NEWS

[5e OOC] Black Trenchcoat

• 314 Replies

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #135 on: <07-02-18/1642:20> »
Protect Your Brethren. Must not Harm Ravens, or other animals sacred to Morrigan. Nurture through Conflict. Conflict creates strength. When faced with a battle must succeed at composure(3) test to retreat.  Hospitality is Sacrosanct. Must obey the laws of Hospitality.

That work?

It's not impossible that this could lead to character conflict but it doesn't dictate that it will occur ether.
The same can be said for Paladin's code. I hope it fits y'all's concepts of Morrigan.
« Last Edit: <07-02-18/1645:38> by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #136 on: <07-02-18/1745:47> »
Protect Your Brethren. Must not Harm Ravens, or other animals sacred to Morrigan. Nurture through Conflict. Conflict creates strength. When faced with a battle must succeed at composure(3) test to retreat.  Hospitality is Sacrosanct. Must obey the laws of Hospitality.

That work?

It's not impossible that this could lead to character conflict but it doesn't dictate that it will occur ether.
The same can be said for Paladin's code. I hope it fits y'all's concepts of Morrigan.

I think it would work.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #137 on: <07-02-18/1747:18> »
i like this a lot, well done folks.

my only 2 cents is that "conflict" doesn't always mean beating people on the head. I would consider using the dictionary description for conflict: a serious disagreement or argument, typically a protracted one.

this is someone who:

1). doesn't like to lose any argument or fight (must rise to the level of "serious" so don't have to worry about simple disagreements or inconsequential arguments).

2). moreover it's part of his/her belief the conflict creates strength (either by getting to the "heart" of the matter or by building strength in the conflictees) and so they will go out of their way to create serious arguments and conflict just to pursue this belief.

then add to that must protect brethren and hospitality is sancrosanct and i would impose a composure (3) test to violate any of those doctrines (protect brethren, nurture through conflict or hospitality).

If this means they get more karma for taking this quality  because it's more restricting then so be it.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #138 on: <07-02-18/1754:59> »
Quick question, The Coral Snake from SL. Is a Single Shot, gun with Cylinder loaded ammo. Now to me that looks like a revolver.
Now to up front about my motives, Ace is speced in revolver so of course it's better for him if it comes down that they are.

I love the Kata Bracers and I totally want pair for Ace, but I wanted to find light pistol that would work for him first.

So my question is are we good with calling the Coral Snake a revolver?
Thinking
com
speaking

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #139 on: <07-02-18/1803:44> »
i like this a lot, well done folks.

my only 2 cents is that "conflict" doesn't always mean beating people on the head. I would consider using the dictionary description for conflict: a serious disagreement or argument, typically a protracted one.

this is someone who:

1). doesn't like to lose any argument or fight (must rise to the level of "serious" so don't have to worry about simple disagreements or inconsequential arguments).

2). moreover it's part of his/her belief the conflict creates strength (either by getting to the "heart" of the matter or by building strength in the conflictees) and so they will go out of their way to create serious arguments and conflict just to pursue this belief.

then add to that must protect brethren and hospitality is sancrosanct and i would impose a composure (3) test to violate any of those doctrines (protect brethren, nurture through conflict or hospitality).

If this means they get more karma for taking this quality  because it's more restricting then so be it.

Just to be explicit, on Nurture through Conflict your suggesting we expand the language from "Battle" to conflict?
I have no issue with that, and I do think it's in keeping with the concept. That said, I would pass the choice to Blackshade. Red said he was good with original language, and I don't want to bait and switch anyone. Though i guess it's fair to point out the Blackshade hasn't spoken one way or the other.

Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #140 on: <07-02-18/1806:21> »
agreed its up to red and shade.

im just kibbitzing

adzling

« Reply #141 on: <07-02-18/1807:57> »
stats indicate revolver (hence Cy ammo), picture indicates...wtf? I say ignore the picture and go with the stats.

I'd call it as a revolver for my table but red will make the final call here.

however you must remember that you cannot silence a revolver...so that is an issue if you want to be sneaky...

Quick question, The Coral Snake from SL. Is a Single Shot, gun with Cylinder loaded ammo. Now to me that looks like a revolver.
Now to up front about my motives, Ace is speced in revolver so of course it's better for him if it comes down that they are.

I love the Kata Bracers and I totally want pair for Ace, but I wanted to find light pistol that would work for him first.

So my question is are we good with calling the Coral Snake a revolver?

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #142 on: <07-02-18/1842:55> »
Ammo type says CY so that says revolver to me. Picture isn't clear, but it could be a top break revolver, breaking where the white and light grey meet the dark grey trigger assembly and that makes sense for a SS weapon with an inclosed cylinder. but for those types of weapons especially with loading and specialty they are revolvers. At least in this game.

I am good with either of the current renditions of the Morrigan CoH. Shade can make the final call on this.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #143 on: <07-02-18/1845:48> »
stats indicate revolver (hence Cy ammo), picture indicates...wtf? I say ignore the picture and go with the stats.

I'd call it as a revolver for my table but red will make the final call here.

however you must remember that you cannot silence a revolver...so that is an issue if you want to be sneaky...

Ammo type says CY so that says revolver to me. Picture isn't clear, but it could be a top break revolver, breaking where the white and light grey meet the dark grey trigger assembly and that makes sense for a SS weapon with an inclosed cylinder. but for those types of weapons especially with loading and specialty they are revolvers. At least in this game.

I am good with either of the current renditions of the Morrigan CoH. Shade can make the final call on this.

Cool
Agreed on all counts, yeah the picture is why i asked. Cause that certainly looks semi-Auto and not a revolver.
This first character I ever speced into revolvers and I really just did so b/c I have so many SA and Automatics characters. Figured was time for something different.
Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #144 on: <07-02-18/1912:29> »
Here’s another  mod we created for our game that you might be interested in.

It’s called the MO skip pistol edition. It’s exactly the same as the MO skip as defined in hard targets but it works for revolvers.

If Redwolf permits it this is an awesomely fun mod for a dual revolver wielding bad ass. You can plug-in a single silver bullet a single wood bullet and anything else you care (For example tracker rounds) and call them up with a free action.

As with all the other stuff i have the hero lab files for this mod and it’s stats are in the realm works file I sent you Redwolf.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #145 on: <07-02-18/2007:51> »
agreed its up to red and shade.

im just kibbitzing

Sorry if I came off as rude here. I like what you had to say Adzling, I just wanted to make sure I was not misunderstanding.
Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #146 on: <07-02-18/2025:15> »
Np at All

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #147 on: <07-02-18/2133:52> »

That work?

I'm totally good with this.

And I don't mind PC death and darkenss and the like.  I just don't enjoy inter-party murdering each other, as that almost never contributes to the game.

Did anyone have Quality recommendations?
« Last Edit: <07-02-18/2137:19> by blackshade10 »

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #148 on: <07-02-18/2221:01> »

That work?

I'm totally good with this.

And I don't mind PC death and darkenss and the like.  I just don't enjoy inter-party murdering each other, as that almost never contributes to the game.

Did anyone have Quality recommendations?

Cool, are you good with the expanded definition under Nurture through Conflict, changing Battle to Conflict (IE this would change any sort of serious confrontation to being something your character would not want to walk away from)? It's clearly fine ether way just go with which ever one you feel is appropriate.

Forbidden Arcane had the best set. Take a look at, Death Dealer, Arcane Body Guard, Animal Familiar, Chain breaker, Chosen Follower, Mage Hunter. (Some of these would result in changing skill lines up to some degree). It's very important that this character be yours so I don't want get super specific, i think a variety of these could be very appropriate to this concept. There are many other good ones in there as well.
« Last Edit: <07-02-18/2223:10> by Marcus »
Thinking
com
speaking

eryrwyn

• Newb
« Reply #149 on: <07-03-18/0357:59> »
Hi everyone,

Redwulfe's allowed me to join you guys as a back-up magician. I'm preparing a very misdirection and deception-concentrated character, possibly, with some B&E-related skills if I can fit them in.
« Last Edit: <07-03-18/0359:35> by eryrwyn »