NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings DUSK

• 445 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #165 on: <10-16-16/1324:21> »
OK.  I have gone to get the languages at R4 and have asked the vendor to find tablets and some better clothes.  I will see what the GM says is available and what it costs for those items.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #166 on: <10-16-16/1344:09> »
Linguasoft is software, but it requires direct neural interface, IOW just Snow can use one.  The rest of you are basically walking around with a translator book, though in electronic form.

If it just acts as an English-to-French/Yoruba dictionary is there a reason for the rest of us to buy it above R1?

She ponders for a moment on the wisdom of spending a bunch of nuyen on a language she will probably never use again, but then considers that the safety of the team may depend on at least one person knowing the languages sort of well.  She slots her credstick and is a bit surprised at the total on it, which makes her decision a bit easier.

Snow could make a case for having the purchase come out of the team fund.
« Last Edit: <10-16-16/1347:47> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #167 on: <10-16-16/1415:30> »
The stuff you guys could get would barely qualify as a rating one.  If you are really wanting something, there are Horizon TranslatoTabs that you can get, preloaded with several languages, but don't try to use them for more than basic phrases.  150 nuyen, mostly for the cheap electronics.

Linguasoft is software, but it requires direct neural interface, IOW just Snow can use one.  The rest of you are basically walking around with a translator book, though in electronic form.

If it just acts as an English-to-French/Yoruba dictionary is there a reason for the rest of us to buy it above R1?

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #168 on: <10-16-16/1500:02> »
If you are really wanting something, there are Horizon TranslatoTabs that you can get, preloaded with several languages, but don't try to use them for more than basic phrases.  150 nuyen, mostly for the cheap electronics.

Horizon, the Triple-A with the most sophisticated marketing department, decided on TranslatoTabs?  ???

Does this TranslatoTab also include profanity?

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #169 on: <10-16-16/1524:25> »
Does the quality of the software extend to what Snow downloads or is that actually a L4 program?

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #170 on: <10-16-16/1606:05> »
So, Sam's not really trying to achieve much of anything, other than to have fun setting up a con and perhaps convince Jane to trust his abilities to bend the truth about their group once they reach their target area. Of course, if people start paying extra attention to the mark, they'll be less likely to notice his group, which is also beneficial. He knows he has a limited amount of time to set up the con, and likely won't get to stick around for the end result, but it doesn't take much time to plant a rumor, either.

I'm going to assume a Con roll on getting the story to "stick". Any modifiers I should add/remove to the pool? Would Sam's new fast talk specialization kick in?

And just a refresher:
Quote from: SR4a p.130
If the character is attempting to influence a group of NPCs who have no designated leader, the Opposed Test applies to the whole group—use the highest dice pool available among the members of the group, then add +1 for each extra person (max +5). Groups tend to react as a whole, with reluctant members drawn along by enthusiastic ones. Alternatively, the gamemaster may appoint a leader or a “ringer in the crowd” and base the success or failure of the endeavor on that character’s reaction to the player character.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #171 on: <10-16-16/2357:48> »
BTW, how the heck did Clem get so much headware done and no datajack or image link?  Seems crazy.

What headware? She has earbuds and contacts but everything is connected to her commlink.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #172 on: <10-17-16/0734:17> »
Synaptic boosters and your perception booster have stuff involving your brain too.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #173 on: <10-17-16/0754:59> »
That is all bioware, Clem has no chrome, went with the story behind the character.

Edit: I would also say that the libguasoft should come out of the team fund. Necro will have to refresh my memory on the remaining funds, but if we put the 10% from our advances into it, it would add an extra ¥5,000 to it, which would leave everyone with ¥9,000 to spend.
« Last Edit: <10-17-16/0804:16> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #174 on: <10-17-16/1735:43> »
Team Fund was at 5,200¥. With the new deposit of 5,000¥, it now stands at 10,200¥

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #175 on: <10-17-16/2029:02> »

I'm going to assume a Con roll on getting the story to "stick". Any modifiers I should add/remove to the pool? Would Sam's new fast talk specialization kick in?

Base Con, fast talk is inappropriate.  Go ahead and make your base roll, I figure the bonuses and penalties cancel.
Does the quality of the software extend to what Snow downloads or is that actually a L4 program?

You got what you bought, rating 4.  Slotting them right away?

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #176 on: <10-17-16/2247:09> »
Using edge, because manipulating a group isn't easy, even for Sam. And yes, I'm willing to use a point of edge on this, even though it probably doesn't matter in the actual run. ;)

Skill[4] + CHA[6] + Kinesics[3] + Edge [4]: 17d6h5 8 (no glitch)

Hrm. Not as good as I'd hoped, but a lot better than the 3 I would've gotten without the edge. :P Should be enough to persuade some people, but not likely to launch this lady's career.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #177 on: <10-17-16/2337:23> »
Yes, putting the programs in the link right away.  I will even put them in use now so I can get some practice with the language.  I can move programs around as needed, right?  Storing the ones not in immediate use?

Did anyone else go with Snow to the shop?  I know Clem stayed with Jane and Sam is working his magic on the crowd, but I do not know about Con or Starlet.
« Last Edit: <10-17-16/2345:40> by Mercy Merchant »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #178 on: <10-18-16/0235:58> »
Yeah, Starlet would probably follow you, I'll write something to that effect.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #179 on: <10-18-16/0655:43> »
I think you are being a little hard on yourself.  Best value i can figure for the opposing roll is about 9 dice total.  I will have to roll it when I get home from work but I think it is safe to say you succeeded.   What kind ofvresult were you looking for?