NEWS

Technomancer with Bioware... Player may need meds

• 53 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #30 on: <06-10-14/1648:16> »
If anything, he could have had it, then it was stripped from him (no essence gained back) while he was in prison as the price for stealing from pappy...

OUCH!  That's brutal - I like it.  :)
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

elrikthebastard

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <06-10-14/1659:12> »
Yea, for whaterver Mr Munckin thinks he has, he is on his own. And I have set a timer on him. I have a calendar that reports to me what day it is in the Game Universe, then on what days I have to roll for the PI to find something or nothing. Then I have A corp looking for him, his family is looking for him. After a period competing corps will start to look for him, then the regular runners in the know will eventually clue in.

He has all the room he wants. My timer starts running the first minute we start to game.

I will let this fester and grow and eventually he will have to figure out his corner, because the paint is wet.

elrikthebastard

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <06-13-14/1605:31> »
Hey,

Thought I would do an update. Mr. Munchkin is no longer getting what he wanted and is making a street level sam with a military past.
No bonuses, same as everyone else. And it was easier to do then I thought.

Hilarious!

Thank you again everyone!

E

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <06-13-14/1704:29> »
Hey,

Thought I would do an update. Mr. Munchkin is no longer getting what he wanted and is making a street level sam with a military past.
No bonuses, same as everyone else. And it was easier to do then I thought.

Hilarious!

Thank you again everyone!

E

That's awesome.  Take the small blessings where you can get them with someone like this.  :)

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

elrikthebastard

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <06-13-14/1706:47> »
LOL Thanks!

Right now his angry at me because sometimes Delta and Betaware come with strings... LOL

Like talking to my kids when they were 4.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <06-13-14/1932:28> »
Unless you're playing a VERY high-level campaign, he can't acquire Deltaware at character creation anyway.  Is he now trying to finagle the rules without the technomancer aspect?  I suggest making him read the rules.  :P

elrikthebastard

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <06-13-14/1950:19> »
He is certainly Delta ware obsessed. I told him IN GAME. Don't bother me any other way.

Then I asked him if he trusted the companies putting in the tech? Because Corps are so trustworthy. =-)

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <06-13-14/2310:14> »
Sounds like the player wants to take part in a High Life & Prime Runner rules game. Also sounds like you're giving them enough rope to hang themselves, and assuming the length will be enough to inform of the consequences.

elrikthebastard

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <06-14-14/0019:38> »
If I may.

I met these guys through Rifts. We made L10 Characters. My PC was a Godling, 805 MDC, tonnes of spells, magic and psi powers, the character was utterly bogus. Mr. Munchkins PC was so over the top that it made my nose bleed. I have been playing Palladium since it came out, I have not played rifts in some time. But I know the rules, and I built my PC to the rules and I was happy with the build. Mr. Munchkin utterly ignores the rules and then demands a page when challenges. Well I discovered he was Stacking his Three Classes, which is totally against the rules. I show him rules and he works at ways to work around them, there is no work around... so he ignores them. 

He has asked me three times for more stuff and I have said no each time. So get this. He have up on his Technomancer because he originally built his character with the Standard system. Then asked me about Karma, because apparently I was vague, then when I confront him about it he bitches that I screwed up his Stat Increase. "Sorry Dood, you only get  13, with a potential of 26."

Then I reminded him that he yelled at me in the middle of a  Grocery store about only getting 13 karma.

The tone changed pretty fast. I deal with clients all day, what people say to me sticks fast and for a long time. I wish the rules stayed as long and firm.

Killer!

he could not use the Standard rules. Then Reminded him that he yelled at me in a  Grocery store about only giving him 13 points

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <06-14-14/0421:37> »
Gods..this guy sounds like someone who is no longer in my group. You would not happen to be in the Florida panhandle,
would you, Elrik?

elrikthebastard

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <06-14-14/1056:29> »
Northern Ontario Canada Mara =-)

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #41 on: <06-14-14/1105:45> »
If his "behavior" continues into play, keep in mind you DO NOT owe him a page reference for anything ever. As the GM it is your responsibility to keep the game fun and on track, that's about it, playing by the rules is nice when you can but if you have to make something up to keep things moving or to keep the fun going - that's what you do.

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <06-14-14/1126:43> »
If his "behavior" continues into play, keep in mind you DO NOT owe him a page reference for anything ever. As the GM it is your responsibility to keep the game fun and on track, that's about it, playing by the rules is nice when you can but if you have to make something up to keep things moving or to keep the fun going - that's what you do.

I think that is a horrible statement.  Yes, the GM is the final say, but both the players and the GM have to work in the same world.  They have to be playing by the same set of rules that govern said world.  It is one thing to be working with houserules or even invoking fiat, but if the GM is going to say that a specific aspect of the world officially operates in a certain way they should be able to not only back that up, but be able to tell or show the player where that ruling comes from so that the player can further educate themselves.

The rules govern the world, and the world is what makes it ShadowRun.  I don't think I could stay in a game where the GM feels using the rules is "nice when you can."
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

elrikthebastard

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <06-14-14/1129:55> »
I mostly agree Emsquared. I confronted him. Basically warned him that I would do my best to follow the rules but there would be times that I would throw them out the window. I am story driven and sometimes suspend the rules. "I don't like surprises." he states very unsure. MWAHAHAHAA

I guess in Mr. Munchkins mind I should provide a plot summery? This crap makes me laugh.

The last week has been brutal. I have a webserver that is down, the admin smokes my control panel before doing any backups, so I am down 6 websites, that I have dated backups for... and we had been paying for the backups to happen. Then my Internet goes, and I live on the net. Bluntly stated, this guys makes me laugh so hard somedays, I just feel better.

I did not know till late last night that one of my other buddies, who I have brainwashed and trained... ehehe....  had warned Mr. Munchkin that I have a bad habit of just grabbing character sheets and then handing the Player a new character to play for a while.

My buddy loves that sort of play. Honestly his is not the the best in Role player but he tries damn hard and doesn't mind being laughed at and failing.

Coming out of the 80's there was this thing in Dragon Mag, 20 things to drive your players nuts. I had a blast, although my stories became pretty fractures, the players loved the challenge those that did not, got asked to leave by team. I had almost forgot till Buddy reminded me about that.

elrikthebastard

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <06-14-14/1135:41> »
Hey Tenlaar, thanks for posting.

If I may, I don't think that is what emsquared means. When the system is bogged down, push it aside and move on.

The idea is to stick to the rules as best as possible, if your story is the problem, streamline it, if there is a rule, come to some sort of decision, and move on. Many GM's and players get bogged down in a debate over something and the next thing you know hours has passed.

Our Job is to keep the flow and sometimes, hopefully not very often, that means skipping a rule. But yes, wholesale slaughter of the rules is bad form.