NEWS

[SR4] Plasteel Components and Laser Weapons.

• 29 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #15 on: <10-20-13/1920:23> »
-Merges his E-Ghost with Reaver-

Snitches get stitches

thank goodness I never got a datajack :P

Cyber eyes to replace the ones lost in an explosion? yes

Bio cloned replacement Kidneys and liver due to alcoholism? yes.

But a DNI interface? not good for someone with a mild phobia to technology :D
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

ahayford

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <10-25-13/1346:00> »
Using a hyper-expensive custom weapon is as much a calling card / finger print as a traceable bullet. Oh crap, that CEO got murdered by a rare high powered laser rifle....how many of those are in existence? Who knows how to make them? Was there any video of the shot? Can we determine the wavelength of the laser from the imagery....

If I was an assassin, I'd use the most common, easy to find weapon I could get my hands on...then throw it in a shredder afterward and dump the shreds into the ocean.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <10-25-13/1404:53> »
Using a hyper-expensive custom weapon is as much a calling card / finger print as a traceable bullet. Oh crap, that CEO got murdered by a rare high powered laser rifle....how many of those are in existence? Who knows how to make them? Was there any video of the shot? Can we determine the wavelength of the laser from the imagery....

If I was an assassin, I'd use the most common, easy to find weapon I could get my hands on...then throw it in a shredder afterward and dump the shreds into the ocean.

but, but, but what about STYLE!!!

hard to have a rep for style when you kill just like any other gutterpunk.

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #18 on: <10-25-13/1412:28> »
I simply got an NPC with the reputation of "Mile-Killer", he fires a burst-fire sniper rifle from a building up to a mile away to tear through his target. It always takes law enforcement a while to realize the gunfire came from a mile away. It's definitely a good way to draw attention with a distinctive style. :)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <10-25-13/1416:26> »
I simply got an NPC with the reputation of "Mile-Killer", he fires a burst-fire sniper rifle from a building up to a mile away to tear through his target. It always takes law enforcement a while to realize the gunfire came from a mile away. It's definitely a good way to draw attention with a distinctive style. :)

Can you use "take aim" with burst fire??? I can't remember.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #20 on: <10-25-13/1420:23> »
Called Shot is restricted to Short Bursts, Take Aim has no restrictions. So firing 10 rounds in one go...

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <10-25-13/1423:27> »
Called Shot is restricted to Short Bursts, Take Aim has no restrictions. So firing 10 rounds in one go...

wow... logically that makes no sense..... but ok.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #22 on: <10-25-13/1424:59> »
Eh, it makes sense. You aim veeeeeeeery carefully... And then fire ten rounds.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <10-25-13/1431:26> »
yea, but logically after the first round leaves the barrel and the bolt loads the next round, you have barrel lift.... (recoil) so you would need to dampen ALL the recoil of the weapon.

by RAW it works, I am not arguing. But by physics, it doesn't.

guess I'll chalk it up to "only in SR"....

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #24 on: <10-25-13/1434:14> »
6 from a Tripod, 1 from a shock pad, 1 from personalized grip, 1 from Strength. :)

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <10-25-13/1439:05> »
yea, but logically after the first round leaves the barrel and the bolt loads the next round, you have barrel lift.... (recoil) so you would need to dampen ALL the recoil of the weapon.

From my (admittedly limited, target range time not military) experience taking the time to properly aquire a target and get a good point of aim before firing is a lot more accurate than just raising the weapon and firing even with an automatic.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <10-25-13/1516:29> »

From my (admittedly limited, target range time not military) experience taking the time to properly aquire a target and get a good point of aim before firing is a lot more accurate than just raising the weapon and firing even with an automatic.

you are very right, but the issue at hand is the "climb" of the barrel. as the bullet leaves the barrel, the barrel is "thrown" up as the gasses escape. Also, you have the bolt (receiver, loader.... differs with who you ask), pulling back, ejecting the spent shell, and slamming the new round into place, which causes "jerking" tot he weapon on the whole.

So even if you lined up a perfect shot, then fired a burst: the first round would dead on target (we hope), but the next bullet would not, nor the next or the next or the next..... if you aimed at the belly of the target, you would end up "walking" a spray of bullets from his belly all the way up to and possibly over his head.... (and extreme range would just make the spread of round worse)

but that is RL... and this is in SR. like I said, it fits RAW, so I can not really complain. (well, yes I can, but no one cares :D and "good for the goose..." and all that.)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #27 on: <10-25-13/1517:50> »
Don't forget it's rather expensive. :) That oughta include the costs of making sure it still functions well.

WrongConcept

• Chummer
  • "This demonstrates my stupidity"
« Reply #28 on: <10-25-13/1558:46> »

you are very right, but the issue at hand is the "climb" of the barrel. as the bullet leaves the barrel, the barrel is "thrown" up as the gasses escape. Also, you have the bolt (receiver, loader.... differs with who you ask), pulling back, ejecting the spent shell, and slamming the new round into place, which causes "jerking" tot he weapon on the whole.

So even if you lined up a perfect shot, then fired a burst: the first round would dead on target (we hope), but the next bullet would not, nor the next or the next or the next..... if you aimed at the belly of the target, you would end up "walking" a spray of bullets from his belly all the way up to and possibly over his head.... (and extreme range would just make the spread of round worse)

but that is RL... and this is in SR. like I said, it fits RAW, so I can not really complain. (well, yes I can, but no one cares :D and "good for the goose..." and all that.)

This is just my oppinion:
SR ammo is Casseless so no ejection, just load, also RC means recoil compensation if you have 9 like that dude then its asummed that you are shooring straight with a few milimiters of diference, if you were aiming at a pin, then each milimiter counts, if you are aiming at a body part then its easyer.
"Welcome to the Shadows... We bake cookies on tuesdays and prepare for mass murder on saturdays, we do rest at sundays to start murdering on Monday... WHY?! my thats a stupid question, because mondays suck!" -Mad Gunner Brian

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <10-25-13/1606:02> »

This is just my oppinion:
SR ammo is Casseless so no ejection, just load, also RC means recoil compensation if you have 9 like that dude then its asummed that you are shooring straight with a few milimiters of diference, if you were aiming at a pin, then each milimiter counts, if you are aiming at a body part then its easyer.

caseless ammo just means that the bullet is attached to a solid propellent.. there is still a bolt that moves back and forth to load the next "shell" (in this case the bullet/propellant combo)  and seal the chamber... otherwise you would have a chain fire incident very quickly (which is when the spark from the ignition of the propellant ignites OTHER rounds..... aka KA-BOOM!!!) the only RL caseless ammo I can think of off the top of my head without google is the 4.7mm round developed by H&K for the G11 assault rifle.