NEWS

Another TM thread

• 2 Replies

忍

« on: <04-13-16/1340:41> »
This merely an idea ment to possibly move closer to a "fix" to the conundrum that is 5e TMs.

What if the living persona keep the same attribute relations (asdf from mental attributes) except TMs had available a pool of points equal to their resonance to assign to their asdf and could "reconfigure" those points similarly to how a Decker would?

Granted this is just an idea I want to throw out there. I haven't tried any number crunching yet (at work atm). Any thoughts?

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #1 on: <04-13-16/1403:17> »
I feel adding more systems on top of TM's already weird mechanics isn't going to help them.

I think the only things that'll help them is better ways to resist fading, more complex forms to handle hacking tasks, and the ability to hack with only complex forms and less reliance on mental stats. This way orks and trolls can actually be half decent TMs.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-13-16/1414:09> »
Mechanically doesn't fix any of the Core TM issues.  Flavor wise runs counter to the whole "Living Persona" thing.

Minor buff at best as TMs still need high Logic, Intuition, and Willpower for Skills, Compiling, and Threading. 

I could see it being a good Submersion power though.