NEWS

[Resource][Metamagic]Piercing

• 2 Replies

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« on: <09-01-12/2138:42> »
Piercing Metamagic:

Prerequisites: Masking, Advanced Masking. Assensing skill

Piercing Metamagic takes the metamagics of masking and studies them from the outside to find a way to improve the ability to pierce another person's masked aura. By taking an extended period of time a mage using piercing studies the mask of another being and attempts to unravel it and reveal its true nature.

Game mechanic: The mage uses assensing as an extended test to find out more about the targets aura. The mage is limited to a number of attempts equal to his initiate grade. For example a grade 3 initiate would get 3 assensing rolls as an extended test to try pierce the mask.

"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <09-02-12/0128:35> »
Instead of making three rolls, why not instead make it a +Initiate grade to pierce masking?
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-02-12/0751:43> »
I wanted it to be where an experienced mage with time could pierce another experienced mage's masked aura. Right now with the way masking works once someone with masking gets to initiate grade 3 or 4 it becomes impossible to see any real details about them through assensing. With piercing there now is a way to do that. The counter to help protect your aura further would be the layered masking that I have posted also.

Also I wanted it so a mage can still mask their aura in passing effectively, but given time there is a way to break down the fake and find out what is hiding underneath.
« Last Edit: <09-02-12/1123:55> by Walks Through Walls »
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls