NEWS

[SR5] Platelet Factories; useful or not?

• 19 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #15 on: <10-01-13/2315:11> »
I agree in that platelets are indeed less useful for high armored personnel. But its worth to remember that certain spells and poisons will be able to deal physical damage while ignoring the armour value. (and the GM might be more inclined to hit you with those effects if he cant challenge you with bullets).

Nothing says "I love you!" like a hug from Flamey the Fire elemental spirit that the GM summons to deal with the "I AM IMMUNE TO DAMAGE!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!" characters some players come up with :D
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Godwyn

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <12-22-13/0353:02> »
A recent thought I had on the platelet factories that makes them useful is a pain editor (or other stun damage ignoring method).  Although not available at chargen, if you can get your armor to the point where you practically take only stun, but do not fall unconscious when the stun track is full, the pain editor effectively negates 2 damage instead of 1, since the stun overflow into physical is at a 2 for 1 rate.

The other Bandit

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <12-22-13/0636:36> »
If that is the case it would be incredible! Does it really work that way?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #18 on: <12-22-13/0732:13> »
Sounds about right. If you'd take 2 Physical Damage from 4~5 Stun Overflow, you'd only take 1, since you take 2+ Physical so it gets reduced by 1. My Missions character is at max 22 Armor without even trying (FBA, Used OS4), so I already will rarely take Physical damage.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

The other Bandit

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <12-22-13/1158:35> »
Interesting... so my Tin Man character concept may still be valid in some points. Now he just needs a good stun track. I think in this edition the damage resilent partially cyborged character can be quite flavourfull.