NEWS

Skillwires & Edge(5e)

• 4 Replies

Chalkarts

• Omae
  • I'm a Street Painter in South Georgia.
« on: <01-15-20/2329:34> »
I know that I can't use edge to exceed limit or explode 6s when in combat with wired combat skills, can i still seize the initiative or use any other edge expenditures if everything is skillwired?

What edge actions could I still use regularly even if I'm using wired abilities?
I paint the pavement.  It's what I do.  Check it out on Instagram, @Chalkarts

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-15-20/2335:22> »
I know that I can't use edge to exceed limit or explode 6s when in combat with wired combat skills, can i still seize the initiative or use any other edge expenditures if everything is skillwired?

What edge actions could I still use regularly even if I'm using wired abilities?

Well edge "actions" in 5e are mainly just rerolling dice.  Any time there's no dice in your pool from a skill, then you can use edge. For example a Dodge test (REA + INT).  Any time there IS dice in your pool from a skillwire, you can't. For example blocking an attack, where you're rolling (Unarmed + REA + INT).
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-16-20/0303:48> »
EDIT. This reply only apply to SR6.

You can use your Edge as long as long as it is not related in any way with taking a test made with a skillsoft.

Add 3 to your Initiative Score, Give ally 1 Edge, Negate 1 Edge of a foe, Heal one box of Stun damage, Heal 1 point of Physical damage, Create special effect, Tactical Roll, Hog, ...
« Last Edit: <01-16-20/0629:27> by Xenon »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <01-16-20/0526:35> »
You can use your Edge as long as long as it is not related in any way with taking a test made with a skillsoft.

Add 3 to your Initiative Score, Give ally 1 Edge, Negate 1 Edge of a foe, Heal one box of Stun damage, Heal 1 point of Physical damage, Create special effect, Tactical Roll, Hog, ...
That's 6WE, not 5e.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-16-20/0629:07> »
My bad. Sorry.

Yes, my reply was aimed to SR6, not SR5.