Catalyst Game Labs > Errata

[SR6] Sixth World Core Book Errata File

<< < (18/22) > >>

Smogg:
I am having a little trouble understanding the section on page 267 regrading accessories.
It states that

"All peripheral accessories are wireless, and unless slaved properly, offer a sneaky ingress into a user’s PAN. Commlinks can have a maximum number of “slaves” equal to their Data Processing. All other accessories are “open” connections and can be exploited."

Does this only apply to accessories or devices in general?

Does that mean if you gain access to device/accessory owned by a persona, that is not slaved to a PAN, then you gain that access level on the PAN as well automatically?

Smogg:
Page 36: "Extended tests have a dice pool and a threshold like Simple tests, but the threshold does not have to be met on a single roll"

Yet Probe matrix action is defined as an extended test but opposed at the same time!

Page 183: "PROBE (illegal) Cracking + Logic vs Willpower + Firewall or Firewall x 2 (Extended, 1 Minute)"

Furthermore on page 179 the host hacking example seems to treat Probe as an opposed test, not extended.

My best guess is that P36 need as additional note saying something like. "If the extended test is opposed rather than with a threshold, treat it as a standard opposed test but taking the specified time to perform"

Michael Chandra:
Most Extended Tests do not face an opposing roll, but just a threshold. With Probe, however, you are basically only adding up your NET hits, and failing once on the reducing dicepool will fail the Probe.

--- Quote from: Banshee on ---Actually it is part of the push your luck aspect of the probe ... if you fail at any point you lose your progress and have to start over .. if you take the time to log off and rest there is practically no fallout except for the time spent but still it is still a factor of at what point do you go for it or not
And not that it matters now but the original duration on probe was an hour so that's a lot of time to lose

--- End quote ---

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
And to add on to what MC said, note that the new errata does specify that when you reboot and clear your Overwatch Score, you also clear out any backdoors as well.

ZeroSum:
I've done a cursory search of this site and a quick google search, and I haven't been able to find a compiled list of the new errata. Has this been released yet and my google-fu is just weak, or are we still waiting for this?

As I have a physical copy of the GenCon book and not a digital one, I unfortunately do not have access to the updated digital file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version