NEWS

Dark Dungeons

• 85 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #45 on: <12-01-10/0941:46> »
Well, gaming prepared me to last 5 seconds at least. Guess who countered the first strike (though my elbow still hurts). :P
Heh. I can laugh now, and i did laugh back then, even if it hurt. I think i really entertained those policemen with that.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #46 on: <12-01-10/1646:23> »
This damn thread rekindled my obsession with Jack Chick and his insane little comics.  (Curse you, Doc Chaos.  Curse you!)  I'd almost forgotten just how out of touch, ill-informed, and flat out insane the man really is.  His "sources" for much of his information on RPGs, paganism, the occult, Catholicism, and Satanism are hilarious.  They're very often actual crazy people.  Amazing.

EDITS
Clarifications and fixes.
« Last Edit: <12-01-10/1651:17> by Dead Monky »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #47 on: <12-01-10/1736:08> »
Monky, now, i live in Poland. According to the statistics, over 95% people here is roman-catholic. That makes a lot of crazy people included. :D
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #48 on: <12-01-10/1745:01> »
I don't think Jack Chick would be very popular in Poland.  Hell, he isn't very popular here in the States.  Except as a target of satire and mockery, of course.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #49 on: <12-02-10/0412:59> »
(Curse you, Doc Chaos.  Curse you!)

Get in line, take a number, have a cookie ;D
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #50 on: <12-02-10/0805:14> »
Monkey, we have people worse than chick. I could give you some links to sites (more than a few) that depict RPG's and general gaming culture as evil satanist cults. :P

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #51 on: <12-02-10/0839:39> »
(Curse you, Doc Chaos.  Curse you!)

Get in line, take a number, have a cookie ;D

I only work for Chocolate chip...and it better be fresh and soft, none of this hard as a hockey puck crud! Oatmeal Raisen is an acceptable alternative, but try and slide me some Peanut Butter...I've killed men for less.

;D
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #52 on: <12-02-10/0845:27> »
I don't handle that, sorry. I had to outsource line management a while ago when it got to crowded, took up all my time just to get that organized.

But I'll put in a good word for you :)

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #53 on: <12-03-10/1833:41> »
Monkey, we have people worse than chick. I could give you some links to sites (more than a few) that depict RPG's and general gaming culture as evil satanist cults. :P
Chick isn't the worst here either, Kot.  Just the most famous.  Some of those nutbags think just reading, or even opening or holding, the books opens doors to Satanism, demonic possession, and worse.  Thankfully, they're mostly marginalized crazies that are largely ignored.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #54 on: <12-08-10/0940:05> »
We have several "devout Christians" at my work. My two favorites are "Tom" & "Dave".

Dave, is to me the pinicle of what a Christian should be. He teaches the way by example. He his cheritable, kind, non judgemental. He truly cares for his fellow man and preys for them when they are down and helps with words of support and acts of kindness. I respect Dave emensely.

Tom, on the other hand, I had challenged once to not speak to me if he was going to quote scripture. He didn't speak to me for a week. He says it's his mission to save my soul. I asked him, "Isn't that God's job? What if his job for me is to save YOUR soul" on one occasion he was telling me of a relative who moved out of his parents home, and wished him to have good Christian neighbors. I aske "how about me?" He answered, "Well your wife is Christian"... "No Me not my wife." "But she is an extention of you." "Boy niice to see how you've judged me." I have councelled (very painfully when they throw you accross a room I might add) drug addicts to clean up and finish their educations, I have aided homeless "Biker Bitches" by giving them a place to stay and only asked they help keep my place clean, I'm no saint ok but I have a charitable heart & a protective nature... My wife... not so much(not trying to put her down here ok  ;) ). But Tom didn't care she was a christian so she was better than me in his eyes!

The world needs More Dave's and less Tom's if you ask me.
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #55 on: <12-08-10/1009:08> »
/signed

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #57 on: <12-08-10/1245:39> »
That's pretty much like many people in the world.  They judge by label or "state of being" something instead of one's actions.  For them, what you are is more important than what you do.

These people support things like state-sponsored health care and nobility (kings and what-not) because obviously these higher-ups know better...just because.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #58 on: <12-08-10/2049:45> »
I tried to make a point about religion and faith, but found I could not do so without coming dangerously close to either breaking the rules or possibly bashing someones religion, even though I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to write a generaly-non offensive post.

But, I still feel compelled after Usda's post (great BTW) to say something because I also have had to deal with this not just in my professional life, but in my personal as well. Without going into details, I will simply say I will always trust in someone who has faith, as in TRUE faith, rather than someone who practices a religion.

I have seen faith keep people going when they have lost everything. I have seen faith literally save someone's life. I have seen people of TRUE faith do truely amazing things with nothing more than a few simple words. I have seen faith change a person for the better when everyone else has given up on them.

I have also seen the flip side, where dogma was more important than basic human decency. 'Nuff said about that because this was where I kept going into dangerous territory.

Point is, I would want a person with faith at my back every time other than someone who just gives lip service for means other than what faith is supposed to provide...

And to quote Forrest "That's all I have to say about that".
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #59 on: <12-08-10/2207:25> »
And I believe in Christmas!

Seriously, 17 days until Christmas and I get the job offer that gets me out of the cold, cold north and back to the lesser cold east.