NEWS

[Resource][Spell] Face Melter

• 2 Replies

Morg

« on: <05-25-12/2320:07> »
Quote from: Urban Dictionary
Face Melter: The effects of a heavy metal scream, so high pitched that your ear drums will explode and your eyes will liquify into nothing but white ooze.

Quote from: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Up to eleven" or "these go to eleven" is an idiom from popular culture, coined in the movie This Is Spinal Tap, which has come to refer to anything being exploited to its utmost abilities, or apparently exceeding them, such as a sound volume control. Similarly, the expression "turning it up to eleven" refers to the act of taking something to an extreme.

In the world of Shadowrun magic is as much shaped by tradition as it is by belief, One of my characters has been running with a home brew magic tradition called "METAL!". Naturally I started working on a way to incorporate this Theme in to my character in various ways when it came to spell selection I came up with the idea for this spell. I could use some help with rules interpretation on it

By RAW Sound Element spells only do Stun, so I added Blast to make it Physical. I know my mage is likely to bleed out of his ears after casting it, the DV+2 for the extra element can hurt, but sometimes it is worth doing something for the style as much as the effect, like adding Fire to Lightning to get Plasma.

Face Melter (Indirect, Elemental)
Type P Range: LOS Damage: P Duration: I DV: (F/2)+5
These Go to Eleven[(Indirect, Area, Elemental)
Type P Range: LOS(A) Damage: P Duration: I DV: (F/2)+7
     This Indirect Combat Spell combines two elemental effects - blast and sound -for a unique effect destructive resonance. Treat the damage as both Blast damage (more likely to knock things over; see p.164, Street Magic) and Sound damage (alternate damage resistance, causes nausea; see p. 165, Street Magic)
This damage is Physical, armor has no effect, but sound dampers and spells like Silence and Hush add their rating/hits to the defender's dice pool (effectively acting like sound armor)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <05-26-12/0942:09> »
Not bad. The massive drain definitely helps to keep it from being overpowered.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Morg

« Reply #2 on: <05-26-12/0944:42> »
After play testing this spell a little I have always received some damage from drain, but this spell became of particular use vs high armor vehicles. Most vehicles have no kind of sound dampers so it drops its resistance pool considerably