NEWS

Bladerunner

• 50 Replies

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <09-22-11/0715:07> »
God I feel old now.

Local radio station, known for being the "oldies" station, is now playing all the songs I used to listen to from the 80s. I'm starting to feel old. It sux.

:'(

At least mentally I'm...nevermind.

When I first started my current job, I walked around greeting everybody with "Nanoo Nanoo"  for the first 3 weeks I only got 5 people who knew what I was talking about.
Living the Electronic Dream

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #31 on: <09-22-11/0749:13> »
@ Red Canti   I still think Betty White in Lake Placid was far funnier. "If I had a dick, this is where I'd tell you to suck it!"

@ Mason, Stoneworker   One can then only come to the conclusion that you were not old enough to see her in 'St. Elmos Fire' or 'About Last Night'.  ;)
You forgot one of the greatest movies of all time: One Crazy Summer

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #32 on: <09-22-11/0752:26> »

Just remember...experience and guile will always overcome youth and skill.

:)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #33 on: <09-22-11/0820:26> »
@ Red Canti   I still think Betty White in Lake Placid was far funnier. "If I had a dick, this is where I'd tell you to suck it!"

@ Mason, Stoneworker   One can then only come to the conclusion that you were not old enough to see her in 'St. Elmos Fire' or 'About Last Night'.  ;)
You forgot one of the greatest movies of all time: One Crazy Summer

Now that was one kick-ass movie!

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <09-22-11/0826:53> »
Indeed! 8-)
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #35 on: <09-24-11/1026:17> »
I still would still love to see sequals of Bladerunner come out.

I think we're more likely to see a remake with updated effects and the like. At least that's the line Hollywood has been toeing for the past 10 years. Damn this lack of creativity in these current craven writers!!!!
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <09-24-11/2251:39> »
I know that is the sad thing about the Media industry today.  I wish someone would do something new and creative.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #37 on: <09-24-11/2252:52> »
That would require work, effort, and risk.

Three things that are not exactly conductive to making piles of money to sleep on with many beautiful people.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <09-25-11/0255:13> »
I know that is the sad thing about the Media industry today.  I wish someone would do something new and creative.

I think part of the problem is that Hollywood doesn't want anything new and creative, so writers have to write rehash shit to get a gig as a writer in Hollywood... >:(

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <09-25-11/0308:08> »

I think part of the problem is that Hollywood doesn't want anything new and creative, so writers have to write rehash shit to get a gig as a writer in Hollywood... >:(

It's a shame as a forum we couldn't do a film.  I think we could do a decent one.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <09-25-11/0315:54> »

It's a shame as a forum we couldn't do a film.  I think we could do a decent one.

Hell, I'm half-tempted to start on one tonight! Or a TV-series. Hmmm...

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <09-25-11/0318:37> »

What would the team be?
Based where?  Heck I might be able to help.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <09-25-11/0432:14> »

What would the team be?
Based where?  Heck I might be able to help.

Well, I was thinking a 4-person team, because I think the dynamics work better with 4 (this is all just my personal opinion - feel free to comment otherwise - I'll listen, but I might not agree. I want to steer clear of all the weird-ass variant meta-types, and just stick to "core" metahumans. I'd also want to steer clear of any overly-specialized characters for the main 4. My thinking being (for both of these) that the weirder types can make good Contacts (recurring roles, but not in every episode) and adversaries. Don't want to flood the audience with all-out-weirdness straight out of the gates. I like to think of this approach as the BBB. You start with the main rulebook, and bring in the supplements as the series progresses.

It's tempting to set it in Seattle, because, far and away, Seattle has the most written about it, and even a casual player knows a thing or two about Seattle. I'd probably set it around the timeline of the beginning of SR4, for the same BBB reasons listed above.

Maybe this should go in it's own thread? That's if anyone is interested...

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <09-25-11/0506:37> »
so I just copied that last post and started a thread about it.  Let's see what comes up.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <09-25-11/0648:27> »
so I just copied that last post and started a thread about it.  Let's see what comes up.

Cool!  8)