NEWS

New expansion coming really soon?

• 58 Replies

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« on: <02-06-15/0144:04> »
This looks promising : http://www.miniaturemarket.com/cat27702.html

It seems really too close of the mission contest, so i guess that maybe the launch dates will be changed.

Let's hope an official announcement will be made soon, so i can preorder it from my FLGS. :)
« Last Edit: <02-06-15/0148:03> by Jamelfr »

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-06-15/2126:37> »
looks exciting! I'll keep my fingers crossed that this isn't some ploy to get our pre order money a year out. I'm lookin at you Witcher 3 *glare*
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-06-15/2325:55> »
Hey I'd be happy if more companies just sat down and said "hey look, we're doing a really big game here, so sorry about this, but we need more time just to keep polishing the game to make it as good as we can on release rather than giving you guys some buggy pile of crap we'll patch later"

That and sxtra time made it much easier to pay off my Collector's Edition (I want my Witcher amulet damnit!)
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <02-06-15/2330:17> »
Hey I'd be happy if more companies just sat down and said "hey look, we're doing a really big game here, so sorry about this, but we need more time just to keep polishing the game to make it as good as we can on release rather than giving you guys some buggy pile of crap we'll patch later"

So true... but then again, that Fallout 4 game is taking waayyyy too much time and I'm not sure it will be bug-free (if it ever comes out).

(I need my Fallout fix darn it!)

(Just a little OOT but anyway...) :P

graven2002

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <02-09-15/0905:00> »
Voting just closed for the mission contest, so hopefully we'll hear new expansion details soon.  ;D

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <02-09-15/2351:35> »
Voting just closed for the mission contest, so hopefully we'll hear new expansion details soon.  ;D

Let's hope details will come soon indeed. :)

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-04-15/1958:00> »

So true... but then again, that Fallout 4 game is taking waayyyy too much time and I'm not sure it will be bug-free (if it ever comes out).

Half-Life 3. *drops mic*
Dance to the tension of a world on edge.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <04-05-15/2020:44> »

Half-Life 3. *drops mic*

Video gaming world is too much filled of sequels that never come :(  Let me add Mirror's Edge 2 to the list (but at least there are confirmations that it's being made).

Back to the thread : some news about Crossfire's new expansion would be really great. :) :) 

TheIrish

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <04-06-15/1144:30> »
New Expansion, Yes please!

TheIrish

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <04-11-15/1145:28> »
FRPGames are now listing an expansion on their site called "Shadowrun: Crossfire Mission Expansion Pack 1: High Caliber Ops" Releases: 2015-07-31

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=110663#.VSk__PnF98E
« Last Edit: <04-11-15/1149:28> by TheIrish »

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <04-11-15/1706:05> »
This is good news. Thanks for the info. Time to write to my FLGS! :)

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <04-12-15/0936:06> »
As usual, please keep this in mind:

Any dates not released by Catalyst are at best guesses, at worst outright fabrication.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <04-12-15/1315:26> »

Any dates not released by Catalyst are at best guesses, at worst outright fabrication.

Oh, thanks for the info. Here I thought the date was indicated because Catalyst informed the store of the actual release date... Well, I guess I should wait for Catalyst to make an official annoucement. :( 

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <04-12-15/1950:01> »

But knowing that work is being done. Knowing that the Crossfire contest was moving forward. That the OP is being put into place, would help the community to get behind a product. The complete lack of any information has hurt this game considerably. I fully understand the need to not give out ship or release dates until the product is in the hands of the distributers, or at least in route to them, but some info, some news that a game has not been abandoned by its publishers has to happen.

Please accept that there is a SR community that needs communication. Playing games is a social activity. Talk to us.

Pixie

« Reply #14 on: <04-12-15/2215:06> »
The complete lack of any information has hurt this game considerably.

Not sure where you get your information, but I was at two different game stores on International Board Game Day yesterday, and both stores were running at least one table playing Crossfire for hours.  So...  anecdotal at best?

I fully understand the need to not give out ship or release dates until the product is in the hands of the distributers, or at least in route to them, but some info, some news that a game has not been abandoned by its publishers has to happen.

The contest that was hosted by Catalyst a couple months ago didn't clue you in that the game hasn't been abandoned?

Please accept that there is a SR community that needs communication. Playing games is a social activity. Talk to us.

PeterSmith is not a community liaison.  He operates on the storefront level, and so is just as at the whim of Catalyst as anyone else.  Not really sure why you feel the need to single him out and make him into the target of your misguided nerdrage.