close his eyes and smiles. When he opens them he say.

Something *touches* me in many music styles, something deep that I cannot explain in words. Maybe it is similar to what Arc feels when she drives. Some passion,  I breathe differently and my senses are just a little bit sharper - I feel alive... There is no point in talking about it tough - I will *show* you sometime if you like.   

You should also teach me Russian, it will be amazing to learn and we’ll have our own secret language. I pick up languages quite fast you’ll be surprised...
« Last Edit: <03-23-15/1513:00> by gilga »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #58 on: <03-23-15/1743:50> »
Arc was a bit unsteady with her arm being touched, mostly because it made what little lucid, apprehensive part of her brain was still active after the alcohol recognize the fact that it was not her flesh, yet still part of her.  She flexed and moved her digits and joints in demonstration, the springs and inner workings cooking and relaxing to give surprisingly organic movement.  She eventually let out the awkward was with a laugh, shaking her head.  " When I'm doing something it don't hurt at fragging all, hehe.  By the way..."". She lowered her voice, but couldn't hide her buzzed mirth.  "where I grew up, behaving like that would get a boot up yo hoop as a matter of principle.  Ladies don't get treated well, you could say"

Arc paused as the ork waitress returned with a serving of nachos, along with a round of waters on the house.  A nice gesture, that was for sure, and the human beamed wildly as she swayed to face her, clearing her throat before belting out in her best Or'Zet.  "you are far too kind!  Ancestor's blessings upon you and your child!". She coughed a little afterward, steadying herself with her human hand.  "Huu... think four is my limit.  Frag, I might regret this...Drek on me."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <03-23-15/1901:14> »
Marco laughed, well tell me about it... As the only elf, when my classmates started having facial hair I was constantly laughed at and mocked as feminine. Eventually though...  I just embraced it, couple of years later most of my classmates fantasized about me instead of mocking me...  Funny enough, this is what set me free eventually, it was too much hassle to keep it quite. This is why I am so far from Rome. So I paid a price too...

That said most people would have changed to fit in. In my case, I just changed everyone else in my image... Imagine 30 teenagers living together for most their life - studying just one thing. Virtually no contact with the outside world.  But then suddenly, one of them becomes charismatic, seductive and difficult to resist. It was too much power, too quickly and I was out of control - a total jerk.  I ended up fooling around with most of them. Including children of some very powerful people. This is why I moved to this city.

But I tell you what, if there is an inner lady in Marco, there may be a lady in Arc. Maybe you just suppressed her in order to survive in this neighborhood... Maybe not, you’ll never know unless you try.

After a short while.

4 is not bad actually Arc, is this your first time? You could probably drink more after a proper meal. It is important to know your limit. I drink a lot several times a week so, for me after 3 I just add one hour of sleep per drink. If I didn't have legwork tomorrow, I could probably reach 6-7 before I lose control. But then again, I am not exactly a beacon of self control even when sober. He laughed.
« Last Edit: <03-23-15/1902:56> by gilga »