NEWS

Halp. Drones. Repair. ¿?¿

• 3 Replies

忍

« on: <03-08-17/2105:15> »
I've looked. and looked and looked and looked.

What skill/s are used to repair drones? Hardware? some Mechanic?

I don't want to get bogged down with time intervals or cost. I just want the skill/s. Please help, you're my only hope.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-09-17/0508:00> »
its usually the respective mechanic as on page 145 of core

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-09-17/0537:03> »
Drones qualify as vehicles, so they are repaired like vehicles. Pick the proper mode of movement (Ground, Air, or Nautical) and use the associated Mechanics skill.

Some GMs might let you use Industrial Mechanic for specific drones (like automated cranes or something). And you might be able to argue Hardware for repairing particularly small drones, but usually Hardware is limited to repairing Matrix damage only.

If you do decide that you want the time intervals, cost, etc. Take a look at Run & Gun or Rigger 5.0, both books have some expanded rules for repairing gear. Rigger 5.0 is probably the better bet for vehicles/drones.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #3 on: <03-09-17/1037:38> »
As a small note, I also highly suggest you get a lifestyle with the Garage option from Run Faster.  It allows you to recover a small number of boxes for free each week, which can save you a lot of money long-term.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.