NEWS

[Resource][Weapon] Weapon Watchers Quarterly 2073 Issue 1

• 10 Replies

Crash_00

« on: <04-14-12/0752:02> »
Nitama Cyclone (Heavy Pistol)
The Cyclone is a large pistol that fires shotgun shells out of a mini-drum. Due to the size of the shell and layout of the pistol, the weapon has a very short barrel resulting in a wide spread  pattern that causes significant issues if the target is further than twenty yards away. Between  the bulk of the weapon, its restriction to shot shells, and its low range, there are few niches  were it is useful. Still, the weapon is intimidating and is often used by bouncers and bounty  hunters to intimidate the less fortunates on their bad side.
Special: +1 Conceal, Wide Spread Only, Flechette Only, Taser Ranges
Standard Mods: Custom Look 1
Damage          AP          Mode       RC       Ammo         Avail.       Cost
9P(f)               +5            SA            -             4(d)          14R        1200¥

Colt Master (Light Pistol)
The latest in automatic carry pistols that pack a heavy punch, the Colt Master is a six shot heavy pistol in a light pistol frame. The standard version is a cheap no frills package, but there are over two dozen models in production that include everything from internal laser sights to diamond grid plating.
Special: Uses Heavy Pistol Ammunition
5P                    -1           SA            -              6(c)           8R           500¥

Sig P485 (Heavy Pistol)
The latest in a long line of high quality reliable automatic pistols, the Sig P485 is used by UCAS Seal teams and many spec ops forces around the globe. It is reknown for being able to operate in just about any environment and its effective internal silencer. The Sig P485 is not available in caseless models.
Special: The P485 can chamber rounds even when underwater and is not damaged from use underwater. It still follows all other rules for underwater use of firearms.
Standard Mods: Extreme Environment 1, Internal Silencer
5P                    -1            SA           -            15(c)          10F          700¥

Ares Fang (Light Pistol)
The Fang is a new additon to the Ares slivergun line. It places the original viper design into a more compact frame. It includes all the normal features of the Viper to remain familiar to returning customers, but doesn't pack as much of a punch.
Special: Flechette Only
Standard Mods: Sound Suppressor
7P(f)                +5        SA/BF        -            18(c)          6R          450¥

CAG Commander (SMG)
The Commander is the flagship model for the new company. It doesn't pack the same punch as most SMGs, but it carries a very large clip and is cheaper than many heavy pistols. It comes with no standard modifications, but can accept more than most firearms on the market.
Special: The Commander has seven modification slots
4P                     -     SA/BF/FA      -            50(c)          3R          300¥

FN Praetor 2 (SMG)
A great improvement on the original, the Praetor 2 took the electronic firing design that was optional with the original, and made some great improvements. Keeping the intergrated stock and bullpup features, the Praetor 2 moves the feeding system on top of the stock, feeding the weapon through two horizontal magazines. The changes were able to be made without altering the base components of the chambering system (which provides 1 point of RC just as the original). The Praetor 2 also keeps the old model's integral flashlight (upgradeable to a low-light version +100¥) and has added a Foregrip to the frame. Unfortunately, all these tweaks to the design left the frame less accepting of after-market parts than the original version.
Special: The Praetor 2 only has 3 mod slots. The Praetor 2 cannot accept the Extended Clip modification. It may not accept underbarrel accessories.
Standard Mods: Additional Clip, Electronic Firing, Stock, Flashlight, Foregrip
5P                     -     SA/BF/FA    2(4)    50(c) x 2       15F          2,100¥

Yamaha Apple-Blossom Storm (Appuru Fubuki) (SMG)
In an attempt to garner more UCAS sells, Yamaha dropped the original name for a rough English translation in it's American ads. Literally an upscaled version of the popular Suburi Fubuki, the Apple-Blossom Storm has been a hit in the security field. Using their now patented Storm technology, the Apple-Blossom Storm stacks rounds in a line down its four barrels. The firing system creates less recoil than a traditional firearm and is easily handled by even the least trained security personel.
Special: The Apple-Blossom Storm may only fire narrow bursts. The first burst of a phase suffers no recoil modifier and each burst after only imposes a -1 modifier. Each barrel may load a different ammo type. The Apple-Blossom Storm may not accept barrel mounted accessories, gas vent modifications, or sound suppressor modifications. It may not accept firing mode modification.
Standard Mods: Integral Folding Stock
5P                     -         SA/BF        (1)     15(ml)x4      15R          3,000¥

Yamaha Black-Blossom Storm (Kuroi Fubuki) (Assault Rifle)
Developed and marketed beside the new Apple-Blossom Storm, the Black-Blossom Storm packs the technology into an Assault Rifle frame. Due to the nature of the weapon, it is much smaller than most assault rifles, allowing forces to carry it and appear less hostile to the casual observer. It has gained a huge reputation in private security and is picking up a certain following in the shadows as well. Just like the other weapons in the line, the Black-Blossom Storm stacks rounds in a line down it's four barrels and fires them with much less recoil than a traditional automatic weapon.
Special: The Black-Blossom Storm may only fire narrow bursts. The first three rounds fired in a phase incurr no recoil penalties. Every three additional rounds only inccure a -1 penalty (rounded up). Each barrel may load a different ammo type. The Black-Blossom Storm may not accept barrel mounted accessories, gas vent modifications, or sound suppressor modifications. The Black-Blossom Storm uses the SMG conceal rating.
Standard Mods: Shockpad, High Velocity
5P                    -     SA/BF/FA     (1)     21(ml)x4      18R        4,000¥

Ares Basic (Assault Rifle)
The classic Ares Alpha stripped down to the basics. It still uses he special chambering design that is fundamental to it's design, but it no longer includes the integral smartlink or grenade launcher of the old favorite.
6P                     -1      SA/BF/FA     2           42(c)       10R          1,100¥

Colt Bounty (Assault Rifle)
Designed by Colt to be rough, tough, and takes whatever abuse gets thrown it's way, the Colt Bounty is considered to be nearly as durable as the ancient AK-47. Rather than attempting a state of the art design, Colt went out of their way to make the Bounty as adaptable as possible, ready to take any accessories or modification needed.
Standard Modifications: Bayonet Mount, Device Mount, Melee Hardening
Special: The Colt Bounty has seven modification slots. The Colt Bounty gains two dice for any tests to check against damage or abuse.
6P                    -1   SA/BF/FA       -            38(c)        8R           1,100¥

West Arms Patterson '73 (Sport Rifle)
The first model by a new company out of the CAS; the Patterson '73 tries to convert that good ole' western feel into one helluva modern bang. The Patterson '73 is a revolving rifle that fires modern Sport Rifle rounds.
Special: The Patterson '73 cannot make use of the Increased Cylinder modification.
8P                    -1           SS           (1)            7(cy)      12R          3,000¥

West Arms LeMatt '73 (Light Pistol)
Released just after the Patterson '73, the LeMatt '73 brings the old western revolver into the modern era. The revolver is larger than normal light pistols, and has a secondary barrel the holds a single shotgun shell. Unlike the original, the LeMatt '73 uses caseless design and electronic firing to keep the weight down. The hammer is a cosmetic choice, but can be turned on or off.
Standard Mods: Custom Look 1, Electronic Firing
Special: Switching between the two barrels requires a Simple Action (Free Action with a Smartlink).
4P                     -           SA             -            9(cy)         12R         1,600¥
7P                    -1           SS             -            1(b)             

Ares Stalker (Sport Rifle)
The stalker is the newest addition to Ares Arms personal weapons line. Designed to offer an affordable and reliable weapon for hunters around the world, everyone can now rely on the Ares name. The Stalker comes in a nearly endless variety of colors and housings. Buyers can add the following options at the time of purchase with no modification to the availability (Cutom Look 1 or Camouflage Ghillie Shroud for 100¥).
Standard Mods: Shockpad
7P                    -1           SA           (1)           8(c)          8R            1,000¥

Ares Stalker S (Battle Rifle)
A simple modification to the popular Stalker, the Stalker S has redesigned the weapon for use as a Designated Marksman Rifle to be used by mobile sniper teams. Traditional Sniper Rifles proved too delicate for the harshness of many field situations. Just like the normal Stalker, the Stalker S is able to be purchased with the following additions at no modifier to the availability (Custom Look 1 or Camouflage Ghillie Shroud for 100¥).
Standard Mods: Shockpad, Imaging Scope, Bipod
7P                    -1         SA/BF     2(3)        36(c)         15R          3,400¥

Ares MPSW H-80
(HMG)
The newest in military weaponry, the MPSW H-80 is a support weapon designed for use by Trolls. The system implements a Gyromounted High Velocity Heavy Machinegun fed by an attached backpack feeding system. The backpack feed can hold upt to 400 belted rounds and consists of four chutes to separate ammunition types.
Standard Mods: Gas Vent III, Gyromount, Electronic Firing, Smartlink, Backpack Feed.
Special: The H-80 cannot take the Extended Clip modification. The H-80 cannot accept any recoil compensation modifications. Swithcing ammunition types requires a Simple Action (Free Action with Smartlink). The H-80 may only fire full bursts. The weight of the H-80 and its ammo system cause one point of unresisted stun damage per hour for every point the character's combined Bod and Str are below 16.
7P                    -3           FA            9   Backpack*     24F         11,000¥

Herrington LSAW (MMG)
Designed by relatively newcomer to the arms race, Herrington Armaments, the LSAW is a Light Squad Assault Weapon designed for urban combat. It manages to pack the power of an MMG into a frame only slightly larger than an assualt rifle. Fed by a sixty round drum, the entire package packs a formidable punch while maintaining its compact profile. Its standard modifications leave a little to be desired, but it's considered to be a great weapon for security forces around the world.
Standard Mods: Electrical Firing, Foregrip, Shockpad, Barrel Reduction
Special: The LSAW uses the Assault Rifles concealability ratings.
6P                    -2        BF/FA       1(3)            60(c)         18F         6,000¥

CAG Coverfire X (SMG)
A new improvement to the aging Coverfire design, the Coverfire X fires sub-holdout munitions at high velocity rates. Rather than attempting to damage targets, the Coverfire X is designed for effective cover fire. The ammunition is sold in large clips available for 150¥ with the standard availability.
The weapon has been banned in many states around the world due to a lack of respect for the power it does have. Many users will "terrorize" with it in ways that they would never dream of with traditional firearms, causing much more damage to unarmored civilians.
Standard Mods: Gas Vent III, High Velocity, Electrical Firing
Special: The coverfire can only fire wide bursts. Suppressive fire from this weapon increases composure checks by a threshold of two.
3P                     -          BF/FA        4         75(c)          14F          2,500¥

AK Vipera (SMG)
Often overlooked due to the more common AK-97 carbine, the Vipera has the same AK reputation for ruggedness, but uses a helical clip that holds much more ammunition than the standard AK carbine.
Standard Mods: Folding Stock
Special: The Vipera cannot take the extended clip modification.
5P                     -       SA/BF/FA   (1)         60(c)          10R            700¥

Ares Hornet Nest Slivergun (Assault Rifle)
The Hornet Nest Slivergun is and advancement of  the old Ares Viper Slivergun. Taking the same design, the Hornet Nest shaves slivers off of a metal block and fires them at higher velocities than the Viper manages. It keeps the same firing mechansism and layout as the Viper to remain familiar to old users.
Standard Mods: Sound Supressor
Special: The Honet Nest fires special slivers that are treated as flechette ammunition (already factored into the weapons damage code).
9P(f)                +5    SA/BF/FA   2(4)        60(c)         12R          1,600¥

Ruger Thunderhawk X (Heavy Pistol)
The Thunderhawk X is designed to be the most devastating revolver on the market. Some weapons have surpassed the Thunderhawk X's potential through extreme modification, but usually have heavy recoil as a drawback. It's lack of ammunition and high cost make it an unlikely choice for every day combatants.
Standard Mods: Melee Hardening
Special: The Thunderhawk cannot accept High Power Chambering, Increased Cylinder, or Firing Mode modifications. The Thunderhawk cuases one point of unresisted stun damage for each point the user's strength is below 9.
7P                    -3         SS              -            4(cy)          14R          2,500¥

Ares Shieldbreaker (Shotgun)
The Shieldbreaker is the newest Shotgun on the market and supplements Knight Errant police forces in their new contracts. The weapon uses a special chambering system similar to that of the Ares Alpha and loads rounds from either a tube magazine or a drum. The double loading system allows the firearm to load two types of ammunition for tactical situations.
Standard Mods: Shockpad, Foregrip
Special: Switching between the tube magazine and drum requires a Simple Action (Free Action with Smartlink). If the drum is detached from the weapon, or empty, it automatically switches to the tube magazine.
7P                    -1        SA/BF       2(4)    8(m)+24(d)   15R          1,500¥

A few things I worked up while watching some Flashpoint today. Feel free to add comments, criticisms, or shadowtalk (I'll try to edit it into the main post if you put some in). I didn't use any rules for the weapon construction, I just attempted to gut check it.
« Last Edit: <04-15-12/1113:31> by Crash_00 »

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #1 on: <04-14-12/0857:22> »
I might suggest giving the Black-Blossom Storm the High-Velocity mod, just so that the bursts come out to an even multiple of 3 (i.e. 12 vs 10).

Otherwise, awesome stuff.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

The Big Peat

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-14-12/0905:22> »
LIKE!

Couple of quick thoughts/nitpicks -

As Assault Rifles normally do -1 to armour, wouldn't the Slivergun be AP + 4?

I always thought the Yamaha Fubuki range relied on all four barrels going more or less one after the other for its speed, and therefore any upgrades wouldn't fire much quicker unless more barrels were added (i.e. short bursts only), and would make mix n' matching ammo a tricky proposition? Maybe I'm just exposing my pig ignorance on guns here, but it seems to me that restricting them to short bursts is in line with the weapon, and mix n' match ammo a short line to a headache.

I'm not sure the Colt Bounty is 14F good. Similarly, I thought the chambering in the Ares line was what made it F, which would suggest the Ares Basic should be F - to me at least.

But those tiny things aside - great work man!

p.s. Since JAD ninjaed me, the High Velocity option does seem a natural for the Black-Blossom.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-14-12/0922:48> »
As Assault Rifles normally do -1 to armour, wouldn't the Slivergun be AP + 4?

*snip*

Similarly, I thought the chambering in the Ares line was what made it F, which would suggest the Ares Basic should be F - to me at least.

Heavy Pistols (like the original Ares "Viper" it's based off of) also have a base AP of -1. Pre-errata, the Ares Viper had an AP of +2, which was later raised to +5 along with all the other Flechette Only weapons... personally, I think it was a rather silly change since the ammo only "counts as" flechettes, but c'est la vie. It's worth putting up with the positive AP if only for having a Suppressed weapon with an "R" availability code, since the +2 DV pretty much balances it out the +5 AP to about the same as a standard gun of that class... and if your GM says it can worth with AP Flechettes, then you end up with one beast of a gun for a measly 20% range penalty, which can be offset by an Extended Barrel mod.

As for the Ares basic... I was under the impression it was more because of the underbarrel Grenade Launcher. I could be wrong, though.

Also, Crash, any chance I'll be able to use these at our table? ;)
« Last Edit: <04-14-12/0926:08> by JustADude »
― Albert Einstein

― Me

The Big Peat

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-14-12/0936:35> »
I stand corrected on the slivers issue and don't get me wrong; I have much love for the Viper and all things based off it.

As for the Ares Basic - I've seen that said as well, but the Colt M22A3 has a grenade launcher and is only restricted (unless they've errata'ed) that, so I tend to assume not.

I think I might use some of these guns to terrify my players with tomorrow.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-14-12/0939:42> »
As for the Ares Basic - I've seen that said as well, but the Colt M22A3 has a grenade launcher and is only restricted (unless they've errata'ed) that, so I tend to assume not.

I was pretty sure the Ares Sierra from War! (the one with the Stun Baton) had an "R" avilability, but a quick check says it's "F" like the Bravo and Alpha.

So, yeah, you're probably right about it being the Recoil Comp, since there are R-Code guns with Smartlinks.
― Albert Einstein

― Me

Crash_00

« Reply #6 on: <04-14-12/1053:03> »
Thanks for the input. I was worried the HV would make the Black-Blossom too good, but it would probably be better to include it for simplicity.

I've always assumed the Colt M22A2 was meant to be F since every other weapon I know of with an underbarrel weapon is F (especially since all grenade launchers are F), so I used that as my basis of giving the Ares Basic. 

Definitely botched the Bounty though, my notes have it as 8R so I don't really know how that happened  ::) , I'll just blame the editor (pretends he has an editor and whistles).

I actually haven't studied the metal storm tech at all, but I thought it fired the bullets in a line out the barrel (and used four barrels for more rounds since they're a pain to reload). If it's the other way I guess I'll need to fix those, or just drop the multiple ammo for simplicity if it seems like a big headache. I was most worried about if it seemed like they're was too much ammo in them (60 and 84).

Like JAD pointed out, I used the standard for flechette damage codes rather than what it should be to stay consistent with what's already in play. Looking it over, almost every example of a flechette weapon replaces the AP with +5 instead of modifying it (Heavy Pistols, Shotguns, etc.). Since the Viper did this, I just ran with that since it's the big daddy version of the Viper.

Also, Crash, any chance I'll be able to use these at our table?
I'll talk to everyone and see what they think.

And if you think of anything else let me know. Now, I'm off to work on issue two.

A few new arrivals (I was going to place them in the first post but it exceeded the max length). Some of them are a little more controversial, so I definitely would like to hear feedback on them.

Hardliner Impact (Holdout Pistol)
The Hardliner Impact is a special glove that houses a houldout pistol on the back of the hand. When the user punches a target, the pistol triggers and fire a flechette round. The weapon is available in a variety of fashion styles that disguise the pistol as emblems or jewelry.
Special: Conceal Rating -2, Flechette Only, The Impact uses Unarmed Combat to attack.
Damage       AP       Mode       RC       Ammo       Avail.       Cost
6P(f)               +5            SS            -             2(m)          12R        800¥

Sig Sauer P325 (Holdout Pistol)
The P325 is designed to be a very reliable and deadly pocket pistol. Rather than sacrificing size and damage potential, it sacrifices ammo capacity and range. Few are willing to deal with the low ammo count, but those who do find it to be a very considerable upgrade to standard holdout ammunition. Longer clips are available, but the weapon uses Light Pistol concealability ratings when using them.
Special: Uses Heavy Pistol Rounds. May not take the Extended Clip Modification.
Standard Mods: Barrel Reduction
5P               -1           SA           -             3(c)/7(c)*          10R        1,000¥
*see text

Kingdom Arms Deception (Light Pistol)
A unique pistol from the European company Kingdom Arms (a newly acquired subsidiary of Saeder Krupp), the Deception is designed to be used on it's own, or fit into several larger frames that take the appearance of more legal pistols. It is already making headway in UCAS and many undercover operatives have found great uses for it. Unique frames are available for 300¥ at the same availability as the Deception. Currently available frames are available to appear as:  Ares Predator IV, Browning Ultra-Power, Colt Government 2066, Colt Manhunter, and Walther Secura. Each frame also has a feature allowing the weapon to emit an appropriate firing sound when the silencer is disabled. Noticing that the weapon is not what it seems when cased requires careful examination and an Intuition + Perception (5) or Logic + Armorer (2) test.
Special: The internal silencer provides a -8 for shot to be heard. This stacks with the standard for the elctronic firing modification.
Standard Mods: Electronic Firing, Internal Silencer, Smartlink
4P               -           SA           -             15(c)          15F        3,000¥

CAG Eradicator (Heavy Pistol)
From CAG comes the newest innovation in heavy pistols. The Eradicator uses the new CAG .545 caliber and is designed to give as much bang as possible to the user while still allowing for a reasonable clip size and manageable recoil. The Eradicator is only available in caseless models, and its ammunition must be bought specially. Ammunition is available in three types: Regular (40¥/10 rounds), APDS (100¥/10 rounds) and EX-Explosive (150¥/ 10 rounds). The availabilities are the same as normal ammunition of that type.
Special: Special Ammunition*, The Eradicator may not accept any modifications. Perception tests to see/hear the Eradicator fire are at a +2 modifier, the Eradicator cannot accept silencers.
Standard Mods: Barrel Extension, Extended Clip, Compensator
6P               -1           SA           1             13(c)         14R        1,800¥

CAG Eliminator (SMG)
Released in the same caliber as the Eradicator, the Eliminator works on the same design, and is an attempt to bring more power into the SMG class of weapons. It only fires special ammunition (types and prices are the same as those available to the Eradicator) and is only available in caseless models.
Special: Special Ammunition*, The Eliminator may not accept any modifications. Perception tests to see/hear the Eliminator fire are at a +2 modifier, the Eliminator cannot accept sound supressors.
Standard Mods: Barrel Extension, Extended Clip: Drum, Gas Vent III
6P               -           SA/BF/FA           3             40(d)        15R        2,400¥

Colt Falcon (Sport Rifle)
Trying to compete with Ares, Colt has released a rifle with an aim to market itself to hunters around the world. The  Colt Falcon is a personal equivalent to their reliable and famous Bounty. While not quite as popular as the Bounty, the Falcon can still be found by those with brand loyalty and is very popular in the NAN territories. It comes with a blue steel barrel, cherry wood stock and an electronic scope as standard options. Many buyers choose to pick up a few extras, Low-light and Vision Enhancement are available for the scope for the standard prices with no increase to the weapons availability.
Special: The Colt Falcon has seven modification slots. The Colt Falcon gains two dice for any tests to check against damage or abuse.
Standard Mods: Custom Look 1, Imaging Scope, Sling
7P               -1           SA           1             7(c)         8R        1,100¥
« Last Edit: <04-14-12/1322:40> by Crash_00 »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #7 on: <04-14-12/1845:42> »
Oooh. I love the new Fubukis! Always nice to see new models of your favorite gun.

Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

The Big Peat

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <04-14-12/2037:23> »
Thanks for the input. I was worried the HV would make the Black-Blossom too good, but it would probably be better to include it for simplicity.

Correct me if wrong,  but aren't a lot of the HV weapons at a lower damage code than usual for their category? Including that should equalise things.

I've always assumed the Colt M22A2 was meant to be F since every other weapon I know of with an underbarrel weapon is F (especially since all grenade launchers are F), so I used that as my basis of giving the Ares Basic. 

That would make sense, but it can be a bit random; hard to see why the HK in Arsenal is F... I'd err on the side of caution me.

I actually haven't studied the metal storm tech at all, but I thought it fired the bullets in a line out the barrel (and used four barrels for more rounds since they're a pain to reload). If it's the other way I guess I'll need to fix those, or just drop the multiple ammo for simplicity if it seems like a big headache. I was most worried about if it seemed like they're was too much ammo in them (60 and 84).

It is an advantage, but it is a consistent one across the line, and its not like you can't get some way high ammo capacities if you so wish.

A few new arrivals (I was going to place them in the first post but it exceeded the max length). Some of them are a little more controversial, so I definitely would like to hear feedback on them.

Hardliner Impact (Holdout Pistol)
The Hardliner Impact is a special glove that houses a houldout pistol on the back of the hand. When the user punches a target, the pistol triggers and fire a flechette round. The weapon is available in a variety of fashion styles that disguise the pistol as emblems or jewelry.
Special: Conceal Rating -2, Flechette Only, The Impact uses Unarmed Combat to attack.
6P(f)               +5            SS            -             2(m)          12R        800¥

Cool. Interesting. Not greatly overpowered if at all, and if it is, so's the Shock glove. What happens when you hit someone with the glove when you're out of ammo? I presume it's just a standard hardliner glover, but best to make it explicit. Does Personalised Grip work on it as a melee weapon or as a firearm?

Sig Sauer P325 (Holdout Pistol)
The P325 is designed to be a very reliable and deadly pocket pistol. Rather than sacrificing size and damage potential, it sacrifices ammo capacity and range. Few are willing to deal with the low ammo count, but those who do find it to be a very considerable upgrade to standard holdout ammunition. Longer clips are available, but the weapon uses Light Pistol concealability ratings when using them.
Special: Uses Heavy Pistol Rounds. May not take the Extended Clip Modification.
Standard Mods: Barrel Reduction
5P               -1           SA           -             3(c)/7(c)*          10R        1,000¥
*see text[/quote]

Pretty powerful. Possibly overpowered. It's not like 3 shots is wildly worse than the 4 or 5 most holdouts get. Nor is range reduction a massive issue most of the time you're using a holdout, as far as I can see. My mind's not set, but this does to me seem the new undisputed kingpin of the class and no mistake, and as such probably too powerful.

Kingdom Arms Deception (Light Pistol)
A unique pistol from the European company Kingdom Arms (a newly acquired subsidiary of Saeder Krupp), the Deception is designed to be used on it's own, or fit into several larger frames that take the appearance of more legal pistols. It is already making headway in UCAS and many undercover operatives have found great uses for it. Unique frames are available for 300¥ at the same availability as the Deception. Currently available frames are available to appear as:  Ares Predator IV, Browning Ultra-Power, Colt Government 2066, Colt Manhunter, and Walther Secura. Each frame also has a feature allowing the weapon to emit an appropriate firing sound when the silencer is disabled. Noticing that the weapon is not what it seems when cased requires careful examination and an Intuition + Perception (5) or Logic + Armorer (2) test.
Special: The internal silencer provides a -8 for shot to be heard. This stacks with the standard for the elctronic firing modification.
Standard Mods: Electronic Firing, Internal Silencer, Smartlink
4P               -           SA           -             15(c)          15F        3,000¥

I really like the idea, and it doesn't seem that overpowered. It's an obvious step-up, but you're paying a lot and going illegal for a tiny plus bonus over the Light Fire and the ability to hide your utterly illegal weapon as an easier to find semi-legal weapon, so I'm cool with it I think.

CAG Eradicator (Heavy Pistol)
From CAG comes the newest innovation in heavy pistols. The Eradicator uses the new CAG .545 caliber and is designed to give as much bang as possible to the user while still allowing for a reasonable clip size and manageable recoil. The Eradicator is only available in caseless models, and its ammunition must be bought specially. Ammunition is available in three types: Regular (40¥/10 rounds), APDS (100¥/10 rounds) and EX-Explosive (150¥/ 10 rounds). The availabilities are the same as normal ammunition of that type.
Special: Special Ammunition*, The Eradicator may not accept any modifications. Perception tests to see/hear the Eradicator fire are at a +2 modifier, the Eradicator cannot accept silencers.
Standard Mods: Barrel Extension, Extended Clip, Compensator
6P               -1           SA           1             13(c)         14R        1,800¥

Whee. Another new kingpin. Ok, not as versatile, but a step up for killing people. I'm dubious about this, and would probably increase the availability threshold for ammo. I am changing my mind every 90 seconds or so on whether its lack of versatility is a compensation for its obvious advantage in certain situations. I think the fact it can't be modded means I think it is a fair swap, but I'm really not sure. All comments apply to its brother.

Colt Falcon (Sport Rifle)
Trying to compete with Ares, Colt has released a rifle with an aim to market itself to hunters around the world. The  Colt Falcon is a personal equivalent to their reliable and famous Bounty. While not quite as popular as the Bounty, the Falcon can still be found by those with brand loyalty and is very popular in the NAN territories. It comes with a blue steel barrel, cherry wood stock and an electronic scope as standard options. Many buyers choose to pick up a few extras, Low-light and Vision Enhancement are available for the scope for the standard prices with no increase to the weapons availability.
Special: The Colt Falcon has seven modification slots. The Colt Falcon gains two dice for any tests to check against damage or abuse.
Standard Mods: Custom Look 1, Imaging Scope, Sling
7P               -1           SA           1             7(c)         8R        1,100¥
[/quote]

Can't see anyone having an issue with that.

Crash_00

« Reply #9 on: <04-16-12/1050:53> »
Correct me if wrong,  but aren't a lot of the HV weapons at a lower damage code than usual for their category? Including that should equalise things.
Thanks, I forgot about that. I'd just been looking at the mod rules (which really don't fit the standard at all when compared to the weapons made to be HV). I think the only one that doesn't have it's DV dropped is the BR.
That would make sense, but it can be a bit random; hard to see why the HK in Arsenal is F... I'd err on the side of caution me.
I'm still chewing on it. I don't think any of the RC accessories are F (not even gyromounts). I really wish they would give us some guidelines they use in design for legality, but that's pretty much a pipedream.
Cool. Interesting. Not greatly overpowered if at all, and if it is, so's the Shock glove. What happens when you hit someone with the glove when you're out of ammo? I presume it's just a standard hardliner glover, but best to make it explicit. Does Personalised Grip work on it as a melee weapon or as a firearm?
As a firearm (it's classified as a firearm). So if you mod it to fire twice, you could technically Personalized Grip and hit two guys with no penalties (or just dual wield them without recoil crossing over). In hind sight I guess I need to toss Melee Hardening on them too. Whoopsie. I think I'll have them treated as hardliners unloaded.

Pretty powerful. Possibly overpowered. It's not like 3 shots is wildly worse than the 4 or 5 most holdouts get. Nor is range reduction a massive issue most of the time you're using a holdout, as far as I can see. My mind's not set, but this does to me seem the new undisputed kingpin of the class and no mistake, and as such probably too powerful.
Do you think dropping the AP would help balance it out (I meant to to follow the precendent of the Multi-6). I'm also considering making it unavailable in Plasteel variants, since it was one of the big things I looked at. Most of the holdouts are either considered Fashionable and almost overlooked or extremely hard to detect MAD resistant/look like part of the hand.

Whee. Another new kingpin. Ok, not as versatile, but a step up for killing people. I'm dubious about this, and would probably increase the availability threshold for ammo. I am changing my mind every 90 seconds or so on whether its lack of versatility is a compensation for its obvious advantage in certain situations. I think the fact it can't be modded means I think it is a fair swap, but I'm really not sure. All comments apply to its brother.
One of the big reasons I was waiting on it, because I felt the same way initially. Do you feel that changing ammo options to: Regular, APDS, Flechette would make it a little more in line?

The not being moddable is a big deal, but the other is also that it is a very very noticeable gun when it goes off, and there is no way to make it unnoticeable. I was tempted to make it a +4 instead of +2, basically a wake up the entire building at the very least, possibly the block. Similar to walking outside and firing off a .44 Mag. Only the deaf are going to miss it, and that muzzle flash just seemed like daylight.
Can't see anyone having an issue with that.
The hardest part was the price. Not sure if I got it right, but I think it should be in the ballpark.

The Big Peat

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <04-20-12/1241:39> »

As a firearm (it's classified as a firearm). So if you mod it to fire twice, you could technically Personalized Grip and hit two guys with no penalties (or just dual wield them without recoil crossing over). In hind sight I guess I need to toss Melee Hardening on them too. Whoopsie. I think I'll have them treated as hardliners unloaded.

Melee Hardening would be a pretty integral mod in hindsight, yes...

Do you think dropping the AP would help balance it out (I meant to to follow the precendent of the Multi-6). I'm also considering making it unavailable in Plasteel variants, since it was one of the big things I looked at. Most of the holdouts are either considered Fashionable and almost overlooked or extremely hard to detect MAD resistant/look like part of the hand.

Dropping the AP I don't think would. No plasteel might - generally, if you've got a holdout, you want to sneak it everywhere; if you just want to murderise people, you have a Heavy Pistol. So I can see that. I might consider reducing the ammo loadout even further personally; would make it a very risky, specialist weapon, but equally unrivalled at what it does well.

One of the big reasons I was waiting on it, because I felt the same way initially. Do you feel that changing ammo options to: Regular, APDS, Flechette would make it a little more in line?

The not being moddable is a big deal, but the other is also that it is a very very noticeable gun when it goes off, and there is no way to make it unnoticeable. I was tempted to make it a +4 instead of +2, basically a wake up the entire building at the very least, possibly the block. Similar to walking outside and firing off a .44 Mag. Only the deaf are going to miss it, and that muzzle flash just seemed like daylight.

Quite possibly, what with Ex-ex being the ammo of choice. And you're right about the amount of attention it attracts being a big thing, providing GMs are on top of that. Ultimately, it boils down to whether being the lord god and master of open murderisation is acceptable if its bloody useless for everything else... and I'm still unsure. I suppose the fact that if such is your aim you're using something bigger helps...