NEWS

Mechwarrior 5. Can it be? Activity? REALLY?

• 98 Replies

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #30 on: <10-15-11/2357:01> »
Well, seeing how, after 14 years of developement time, piranha games actually DID release Duke Nukem 4 Ever, there IS a bit of hope that they will do the same for MW5 . .
And if it's the UE3 Engine, then who cares how bad it is to begin with, people will mod it to hell and back anyway . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #31 on: <10-16-11/0004:18> »
True enough.  And a bad engine does not mean a bad game.  Look at Fallout 3 and New Vegas.  Also modded to hell and back!

Well, wait and see, wait and see.  On the bright side, it looks better than DN:F.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <10-16-11/0826:03> »
Sadly, that is not too hard either <.<
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #33 on: <10-17-11/1130:58> »
Well, seeing how, after 14 years of developement time, piranha games actually DID release Duke Nukem 4 Ever...
That game there is an example of why eventually you have to stop trying for perfection in a game and just finish the damn thing.

The employees at 3D Realms would joke that they really needed to stop George Broussard from playing any other video games. Which is actually not entirely a joke - he'd see some new feature in a game and insist on ripping up months of development work to implement it in DNF. They went through countless graphics engines because he always wanted "the best". This of course went on for 14 years.

-k

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <10-17-11/1211:21> »
*shrugs*
job-safety?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Stahlseele

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <10-26-11/0243:27> »
yep.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <10-26-11/0451:43> »
Awesome!
Living the Electronic Dream

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #38 on: <10-26-11/1027:52> »
Gimme!
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <10-26-11/1038:17> »
I'm going to come back from the dead to echo my dad here, after weeks of Doom telling us to come back to the forums because we're starting SR again... Maybe. If Codac decides to stop dying on Saturdays.

OMFGSPAZZNEWMECHWARRIOR.

And yeah. That is totally an Atlas. XP From the first pics I wasn't sure if it was an Atlas or a Battlemaster... Gods I haven't played BT in too long. >_< !! When the hell did MW4 come out? I can't remember if it was 3 or 4 that I was playing in kindergarten. XD
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #40 on: <10-26-11/1043:04> »
Welcome back!

MW4 was in 2000.

And now I feel old again.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <10-26-11/1048:23> »
ok. So it was 2 or 3 I was playing in kindergarten. 2000 would have been 4thish grade?
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <10-26-11/1238:13> »
Welcome back!

MW4 was in 2000.

What do you mean, "again"?

I thought you were one of us, the "still".

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #43 on: <10-26-11/1358:21> »
Welcome back!

MW4 was in 2000.

What do you mean, "again"?

I thought you were one of us, the "still".
Just cuz I am an old fart, doesn't mean I feel like it.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #44 on: <10-26-11/1426:36> »
Just cuz I am an old fart, doesn't mean I feel like it.
I turned 45 back in March... I didn't realize There was a warranty on my body! I feel 70! and Chaotic sweety... It was MechWarrior2.
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.