Catalyst Game Labs > Errata

Question on Astral Combat, Weapon Foci, and skills

(1/5) > >>

Marcus:
So on the scale of 1 to Burning someone's house down at Christmas, how much would folks oppose the idea of errating astral combat, back to allowing weapon skills with weapon foci again rather then the astral combat skill, thus reducing the long list of skills needed by mages by 1?

Hobbes:
Meta, Mages don't need the buff. 

Rules... while it does add an additional skill needed, it is fairly simple.  Fighting something in Astral space, use Astral Combat.

.... call it getting dumped by a girl you were thinking about breaking up with anyway on Easter.

Beta:
Flavour-wise, I kind of like astral combat being its own thing.  It emphasizes the strange nature of a combat where movement is so fast, damage is done by willing it as much as anything else, etc.

Mechanically, I find it really intriguing.  It would literally make a couple of character builds that I'd given up on suddenly work, it would give some mages some back up combat skills (when really they wanted astral combat) and others some back up astral combat (when really they wanted melee skills).  Hobbes is right, though, that in general mages are doing just fine.

Reaver:
Every thing has a price....

And that includes what you are good at. What to be good at astral combat? That's time your not training your calculus skills. Want to be good driving a car? That's time away from working on your shooting...

No one is good at everything right out of the box. Although enough karma does solve this eventually, the fun is in gaining that karma :P

Marcus:

--- Quote from: Hobbes on ---.... call it getting dumped by a girl you were thinking about breaking up with anyway on Easter.

--- End quote ---

Legit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version