NEWS

Aerie Windseeker

• 4 Replies

Crystalnix

• Newb
« on: <10-10-18/0002:52> »
I was looking into making and angel themed character and read about the aerie windseeker in the chrome flesh book(page 208-209) but haven’t been able to find any stat blocks for it. Would to hear your opinions on functional cyber wings.
Standard upgrades are bland, show me something more........interesting. I know the specialty gear isn’t kept in general viewing, money’s not an issue. I’m just trying to find something that actually catches my interest.

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #1 on: <10-10-18/1510:15> »
I'd modify the liminal body for it, personally.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <10-10-18/1712:48> »
I was looking into making and angel themed character and read about the aerie windseeker in the chrome flesh book(page 208-209) but haven’t been able to find any stat blocks for it. Would to hear your opinions on functional cyber wings.
Functional cyberwings would be very difficult to do as actual wings. There's a reason why birds have hollow bones, you know. You could, perhaps, have a vectored thrust setup made to look like wings, like Vulture in Spiderman: Homecoming, but I'd probably require an exotic vehicle skill to use the things.

Jet-packs and gliders? Those are easily done. In fact, I made a little something like that back in 2011 for fun.

Actual, functional wings are more likely to be some kind of Changeling quality or bioware mod, because mass is the big kicker here. Cyberware is heavier than normal humans, who are already heavier (and denser) than a bird of the same size would be. Your best bet for an 'angel' being able to actually fly would be to go the magic route, actually, and convince your DM to let you have some kind of modified version of the Levitate spell or similar that had visible wings as a part of the spell. Or, you know, something like this.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

ordeiberon

• Newb
  • We are but a stepping stone to what we can become
« Reply #3 on: <10-10-18/2004:35> »
I was going to mention the possible use of hollow bones bioware (Transgenics, skeletal pneumacity,  Chome Flesh 161) for fluff reasons. Apparently wings were also discussed in this thread here https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=3297.30

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-11-18/1521:12> »
The HOT DROP RAPID-EGRESS JETPACK SYSTEM from Street Lethal can be equipped with a secondary propulsion system to make it actually flight capable (no need to thank me S-K), making it a fully capable one man flight system.

You could fluff that as a wing suite like the Vulture's from Spiderman Homecoming
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex