NEWS

Using negotiation in down time

• 3 Replies

Attilatheyeon

• Newb
« on: <09-29-14/2237:04> »
Hi all, i'm wondering if there are rules for using negotiation in downtime to reduce the cost of items. My character is a magician/face, and i would like to buy a power foci. I'm hoping to reduce the cost by at least 20%

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #1 on: <09-29-14/2324:19> »
Book price is the lowest you can expect to pay.  There's no allowance in Missions for buying used items (other than 'ware), and there's no way to get a new item for less than book price.

But if you're a face, you can use your own skills to find the gear rather than using your contacts, which might save you some money from having to supplement the limited contacts by buying extra dice for high-availability items.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #2 on: <10-26-14/1938:28> »
Hi all, i'm wondering if there are rules for using negotiation in downtime to reduce the cost of items. My character is a magician/face, and i would like to buy a power foci. I'm hoping to reduce the cost by at least 20%

IIRC you can get a rebate in cost by using the Missions Contacts to purchase certain items each downtime after you have gotten your loyalty up w/ that faction.

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #3 on: <10-26-14/2132:37> »

IIRC you can get a rebate in cost by using the Missions Contacts to purchase certain items each downtime after you have gotten your loyalty up w/ that faction.

That's only in Season 4, which is only for SR4.  Season 5/6 and SR5 don't have that.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)