NEWS

[SR4] Cybereyes Question

• 6 Replies

Tassyr

• Chummer
« on: <09-23-13/1511:08> »
So it looks like my GM is going to house-rule that you can only get enhancements from one visual item at a time, meaning I might have to go to cyber eyes to get both the visual aid and my smartgun system.

The random question is: How visible ARE cyber eyes? It says you can get 'em in any shape or color and 'seemingly natural.' does this mean they actually do look like eyes, or do they give themselves away somehow?
"There's a reason Johnsons are named what they are. They'll try and fuck you at some point, no doubt about it." -Camulus

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-23-13/1514:16> »
A cyber eye can look remarkably like a real eye, yes.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Tassyr

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <09-23-13/1532:30> »
A cyber eye can look remarkably like a real eye, yes.

remarkably- does that mean the same, or 'if you squint just right you can tell they're fake.' XD
"There's a reason Johnsons are named what they are. They'll try and fuck you at some point, no doubt about it." -Camulus

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-23-13/1534:54> »
You'd have to look really close.

Kind of like this, but possibly even more realistic looking.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Tassyr

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <09-23-13/1537:15> »
Ah, thanks! :D

Schwami

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <09-24-13/0020:25> »
My grandpa had a glass eye most of his life; people who knew him for 20 years were surprised to learn that this was the case at his funeral. I'd rule it as the same test to spot cyberlimbs (visual perception with a threshold of 3 or 4) with an even higher threshold to spot them with the naked eye; millimeter wave, MAD scanners, and the like would probably pick them up as easy as anything though.

Maybe thermographic vision as well - given that it's unlikely anyone will be touching your eye, they could be appreciably cooler than a real one.

WrongConcept

• Chummer
  • "This demonstrates my stupidity"
« Reply #6 on: <09-30-13/1728:49> »
For my part i houserule that cybereyes can look pretty human but are obiously artificial, however there are some Master Artisan that can make a small modification to the Cybereye (Alphaware or Superior) with no cost to Capacity but a high cost of nuyen 7500 for basic realistic eyes, 10000 for realistic beautifull eyes, 15000 for works of art of realism you will have the most beautifull eyes and still seem "Unbeliavably real" it is a merely cosmetic modification. The last level counts as a "Signature" as the Negative Quality!
"Welcome to the Shadows... We bake cookies on tuesdays and prepare for mass murder on saturdays, we do rest at sundays to start murdering on Monday... WHY?! my thats a stupid question, because mondays suck!" -Mad Gunner Brian