NEWS

Best place to buy pdfs for gaming.

• 8 Replies

Bluetooth

• Chummer
« on: <01-21-12/2345:04> »
My girlfriend just bought me 2 PDFs from drivethrurpg, but the downloads did not start after payment, so I went to contact them, but the are closed on weekends. So my question is thus, Is there a better place to buy pdfs?
"How was I supposed to know that I am an escaped clone created as away of policing a secret society of mages? I had amnesia!" - Riley

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-22-12/0004:48> »
They don't start automatically. There are download links after purchase that you use to initiate download.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

MisterJohnson

• Newb
  • 26 minutes from now...
« Reply #2 on: <01-22-12/0235:25> »
I personally use RPGNow.com

All of my SR4 books have been purchased through them.  However, before someone else points this out - oddly, DriveThruRPG and RPGNow are the same company.  I just like RPGNow more - for some reason.

I've never had any issue with a DL.  Log back in and go to your account and take a look at your purchased books.  There should be a link to re-DL as needed.

Good luck!
Mr. Johnson  |  ContactMrJohnson.com
>>> [ Here's two-Nuyen of advice, chummer;  Never cross the NodeDragon ] <<<
GPA/P sr4++++ sw+++++

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #3 on: <01-22-12/0258:05> »
Go to your account, go to order page, click on the order in question,  Look for the tick boxes and above them is 'download' selection.  Let us know how it goes.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Bluetooth

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <01-22-12/0309:00> »
It is actually saying that I havent paid, but I have the verifivation from pay pall saying that we did. I have to wait till monday for them to be open.
"How was I supposed to know that I am an escaped clone created as away of policing a secret society of mages? I had amnesia!" - Riley

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-22-12/0312:48> »
Perhaps the payment hasn't gone through 100% on their end yet. Wouldn't know why not, but there could just be a hiccup in there somewhere.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #6 on: <01-22-12/0419:36> »
ahhhh...  that is different.  Yeah, either paypal takes a while to register with them or something similar.  I do use drivethroughrpg quiet a bit, maybe a cool grand in books in the last 6 month (ouch), but i use credit card.  Never an issue, and because they keep track of your orders (if you have an account), if I delete a book (or lose my portable hard drive, may it never happen), I can re-download my books.  I have also begun using their Print option recently, and the quality of books is good, mailing is resonable considering I'm in Australia and when its not christmas, get my books pretty quick.

That said, havent really used anyone else, so I can't compare.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Claíomh

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <01-22-12/0852:14> »
It's not a common paypal problem. I use paypal for all my purchases with DT and can download immediately afterwards.
And I don't even wish to know how much money I dropped there over the last 12 months ...  ;)

Still, they are usually quick to help. I wouldn't worry too much. It's inconvenient, but in my experience DT (and related sites like RPGNow) are pretty much topnotch if it comes to customer service and my guess i that the problem will be quickly solved.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <01-22-12/0908:55> »
It also depends on whether or not your PayPal account is "verified" or not. If it's a brand new account, you might have to take an extra couple steps to verify the email address/street address/banking information attached to it.