NEWS

Altarraum Dossier - Order of Free Drakes and Lord Quecksilber

• 47 Replies

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #30 on: <10-03-16/2224:45> »
Well if he weren't already married, I'd say Lord Quecksilber would be giving Damien Knight some competition for "Most eligible bachelor".
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <10-03-16/2247:22> »
Well if he weren't already married, I'd say Lord Quecksilber would be giving Damien Knight some competition for "Most eligible bachelor".

I wonder how often Susanna gets asked if he has a brother who is single?  ;D
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #32 on: <10-05-16/1849:03> »
Maisie was already, as you put it "half-cocked paranoid" before the events in Heart of Gold. After being kidnapped and force fed BTLs to keep her nice and pliable while she was experimented on for weeks, she dove head first into that rabbit hole.

Just to be clear, who is Maisie exactly?

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <10-05-16/1933:34> »
Maisie was already, as you put it "half-cocked paranoid" before the events in Heart of Gold. After being kidnapped and force fed BTLs to keep her nice and pliable while she was experimented on for weeks, she dove head first into that rabbit hole.

Just to be clear, who is Maisie exactly?

The main character of the series of stories I'm working on. She's a first generation dragonkin immortal, wolf shaman, and Altarraum's queen since it's founding in late 2090. I'm actually writing her dossier entry right now. To avoid clogging up the GM forum, I might just post it in here when I'm done.

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #34 on: <10-05-16/2301:54> »
The main character of the series of stories I'm working on. She's a first generation dragonkin immortal, wolf shaman, and Altarraum's queen since it's founding in late 2090. I'm actually writing her dossier entry right now. To avoid clogging up the GM forum, I might just post it in here when I'm done.

So...she's the direct descendant of a dragon, and you mentioned "Loffy"....am I reading the implications correctly?

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <10-05-16/2307:35> »

So...she's the direct descendant of a dragon, and you mentioned "Loffy"....am I reading the implications correctly?

Yes.

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #36 on: <10-06-16/0012:37> »
Yes.

Oh....OH.

I am suddenly very apprehensive about becoming too close to the Queen and hers.
Not because I have anything specifically against ol Golden Snout (never ran against S-K; Renraku occupied my team's time far too often), but because I know what happens to those who become too closely involved in his business.

"Valued associate?" Sure, I can manage that. Any more than that and I risk garnering undue attention from another wizwyrm.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <10-06-16/0103:56> »
Yes.

Oh....OH.

I am suddenly very apprehensive about becoming too close to the Queen and hers.
Not because I have anything specifically against ol Golden Snout (never ran against S-K; Renraku occupied my team's time far too often), but because I know what happens to those who become too closely involved in his business.

"Valued associate?" Sure, I can manage that. Any more than that and I risk garnering undue attention from another wizwyrm.

Lofwyr has as much power in Altarraum as any other dragon, and he gets little to no special treatment for his relation to Maisie. Maisie is not his puppet, and refuses to be. Does she care about him? Absolutely, and she wishes with all her hear that she could have a proper familial relationship with him. However, she understands that wish is simply not realistic. She also still holds him responsible for her adoptive dad's death and for what became of her adoptive brother, Mod. Paints a pretty complicated picture, eh?

Maisie is actually more closely aligned with the other immortal elves, with the notable exception of Alachia and Jenna Ni'Farra (An immortal elf raised by a trog? Le GASP!). She does, however, have alliances with Arleesh, Hestaby, Nebelherr, and a cordial relationship with Schwarzkopf (as her adoptive uncle retired from shadowrunning to teach at the same university as him), and Celedyr.

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #38 on: <10-06-16/0254:08> »
Lofwyr has as much power in Altarraum as any other dragon, and he gets little to no special treatment for his relation to Maisie. Maisie is not his puppet, and refuses to be. Does she care about him? Absolutely, and she wishes with all her hear that she could have a proper familial relationship with him. However, she understands that wish is simply not realistic. She also still holds him responsible for her adoptive dad's death and for what became of her adoptive brother, Mod. Paints a pretty complicated picture, eh?

Maisie is actually more closely aligned with the other immortal elves, with the notable exception of Alachia and Jenna Ni'Farra (An immortal elf raised by a trog? Le GASP!). She does, however, have alliances with Arleesh, Hestaby, Nebelherr, and a cordial relationship with Schwarzkopf (as her adoptive uncle retired from shadowrunning to teach at the same university as him), and Celedyr.

Alright. Just so long as papa Loffy doesn't come scouting for easy drake slaves.
Hmm. I wonder, what has the Orange Queen been up to lately?

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <10-06-16/0337:45> »
Alright. Just so long as papa Loffy doesn't come scouting for easy drake slaves.
Hmm. I wonder, what has the Orange Queen been up to lately?

Nah, the spectacular fallout that would cause isn't worth the reward.

Still trying to claw her way back up the social ladder while planning her revenge, I'd reckon.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <10-06-16/1621:02> »
Here's Maisie's dossier entry. With shadowtalk included!

Name: Margaret “Maisie” MacLellan
Metatype: Elf
Birth Date: March 23rd, 2072
Birth Place: Berlin, Germany
Age: Early 60’s, but appears to be in her late 20’s/early 30’s
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 130lbs
Eyes: Gold
Hair: Blood red
Skin: Pale
Awakened: Yes (Wolf Shaman)

Ok Wolf Queen, you promised. We want to know everything!
•   Slamm-O!

That I did, and I intend to keep that promise.
•   Wolf Queen

Ok, I’ll start from the beginning. My dad, Gregor MacLellan, found me abandoned in a back alley in Berlin way back in 2072. He took me in and raised me as his own. He kept me safe and hidden, trusting only his fellow teammates around me. I was tutored in math, reading, sciences, and other subjects by Mod.

Wait, the e-ghost?
•   Glitch

He wasn’t always an e-ghost, but yes.
•   Wolf Queen

Anyway, I awakened unusually early when I was only four years old. Yes, you read that right. My dad brought in his old friend and shaman, Nip, who immediately crafted a masking focus for me and trained me in accordance with the shamanic tradition. Wolf first came to me during my first initiation, and I have followed Wolf’s teachings ever since.

A week before my 18th birthday, my dad was killed in a mock job meant to take out the entire team. Thankfully, the bomb went off before the rest of the team had a chance to enter the building, so the rest of us were spared. During the getaway, I was shot six times and captured by S-K security forces, who brought me before the great golden overlord himself. I still carry two of those bullets with me everywhere I go, since they were too firmly wedged into my skeletal system to be removed without causing further damage. I still have the scars too. I’m sure most of you know what happened next, since I’ve never actually made a big secret out of it. I found out that I’m Lofwyr’s bastard kid, and a bunch of bulldrek that I still don’t fully comprehend culminated into the absolute shit-show you all know as the Battle of Essen. I don’t really feel like hashing out the details all over again. Want to know more? Watch the trids. Everyone and their grandma had drones up during that.

Shortly after, I was given the three castles I still own, and enough wealth to retire for multiple lifetimes. I focused on repairing and remodeling my properties, and moved into Neuschwanstein Castle. Unfortunately, the fallout from the Battle of Essen left a lot of people down and out. A lot of those people, along with a great number of awakened individuals descended on Schwangau looking for protection, guidance, or whatnot. The Children of the Dragon arrived shortly afterwards and started preaching about how I was some kind of messiah. A “child of the light born of sin and greed, within whom the spirit of the dragon resides, and from whom the Great Dragon shall be reborn”. Creepy, right? Yea, well the people lapped it up like kittens with milk, no matter how loudly I denounced it. The worst part is the Bavarian government didn’t like it either.

Bavarian officials started to believe that I was planning something unsavory. Like a coup, or something (Note: I wasn’t). They came down on us like the fist of an angry god, and killed over a hundred people before Lofwyr finally decided to intervene and put an end to the violence. As a show of “frag you”, I had any weapons that were too badly damaged to be repaired collected and melted down. The molten metal was then cast into the throne I still sit on to this day, Altarraum was declared an independent nation, and the Dragonkin Expansion began. My family, realizing the danger I was in, came out of retirement and orchestrated several runs to cause havoc for the AGS (sabotage, blackmail, tactical application of high explosives, the usual).

Wait, what was that last one?
•   Slamm-O!

The usual? <grin>
•   Wolf Queen

During the battle for Penzberg, we were able to drive the Bavarian army back to Munich. Faced with losing the city, the Bavarians surrendered on August 30th, 2090. The Dragonkin Treaty, which recognized Altarraum as an independent nation, was signed on September 1st, 2090. I have acted as Altarraum’s queen ever since. Contrary to popular belief, I’m not actually a mastermind micromanager like my vater. The High Council sees to most of Altarraum’s day to day operations.

So what exactly to you do?
•   Glitch

Keep reading.
•   Wolf Queen

Even though the High Council has the power to create and pass legislation, I still retain the power to decide what becomes law, and what doesn’t. I also act as a focus for national unity, pride and identity; giving a sense of stability and continuity, especially during times of strife. I receive foreign ambassadors, corporate executives, and high commissioners, entertain visiting Heads of State, and make visits overseas to other countries, in support of diplomatic and economic relations. By means of regular visits through all parts of Altarraum, I meet people from all walks of life. This way, I gain a better understanding of the needs of my people, and give them a way to have their concerns voiced before the High Council when they may be unable to be heard otherwise.

Sounds exhausting.
•   Netcat

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown, but it can also be quite rewarding. It can occasionally be entertaining as well.
•   Wolf Queen

I’ve heard a lot of rumors that due to my relation to him, I am in Lofwyr’s pocket. Allow me to make something very clear: I am in nobody’s pocket, and I refuse to be. I have little patience for such things. The last people who tried to force me into bowing to their will found that out the hard way.

Talk about an understatement. Took a week to scrub those poor fraggers off the floor…and the walls…and the ceiling. Pretty sure the ravens are still fighting over the bits left in the trees.
•   Laughing Man

Step One: Apply drake to source of irritation. Step Two: Repeat until irritation ceases to be.
•   Wolf Queen

Now, there is another rumor about me that, sadly, has some truth to it. Hi, my name is Wolf Queen, and I am a dry BTL addict. There, I said it. Now, from the rumors I’ve head, the details vary a bit. So, here’s the gospel truth. Early in my pregnancy with my son, I was kidnapped by an extraction team hired by Aztechnology. Due to my heritage, I cannot be sedated by normal means, and they didn’t want to contaminate my blood with pharmaceuticals anyway. So, while I was still knocked unconscious, they implanted a datajack and fed me a steady stream of Dreamchips to keep me nice and cooperative while they experimented. They did this for weeks until I was finally rescued. By then, unfortunately, my addiction had become severe and it took months for me to dry out. The datajack was removed pretty much immediately, and I haven’t touched BTLs since. I won’t give Aztechnology the satisfaction of seeing me fall off the wagon.

Wait a minute. If you can’t be sedated, how did they get the datajack out?
•   Pistons

I don’t really remember, to be honest. Based on what I’ve been told, that’s probably for the best.
•   Wolf Queen

The implications of that are horrifying. What was the Big A doing anyway?
•   Pistons

Things that would cause a worldwide panic if it became public knowledge. The primary purpose of my Mistish Farad is to hunt down and destroy the products of those experiments. They may look no different than you or I, but make no mistake. Any humanity in them was programmed out of them long ago. They are nothing more than weapons now.
•   Wolf Queen

Oh, lovely.
•   Netcat

Since then, I’ve kept my focus on raising my son and keeping him safe. I appointed my trusted friend Lord Quecksilber as Lord Steward to act on my behalf while I am away. One blessing of modern technology is that I don’t actually have to be in Altarraum to run it. That said, I have been spending more time in Altarraum as my son has gotten older. He’s your typical angsty teenager, and I am just so annoying now.

Does he dye his hair black and wear arm warmers, even in the summer?
•   FastJack

No, but he keeps his hair spiked. He has the black eyeliner down pat too. Doesn’t look half bad, actually. Except for the fingerless fishnet gloves. Oh, how I loathe those things. Did I mention he’s going by the nickname Taliesin now? Yea, he saw it in a book and decided it was just so wiz.
•   Wolf Queen

Chip off the old block, isn’t he?
•   Bull

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <10-08-16/0856:06> »
Description: Margaret "Maisie" MacLellan is a complex individual. She is the youngest of the immortal elves by several decades, but through great effort and sheer tenacity, she has become powerful enough to gain a modicum of respect from her fellow immortals. Her magical practice still resembles the shamanic tradition, but the immense trauma she has suffered changed her beliefs and world view on a deeply fundamental level. That in turn caused her tradition to become gradually more esoteric and personal. Her trauma has also made her far more paranoid, to the point that she will often meet with runners personally, rather than trust proxies, so she can get a feel for their merits and level of professionalism. Maisie herself grew up in the shadows of Berlin, and she has not forgotten this. She has never been known to double-cross a runner, and has on occasion given helpful hints and tips when she senses a runner is relatively new. Never trust an elf is one of the main rules of the shadows, but for every rule there is an exception. She has a gift for diplomacy, and an almost preternatural ability to calm those around her.

That said, Maisie possesses a wrath of biblical proportions. She is capable of going berserk when wounded or when a member of her "pack" is in grave danger (her pack consisting of her family, close friends, and most trusted allies), and frequently leaves a wide swath of mana fueled destruction in her wake when pushed to that point. She does not take kindly to betrayal, and has made brutal examples of traitors in the past. Maisie has her father's vindictive streak, and is very creative with how she gets her revenge.

Maisie has naturally blood red hair, which she usually keeps tied back in a simple french braid. She has six gunshot wound scars across her torso and upper legs, and a barely perceptible scar above her right temple which is usually hidden by her hair. Her skin is otherwise smooth and milky white, and her face is heart shaped with sharp features. Her most noticeable feature, however, is her bright gold almond shaped eyes. Her pupils are normally round, but will change to slits when she goes berserk.

She is a skilled swordswoman, wolf shaman, and grade 25 initiate. She has a natural immunity to age, toxins, disease, and pathogens. She is also immune to sedatives, though the jury is still out on whether that is due to her heritage or just pure willpower.

Relationships:

Maisie has worked tirelessly to earn many powerful allies. Among them are Lofwyr, Nebelherr, Schwarzkopf, Arleesh, Sean Laverty, Ehran the Scribe, Harlequin, Jane Foster, and Hestaby. Maisie and Aden seems to have some manner of gentleman's (gentlewoman's?) agreement, though no one knows what that agreement entailed. They are certainly not allies, but they aren't outright enemies either.

Maisie has also managed to earn herself some powerful enemies. Her most vicious rivalry is with Alachia, and Jenna Ni'Farra isn't far behind. Ehran himself voiced concerns that it's only a matter of time before her rivalry with Alachia boils over into a chal'han, or worse. She also has rivalries with Sirrurg and holds a particular hatred for Ghostwalker.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <11-09-16/1401:31> »
Lady Quecksilber

No Time For Tea -

“Seize them!” She heard the wizwyrm’s voice bellowing through the empty streets. The air was thick and muggy, and made it difficult to catch her breath. She stopped and clapped her hands over her ears as his voice echoed in her head. “Susanna, come back.”
   “No!” She screamed. Blood dripped down her arms from the raw wounds on her wrists, left by her struggles against the harsh metal cuffs that had imprisoned her for so long. “Get out of my head! Get out!”
   “Dove?” She felt warm hands over her own and looked up. The runner’s face morphed into a more comforting one. “Wake up, it’s just a dream.”
   She abruptly found herself in bed. Her husband was looking down at her with kind blue eyes, his expression was a blend of concern and reassurance. Her face crumpled, a soft sob shuddered in her throat. “Michael…”
   “Shh, it’s alright. I’m right here.” His voice was smooth, soft, and calming. He tenderly combed his fingers through her fair hair, and kissed her forehead. “Come on, I’ll brew some tea.” He threw the covers off and sat on the side of the bed. “Lights on, low.”
        As the room gradually brightened, he rolled his head around on his neck to work out the kinks. He rubbed his eyes, and tried in vain to smooth out his messy black hair, which reached slightly past the nape of his neck, and had the slightest hint of grey. Dark, ugly scars crisscrossed his back, punctuated by one large round one. The exit wound from a bullet fired by one of Ghostwalker’s “deniable assets” decades ago. Its mate, the entry wound, marred his chest. Susanna flinched at the memory of being dragged away from him as he laid bleeding on the ground, and rubbed her wrists. She got up, threw on a black satin robe, and traipsed into the living room. Michael wasn’t far behind, she could hear the soft, rhythmic thud of his cane on the carpeted floor. The clock on the wall told her that sunrise wouldn’t be for another hour. She smirked, plenty of time.
        Michael limped into the room to find his beloved wife relaxing buck nude on the couch, and grinned broadly. The tea would have to wait.

== Info ==
Street Name: Dove
Name: Susanna Quecksilber
Movement: 10/20, 2m/ hit, Swim: 6, 1m/ hit
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 1
Public Awareness: 0
Elf Female Age 60's
Height 5' 7" Weight 125lbs
Composure: 10
Judge Intentions: 10
Lift/Carry: 6 (45 kg/30 kg)
Memory: 9
Nuyen: 220670

== Attributes ==
BOD: 3
AGI: 5
REA: 4
STR: 3
CHA: 6
INT: 4
LOG: 5
WIL: 4
EDG: 3

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                   6
Initiative:                8 + 1d6
Rigger Initiative:         8 + 1d6
Astral Initiative:         
Matrix AR Initiative:      8 + 1d6
Matrix Cold Initiative:    4 + DP + 3d6
Matrix Hot Initiative:     4 + DP + 4d6
Physical Damage Track:     10
Stun Damage Track:         10

== Limits ==
Physical:                  5
Mental:                    6
Social:                    8
   Mortimer of London: Summit Dress [+1] (Must be visible)
Astral:                    8

== Active Skills ==
Animal Handling            : 0                      Pool: 5
Archery                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Armorer                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Artisan                    : 2 [Cooking]            Pool: 6 (8)
Automatics                 : 0                      Pool: 4
Blades                     : 1 [Knives]             Pool: 6 (8)
Clubs                      : 1                      Pool: 6
Computer                   : 0                      Pool: 4
Con                        : 1                      Pool: 7
Cybercombat                : 0                      Pool: 4
Demolitions                : 0                      Pool: 4
Disguise                   : 0                      Pool: 3
Diving                     : 0                      Pool: 2
Escape Artist              : 0                      Pool: 4
Etiquette                  : 1                      Pool: 7
First Aid                  : 3                      Pool: 8
Forgery                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Free-Fall                  : 0                      Pool: 2
Gunnery                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Gymnastics                 : 1 [Dance]              Pool: 6 (8)
Hacking                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Heavy Weapons              : 0                      Pool: 4
Impersonation              : 1                      Pool: 7
Instruction                : 0                      Pool: 5
Intimidation               : 0                      Pool: 5
Leadership                 : 1 [Inspire]            Pool: 7 (9)
Longarms                   : 0                      Pool: 4
Medicine                   : 3                      Pool: 8
Navigation                 : 0                      Pool: 3
Negotiation                : 1                      Pool: 7
Perception                 : 1                      Pool: 5
Performance                : 1 [Singing]            Pool: 7 (9)
Pilot Ground Craft         : 0                      Pool: 3
Pilot Watercraft           : 0                      Pool: 3
Pistols                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Running                    : 2                      Pool: 5
Sneaking                   : 0                      Pool: 4
Survival                   : 0                      Pool: 3
Swimming                   : 2                      Pool: 5
Throwing Weapons           : 0                      Pool: 4
Tracking                   : 0                      Pool: 3
Unarmed Combat             : 1                      Pool: 6

== Knowledge Skills ==
Area Knowledge: Altarraum  : 1                      Pool: 5
Area Knowledge: DeeCee     : 2                      Pool: 6
Area Knowledge: Denver     : 1                      Pool: 5
Biology                    : 2 [Anatomy]            Pool: 7 (9)
Chemistry                  : 2 [Pharmaceuticals]    Pool: 7 (9)
English                    : N                      Pool: 0
Gardening                  : 2                      Pool: 6
Herbalism                  : 2                      Pool: 6
Literature                 : 1 [Poetry]             Pool: 6 (8)
Music                      : 2                      Pool: 6
Persian                    : 1 [Speak]              Pool: 6 (8)
Politics                   : 1                      Pool: 6
Religion                   : 2 [Zoroastrianism]     Pool: 7 (9)
Shadow Community           : 1                      Pool: 5
Street Drugs               : 1 [Bliss]              Pool: 5 (7)

== Contacts ==
Ghostwalker; Denver; Great Dragon (12, 1) (Enemy)
Michael Quecksilber; Altarraum; Husband (4, 6)
Queen Margaret; Throw a dart at a map; Monarch (6, 5)

== Qualities ==
Dry Addict (Moderate) (Bliss)
Emotional Attachment (Wedding Ring)
Flashbacks II
Friends in High Places
Gifted Healer (Treatment)
Linguist
Low-Light Vision
Lucky
SINner (National) (Altarraum)
Social Stress
Trust Fund IV

== Lifestyles ==
Drake Sanctuary  12 months

== Armor ==
Mortimer of London: Summit Dress    7
   +Concealability
   +Custom Fit

== Weapons ==
Combat Knife
   Pool: 6 (8)   Accuracy: 6   DV: 5P   AP: -3   RC: 2
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 6   Accuracy: 5   DV: 3S   AP: -   RC: 2

== Commlink ==
Fairlight Caliban (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 7, FWL: 7)

== Gear ==
Advanced Medkit Rating 6
Certified Credstick, Ebony
HemostatiX Dressing x6
Holster
Slap Patch, Antidote Patch Rating 6 x4
Slap Patch, Chem Patch x4
Slap Patch, Stim Patch Rating 6 x4
Slap Patch, Tranq Patch Rating 6 x4
Slap Patch, Trauma Patch x4
Vasotech MD-3X Autoinjection Gun
Wedding Ring

== Description ==
Susanna is a small, waifish elf with green eyes and light blonde hair. Her face is kind and fine-featured, but her eyes always appear bright and glazed over, as if she is suffering some manner of fever. She is deeply traumatized, and has suffered immensely at the hands of Ghostwalker. She is a dry Bliss addict, and usually wears long sleeves to hide the scarring on her wrists, only some of which were caused by the cuffs used during her imprisonment.

She is a wonderful singer, hence her nickname. She is not a fighter by any stretch of the imagination, but is capable of defending herself if push comes to shove. She prefers peace, which is another reason for her nickname. Susanna is a skilled gardener, and a gifted healer. It is rumored that her father was a doctor and that is how she learned her medical skills, but it is impossible to know anymore. Nearly all records before her arrival in Altarraum were erased.

She currently lives with her husband in a private residence within the hidden drake sanctuary in Altarraum. She serves as a bit of a martyr. A constant reminder of what the free drakes are fighting for, and against. She is the reason for Lord Quecksilber's seething hatred of Ghostwalker.

== Background ==
Not much is known about Susanna's past before she arrived in Altarraum other than the fact she originally hails from the CAS (her accent kind of gives it away). She met Michael when they were both in their teens, and the two were married at the young age of 18. They are the very definition of "soulmates" and utterly devoted to each other. Despite only being married a few months before her capture, Michael still risked everything to get her back. Burning every contact and spending every last nuyen he had to get to Altarraum and find the one person powerful enough to challenge the great white wizwyrm who also had the desire to do so, Harlequin. The details of the rescue mission are unclear, but it involved brokering some kind of deal with the Sea Dragon to make sure Ghostwalker played fair. It is rumored that the team managed to steal one of his eggs, and threatened to hand it over to the Sea Dragon if he didn't free Susanna. Whatever they did, it worked.

After her rescue, she started using Bliss behind her husband's back to escape the pain. He eventually found out when he discovered her on the bathroom floor suffering from an accidental overdose. He helped her get clean, and began studying psychology to better understand how to help her recover and heal from her trauma.

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #43 on: <11-09-16/2111:58> »
Seems like Ghostwalker is still trying to get into her head. 0_o
And here I thought he held Susanna prisoner specifically to get at Ser Quecksilver.

...Or was there something more to it?

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <11-09-16/2153:19> »
Seems like Ghostwalker is still trying to get into her head. 0_o
And here I thought he held Susanna prisoner specifically to get at Ser Quecksilver.

...Or was there something more to it?

Sort of. She honest-to-God did not know where Michael was, and GW figured that out pretty much immediately. So he picked through her mind and browsed through all of her memories of Quecksilber to learn all she knew about him, which shattered her mind in the process. He didn't give a single frag about her health, and did just enough to keep her alive so he could dangle her in front of Michael and try to provoke him into making a mistake that would get him captured.

Whether or not he can still get into her head is up for debate, which is why she stays at the drake sanctuary. She seems to believe that he could swoop down from the skies at any moment, despite Harlequin's reassurances that the sanctuary is well hidden and well protected.