« on: <10-29-20/1700:01> »
Data Spike in 6e reads (bolding mine):

You send harmful instructions to a persona or
device, causing Matrix damage to the target. Your
attack has a Damage Value equal to your [Attack
Rating/2
, rounded up], with one additional box of
damage per net hit.
This action is linked to the Attack attribute.
*per latest download from DriveThruRPG

It seems pretty clear that it means Attack Rating rather than Attack attribute, as it mentions Attack Attribute properly in the next paragraph.  But Attack Rating (=Attack attribute+Sleaze attribute) can easily be on the order of 13 for a fresh out of the box decker, (and as high as 19 for a just created elven Technomancer), so a base of 7 (or 10!) damage, plus net hits. Which sounds high?

Should it read Attack Attribute/2 for the damage, instead of Attack Rating?
« Last Edit: <10-29-20/1705:21> by Beta »

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-29-20/1804:06> »
The most recent printing reads as follows:

Data Spike
(illegal) Cracking + Logic
vs. Data Processing + Firewall (Major)
Outsider/User/Admin
You send harmful instructions to a persona or
device, causing Matrix damage to the target. Your
attack has a Damage Value equal to your [Attack
Attribute/2
, rounded up], with one additional box
of damage per net hit.
This action is linked to the Attack attribute.

You can check which version you're looking at on the lower left corner of page 5.  Most recent printing will say

"Corrected Second Printing by Catalyst Game Labs"

You should be able to get that version thru drivethrurpg.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #2 on: <10-29-20/1949:36> »
This is so weird, because I literally re-downloaded the rules today to make sure I had the latest version (this just so seemed like something that should have been fixed in errata, as it apparently was), -- but I don't have that note on page 5, so I guess I don't have the latest?  Is there some secret to getting updated copies out of drivethrurpg?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <10-29-20/2000:17> »
IIRC you have a choice of which one to download... you want the Jan 2020 version
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-29-20/2004:38> »
Frag, yes, I was just coming back to say that I'd figured it out -- there is an option to just download the CRB (that is still the old one), or there is a zip file that you can download.  I thought that the zip file was just extra garbage and had ignored it.  But it contains the updated rules as well as some extra garbage.  sigh.

If anyone else happens to be reading this who could be confused, you want "CAT28000_SR6_01-20.zip"

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <10-30-20/0506:26> »
And somehow I missed this when compiling the list of differences between the updated PDF and the errata files. Apologies.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <10-30-20/0818:20> »
And somehow I missed this when compiling the list of differences between the updated PDF and the errata files. Apologies.

Wait, you did this?  Bless you!  I'm assuming there is a link around here somewhere -- I don't see it in this (rules) forum, and some quick looking didn't find it obviously linked elsewhere, could you point me in the right direction?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <10-30-20/1333:33> »
https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=31170.msg536323#msg536323 <--- compiled by using a pdf compare between the two PDFs, then cross-referencing with the two Errata PDFs.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-30-20/1500:47> »
Thank you greatly :D

Darksithmstr

• Newb
  • Fraggin' A
« Reply #9 on: <12-15-20/0136:05> »
So this isn't in any of the errata?  is there new errata coming with all the new updates, I didn't get my pdf from DriveThruRPG, but I take it there is a second printing coming, I have original printing corebook
See u in the Matrix!