NEWS

Customized Drugs... WTH?

• 20 Replies

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <07-06-15/0856:33> »

Remember boys and girls, Nancy Reagan says: "Don't do drugs!"

I Thought her line was "Just say no to drugs!"?

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <07-06-15/1029:38> »

Remember boys and girls, Nancy Reagan says: "Don't do drugs!"

I Thought her line was "Just say no to drugs!"?

Yeah... but if they didn't want me to do drugs then they shouldn't have given me the option to get a +4 Intuition from it, I just wanna know how to do it. Definitely shouldn't have made Pharmaceutical Grade Kamikaze either, that's some good stuff right there!!!

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <07-06-15/1038:21> »
I think the example is wrong, or I'm not reading the table right. What does the asterix for each block beyond foundation mean? Seems like you could build a Foundation + one block with the base Addiction Rating 6, Threshold 2. As far as I can tell, only the enhancers add to the rating and threshold, which you really don't need.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <07-06-15/1148:51> »
I think the example is wrong, or I'm not reading the table right. What does the asterix for each block beyond foundation mean? Seems like you could build a Foundation + one block with the base Addiction Rating 6, Threshold 2. As far as I can tell, only the enhancers add to the rating and threshold, which you really don't need.

Welcome to the thread & the questions I've been asking about in the Errata thread since day 1. My OP is the numbers I *think* are supposed to be used for the * by reverse engineering the Examples AR & AT totals. But considering that the example has an AR10 & AT 8... that's the last thing in the world anyone would want to take. Eating a gun barrel seems like a much faster & humane way committing suicide, which is exactly what that Custom Drug will do.

ughsoclever

• Newb
  • Not actually that clever
« Reply #19 on: <07-06-15/1758:24> »
Am I the only one who feels like the blocks should determine the AR & AT, rather than the enhancements? It seems weird that you could get +4 to a bunch of stats with no problems if you ingest it and wait 3 turns, but if you want +1 to one stat and an immediate effect, suddenly you're dealing with a threshold of 5?

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <07-06-15/1809:56> »
Am I the only one who feels like the blocks should determine the AR & AT, rather than the enhancements? It seems weird that you could get +4 to a bunch of stats with no problems if you ingest it and wait 3 turns, but if you want +1 to one stat and an immediate effect, suddenly you're dealing with a threshold of 5?

It's all a pretty hard fail when Narco & Pharmaceutical Grade Kamikaze is so damn good in comparison!!!