NEWS

Spending Karma

• 2 Replies

DarkSpade

• Newb
« on: <07-05-15/1114:09> »
As I understand it when putting an upgrade in the first slot, you just pay it's cost.  For all the other slots it's cost + 10.   But what if I'm replacing something already in slot 2-4?  Do I just pay the cost, or is it cost + 10 again?

Also need some advice.  What's a good 10 point upgrade for a human that always goes for the decker role?

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-05-15/1345:39> »
In Shadowrun Crossfire you don't actually spend the karma. Your karma value is the total value of all the abilities currently being used by a character.

For example a character with 25 karma could have one ability worth up to 25 karma. If they decide they don't like it, they could replace it with two abilities worth up to 15 karma total (+10 for using a second slot). You never actually spend the karma.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #2 on: <07-11-15/1129:41> »
In Shadowrun Crossfire you don't actually spend the karma. Your karma value is the total value of all the abilities currently being used by a character.

For example a character with 25 karma could have one ability worth up to 25 karma. If they decide they don't like it, they could replace it with two abilities worth up to 15 karma total (+10 for using a second slot). You never actually spend the karma.

Correct. I see the Karma as a general value (experience + money + contacts + etc.) that you use before a mission to get equipments or to focus on some abilities. In that aspect, you can change your upgrades before any missions. It is essential, because some upgrades are more suited for some missions (ex : Dragon Fight).

As for your other question, I really like the 5-Karma upgrade that give one extra card in your starting hand at the beginning of a mission. Defeating obstacles quickly is the key to keep the crossfire level low and one extra card is a surprising big help for that. If you are planning to play some Extraction missions, the +1 HP is also really useful, since survival is the goal of this mission.

Hope this helps. Have fun!