Catalyst Game Labs > Catalyst's Shadowrun Products

Question about the core rulebook

(1/4) > >>

PMárk:
Hi all! I recently debated buying the 5e core rulebook in paper, but got discouraged very quickly. Notably, a lot of persons are complaining about the binding quality and how their 2nd and 3rd replacements are still falling apart. Honestly, I don't have much money and living in Hungary, so it's another cost to deliver here and frankly, I don't want to spend a lot of money on a book with bad binding, although I wanted to buy this book. I hoped it was an early binding problem, but amazon costumers reported the same with recent dates, but without the number of the print they had and amazon itself doesn't list the print number of the book I'd buy from them.

So, how is this situation now? Are the recent printings are good quality? Do amazon sells the latest print?

Thanks!

Kincaid:
I'm still using a first-run copy of the CE without an issue (gold lettering is fading, but the binding is fine).  I don't think there's an accurate way to predict what sort of glue you're getting.

PMárk:
So basically it's a roulette regardless of print number and the source (Catalyst itself or amazon) you say?

Kincaid:
The problem is going to be with the printer, not the source, so that won't be of any help.

It's possible that you could winnow down good printings from bad printings, but there are a LOT of variables to consider that I don't think anyone could answer.  The binding issue is likely caused by a bad batch of glue.  If there's a perfect 1:1 ratio between glue batches and printed books, that's one thing, but if more than one batch of glue is used over the course of a printing, there's really no way of getting that granular.

Xexanoth:
In my Opinion if you happen to have a laptop there really isn't much use for the paper versions(unless you're a collector),
Even at the Table, PDFs make it a lot easier to search if you need to look up something. And you get the updated version without having to buy a new book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version