NEWS

E-ghost and/or cyborg. Ghost in the Shell char

• 5 Replies

忍

« on: <09-06-16/1618:20> »
Is the only option for a PC without a flesh-body one of the few drones? How might y'all build a full cyber body for an e-ghost to inhibit, IF you were so inclined?

Two arms, two legs, skull, and torso? That would cover STR and AGI. Body could be device rating. Maybe even the same for reaction?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-06-16/1700:02> »
Brain in a jar isn't (yet) available. A cyber torso is an empty shell, so that won't work.

A S-K Sekretar is a very good chassis for an e-ghost to inhabit. I'm currently playing one (Revenant in my sig)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-06-16/1910:15> »
How might y'all build a full cyber body for an e-ghost to inhibit, IF you were so inclined?
Buy the cyber, take a coma patient as dependent.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-06-16/2040:24> »
I have an e-ghost character who just pilots a realistic looking anthro drone built of bioware grown from DNA samples he left behind in his meat body and cyberware to fill in the gaps.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Achsin

« Reply #4 on: <09-07-16/2338:15> »
Instead of using an anthrodrone, with GM approval, you could maybe use the AI priority chart except with the regular Attribute spread (for a human body). It's required that you purchase at least a (used) cyber skull and implanted commlink (deck?) with starting nuyen to serve as the "brain" (and also their home device). Mostly Instant bio-drone. Would probably take a bit more tampering to adapt for a different type of meta-human, and you'd definitely have to hash it out with your GM.

Play a technomancer who thinks he's an E-ghost and is convinced that his body is just a realistic drone chassis.

fseperent

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-08-16/0018:43> »
Instead of using an anthrodrone, with GM approval, you could maybe use the AI priority chart except with the regular Attribute spread (for a human body). It's required that you purchase at least a (used) cyber skull and implanted commlink (deck?) with starting nuyen to serve as the "brain" (and also their home device). Mostly Instant bio-drone. Would probably take a bit more tampering to adapt for a different type of meta-human, and you'd definitely have to hash it out with your GM.

Play a technomancer who thinks he's an E-ghost and is convinced that his body is just a realistic drone chassis.

If your GM approves of the first idea, I would suggest requiring at least half the attribute points be put on physical attributes.
Would also suggest a stirrup interface, a move-by-wires system, or a similar system to control the body's movements.
Wondered why some corps didn't do this for AIs and deep coma patients, until I added up the cost and PR.