NEWS

Armored Clothing Question

• 4 Replies

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« on: <02-16-17/2337:52> »
So, because reasons, I've decided that every bit of skin on my body must be covered in armor. I know it won't do anything for stacking, I just want to be completely impervious to blowguns. I'm saving up for guns and a very nice SWAT suit, so I need to cover up on the cheap. I've already got an armored jacket and a ballistic mask, and I know that I'm covered for footwear by those anti-snakebite socks from Run&Gun. I was also planning to pick up arm and leg kits of Securetech PPP, but I'm not sure they give me full coverage. So what I need to know is this: how much clothing does one purchase of armored clothing entail? Because as it stands I still need armored pants, armored gloves and either an armored hoodie or an armored balaclava.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #1 on: <02-17-17/0040:48> »
I know this isn't answering your question, but...  You're going about this the wrong way.

I'm confused on what you think you'd protect yourself from.  There's no blowdarts in the game.  Injection darts don't require uncovered skin--  They have to penetrate armor to deliver their load.  Contact vector toxins, and things like the Super Squirt, go through clothing.  Trying to wear a bunch of different armored bits will do absolutely nothing to protect you from these things.  Nothing at all.

What you want is a piece of armor you can apply the Chemical Seal mod to.  This means something like Full Body Armor, a Chameleon Suit...  Those are without a doubt compatible.  Things like Riot Gear or the Urban Explorer Jumpsuit could be applicable--  If your GM argues that they aren't built as one piece (or that having a helmet you can take off means it doesn't count) just refer them to Full Body Armor.  Cutting Aces also introduces a catsuit, if that's your style.

These things won't make you immune to toxin darts.  Nothing can.  But being able to use Chemical Seal can make contact and inhalation toxins hard to use against you, meaning it's basically just injections that can get you.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-17-17/0146:51> »
Page 26, Run & Gun.
Technically, for a chemical seal you need "full body armor that includes a helmet". Chameleon Suit may be considered to do that by a discerning GM, but otherwise you're looking at actual Full Body Armour, Urban Explorer, etc.

I'd suggest the Evo HEL Suit for full coverage.
The thin, tight-fitting, puncture- and-tear-resistant suit covers the whole body except the face, which can be protected by a hood

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #3 on: <02-17-17/0229:15> »
Oh, thank you.  What an oddly specific mechanic...

But yeah, my advice still stands.  It's easier to just find an armor that covers you fully.  Wear a catsuit under your armor jacket, and wear a helmet.  That should cover everything.  You can wear normal clothes over the catsuit as well so you don't look like a pervert in a jacket.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-19-17/0220:19> »
few options : Big game hunter (not sure if it comes with gloves) Biker Armor (just need a helmet) or Hazmat suit/dry suit (can be technically worn under any armor)
« Last Edit: <02-19-17/0224:19> by Rooks »