NEWS

SR6 Leadership

• 4 Replies

st. Nougat

• Newb
« on: <01-02-20/2013:00> »
Hello All,
I am making a social adept for SR6 and was looking at the leadership abilities from SR5 where the character can use the leadership skill to "Direct: Your hits act as a Teamwork Test...."
Was this use of the Influence (Leadership) skill omitted from SR6?

I would prefer to play with Rules as Written as much as possible

Thanks in advance

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-02-20/2019:18> »
If your GM is familiar with 5e and is happy with continuing that mechanic, have at it.  But as of what's in the CRB, that's not something explicitly permitted.  This doesn't mean it (or a variation on it) won't show up in a future expansion, though.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

st. Nougat

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-02-20/2032:35> »
That's pretty much the direction i thought the response would go

By the way SS Devil Rat, I was paging through a bunch of other responses and with as much clarification you provide me and the other chummers on this board, I just wanted to say that you're appreciated.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-03-20/2035:15> »
You're welcome, and thanks for the kind words!
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <01-14-20/1201:16> »
You could have the player describe what they want to try to do, set a Threshold (or make an opposed test if that's more appropriate), and if they succeed, it generates a point of Edge for the person they are trying to give a boost to (or maybe to themselves if they were trying to create a distraction or quick con type opposed situation).