NEWS

Runner's Toolkit--pre-order now! PDF download now! And free PDF GM screen!

• 86 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <02-27-11/2358:20> »
The PDF version of the Runner's Toolkit is fast approaching--fast enough that the PDF version is available now, and you can make pre-orders for the print version--including the one with the sleek, limited-edition GM screen! But let's say you want a GM screen you want it now, and you want it cheap. Well, does free work for you? Anyway, head over to http://www.shadowrun4.com for all the details of the various packages available.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

CyberT2000

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <02-28-11/0234:50> »
Awesome !  ;D

I just bought the PDF version and it rocks.

One little question : would it be possible to add the large size maps of the sprawl sites ?

The maps in the contact and sprawlsites booklet are quite small and bigger (color) maps would be very cool.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-28-11/0450:54> »
Kinda disappointed: while there is a Mystic Adept Attribute Package, there is not a single Mystic Adept Power Package.

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <02-28-11/0724:29> »
I have only seen previews & the blurb on whats in the Kit, and I have mixed feelings.
the charts are nice, helpful
on the PACKS, good for making quick characters, which with GM's grace can be tweaked after a game when there is more time. I do agree Adepts kinda lost out, and a few other things that seem short changed. But as a tool to quickly make characters ...it works. I have worked up a basic character in 15 minutes using PACKS
maybe an example of the basic character types as shown in Runners Companion: Fire support, close comabt, matrix, magic, etc, using the PACKS
something maybe the devs could post in the forums and the GMs hand out to players

the maps I cannot comment on as I have not seen them yet

on the adventure, it should have been a new adventure that could tie into the SR missions set, encouraging players to check out that aspect of the SR gameline. It isa good mission, just a bit over used with vetern players looking for something new

the contacts & sites is always welcomed, as long it kept fresh & updated

I am not sure which Anatomy of a Shadowrun has been used, as several have popped up in the Forums, and they were very informtive

and where did I get what I got...i won't be a good runner is I talked
null perpirsation, chummer

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <02-28-11/0821:33> »
Let's see... FastJack is starting his campaign in two weeks. FastJack has a couple of new players at his table. FastJack is spending money he shouldn't. ;)

Any word on the street date for the physical book?

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #5 on: <02-28-11/0903:59> »
Let's see... FastJack is starting his campaign in two weeks. FastJack has a couple of new players at his table. FastJack is spending money he shouldn't. ;)

It'll take some time--these ones have a long shipping journey ahead of them. It will be a couple of months before we can announce a street date.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #6 on: <02-28-11/0933:07> »

It'll take some time--these ones have a long shipping journey ahead of them. It will be a couple of months before we can announce a street date.

Jason H.
Thanks!

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #7 on: <02-28-11/1017:23> »
So good to finally see this one out the door.  I'm a hard copy guy so I have awhile before I can comment but it looks like good stuff.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Malachi

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #8 on: <02-28-11/1026:25> »
Kinda disappointed: while there is a Mystic Adept Attribute Package, there is not a single Mystic Adept Power Package.
A Mystic Adept Power Kit would've been redundant.  The Mystic Adept is a combination Adept and Magician right?  So, all you need to do is select from the Adept Power Kits for the Adept powers you want, then select one or more Spell Kits for the spells you want.  Then you have your Mystic Adept!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #9 on: <02-28-11/1113:01> »
FastJack speaking in third person.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Reverendo

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #10 on: <02-28-11/1155:01> »
Preorder done  ;D

SRGC V0.3 SR1 SR2 SR3++ SR4+++ SR5+++ h- b+++ B+++ D++(998) UB+ IE- DSF+ SrSp++++  W++++ hk++++ ri++++ m- gm+++ M P++ FP

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <02-28-11/1214:19> »
FastJack speaking in third person.
FastJack does that when going over the budget. :P

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <02-28-11/1549:58> »
FastJack does that when going over the budget. :P
Yes, Digital_Viking does the same. Digital_Viking didn't when he ordered the PDF today...but then Digital_Viking dropped 1800 on a new desktop system.

Digital_Viking forsees much third person discussion
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <02-28-11/1559:08> »
Awesome product love the Packs....better this time around then the one we saw on Dumpshock. The best is the sprawl sites with Dowd and stackpole streets.....great placement for those Authors names. If you have not gotten the chance Mr. Hardy I spoke with Mr. Stackpole a few months ago and he said he is interested in doing another Wolf and Raven book set in the 2072 time frame....I understand if this is not possible, but would love to see his work in shadowrun again :)

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #14 on: <02-28-11/1607:58> »
Awesome product love the Packs....better this time around then the one we saw on Dumpshock. The best is the sprawl sites with Dowd and stackpole streets.....great placement for those Authors names. If you have not gotten the chance Mr. Hardy I spoke with Mr. Stackpole a few months ago and he said he is interested in doing another Wolf and Raven book set in the 2072 time frame....I understand if this is not possible, but would love to see his work in shadowrun again :)

Thanks for the comments! I'll check in with Mr. Stackpole--Catalyst's relationship with him is good in general, and I'd love to see more of his work too!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer