NEWS

Kill Code Errata

• 37 Replies

忍

« Reply #15 on: <09-15-18/0102:45> »
What rating autosoft does a TM get with the Resonance program Echo? (In regards to the machinists daemon)

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #16 on: <09-15-18/0324:32> »
Equal to submersion grade or logic?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

HP15BS

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <09-15-18/1104:46> »
Both of those can go above 6.  Autosofts do not.

Besides, if it was submersion grade, then imagine how crappy it would be to spend 20 karma on a stream, and another however much on a couple of submersions in order to actually use that stream, and then only get R3 or so autosofts out of them for however long....
« Last Edit: <09-15-18/1427:42> by HP15BS »
To Deckers the Foundation really is a crazy place from Alice in Wonderland. How does that stuff just happen? How do they work when everything about them defies logic?
Then a Techno comes, high 5's Caterpillar, takes a swig of Mad Hatter's tea, & wanders away chatting up White Rabbit.
- Marcus Gideon

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-15-18/1615:26> »
Datajack Plus questions

#1 - The Datajack Plus states in the Rules text that it can be "connected to a commlink or cyberdeck".  Can the Datajack Plus be connected to an Remote Control Console?  An RCC "can act like a commlink and has all the features of a commlink", so it seems like RAI supports this, and RAW can be argued as well.

#2 - Can a character benefit from more than one Datajack Plus at a time?  RAW would indicate yes (although each one is a separate connected device).  This could make a decker's available programs effectively unlimited - 4 alphaware Datajack Plus at Rating 3 could run 12 Common and Hacking programs for 0.5 essence and 42,000 nuyen...in addition to giving 4 points of noise reduction.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <09-15-18/1645:09> »
You would only be able to use the programs running on your persona's device?
You can only form your persona on one device at a time.
The action economy to switch the devices would probably outweigh the unbalance of many datajack pluses.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-15-18/1652:46> »
But you don't run your persona on your data jack. If what you say would be true, data jack plus wouldn't work at all.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <09-15-18/1947:26> »
He said each data jack plus running with a separate connected device. That's the limiter, isn't it?

Datajack plus says it treats the device connected to it as running the program. But even if you multiple connected to different devices, you don't share those programs across devices so...

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-15-18/2034:20> »
Then I'll throw it out there:

• Can you use more than one Datajack Plus with the same device?

Off hand, I would say "no."

But if Antenna Earware stacks with Datajacks for Noise Reduction, that would suggest that "yes" you can use multiple signal transfer devices with the same Persona Device.
Combine with the fact that you don't require a DNI to form a Persona, and I think the rules support the idea.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #23 on: <09-15-18/2044:47> »
Datajacks stack for noise reduction so why not programs too? Essence has been paid
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #24 on: <09-15-18/2329:50> »
So long as your living persona has the ability to connect with a device I don't see any reason it shouldn't work.
From a balance stand point your taking a meaningful hit to have access to a datajack plus, no reason it shouldn't do something for you.
« Last Edit: <09-16-18/1143:32> by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #25 on: <09-16-18/0436:26> »
Datajacks stack for noise reduction so why not programs too? Essence has been paid
Don't get me started on that insanity. -_-
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <09-16-18/0530:50> »
Don't get me started on that insanity. -_-

Makes perfect sense, doesn´t it. I also just installed a 2 additional wheels in my car, which is now 50% faster.
Still surprised why this madness is still RAI ::)

(And why I still haven´t seen decker builds with >2 Datajacks. It´s almost as if the players have a better sense for what´s cheesy than the responsible freelancers  :P)

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <10-11-18/0423:14> »
I´m just putting this here: https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=28560.msg508519

Fundamental uncertainty over the way Hosts and WANs work. Probably fundamental enough that one of the Kill Code writers designed the rules for "Industry Hosts" around an incorrect(?) assumption about the Core Matrix rules.

Edit: Cleared. The corresponding passages in the Core Roles and/or in Kill Code could still use a clarifying sentence or two, though  ;)
« Last Edit: <10-11-18/1235:24> by Finstersang »

RiggerBob

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <10-18-18/2048:13> »
What is the (mechanical) idea behind Companion sprites?

Their basic function seems to be sitting beside you and waiting for a chance to prevent damage to you.

Problem is without cybercombat or hacking skill they don't have any active role in combat and without a reason to ever attack the sprite it's high firewall is wasted. Same for basically any other stat, because both powers don't involve any stat besides a required initiative score of at least 10 for Bodyguard (and beating a 10 with 4d6+2 for a level 1 sprite isn't that hard).

Additonally Shield is badly worded: the first sentence makes it sound like an automatic ability not needing a task spend (which i would assume to be unintentional), the second one ignores the possibility of more than one active companion sprite ("[...] they may redirect a single box of damage to (one of) their companion sprite(s)" seems like the better wording, unless of course stacking companions is intended. Which would be very overpowered...)

Either way, bottom line is: There is barely any reason to compile a companion sprite above level 1 because they basically only exist to be sacrificed. The only thing that matters is the number of tasks for shielding (unless automatic shielding is intended, then even these are completely optional).

So... let's compile, register and re- re- re- register a level 1 companion for the 9 tasks needed to take 8 points of fading (on a monitor of 9) to have 1 task left to throw them at an incoming attack. Sounds... very strange.

And speaking of strange... what's about their great form power? Is it intended to be more useful to your decker friend as it can't actually heal the technomancer but only other devices/personas? And did i miss any restriction on registering a compiled great form sprite? Would that cause x2 or x4 net hits fading? Not that is matters much in this case because again i get most bang for the buck out of a level 1 one. At least there is a bonus related to the sprite's level here, but that "low level/high number of tasks"-sprite still is the most beneficial one, being able to do all the things mentioned before and to sacrifice itself to heal some other persona/device completely and prevent all further damage for the combat turn.
« Last Edit: <10-18-18/2052:44> by RiggerBob »

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #29 on: <10-18-18/2053:43> »
what's the mechanical idea behind an ally spirit?
Keep in mind infinite sprite uses is really strong.
it can do all kinds of things for you.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking