NEWS

Idea for Proto-Type Armor

• 10 Replies

thalandar

• Chummer
« on: <12-21-10/0350:22> »
With War! coming out, I had to go back through Arsenal to design my idea for powered armor.  Of course, it is a prototype armor for Ares they they want field tested in the harsh conditions of the jungle....or maybe the runners have to steal the proto-type from the Ares testing area....

As this is a proto-type, I have upped armor rating and the capacity rating a little toget the results I want, still playing around some ideas though...let me known what you think.

Ares Mark V Heavy Powered Armor w/ Helmet 22/18
Ares Helmet  (Smartlink, Flare Compensation, Thermographic Vision, Commlink, Vision Enhancement 2)
Heavy Military Armor
Mobility Upgrade 3, Strength Upgrade 3,  Life Support 2, Gyromount, Magnetic System, Chameleon Coating, ECM 6, Lock-On Counter measures, Self Destruct, built in Cyberspurs

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <12-22-10/1303:28> »
Cool I like it.  Do you know how much it will weigh?  Are you going to make your players take Pilot: Anthroform in order to use it?  I am just wondering because I was thinking about having my guys use that skill in order to successfully use PA.  I figure that PA is bulky so in order to not destroy stuff when using it you need to have Pilot: Anthroform.  I think that is what it is called.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #2 on: <12-22-10/1441:27> »
Nah, he doesn't need that, as it's just armor with added mods.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

thalandar

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <12-29-10/1924:00> »
As far as weight, I would call it 40 lbs per point of armor (sorry I don't do that metric crap)-roughly 800 lbs.  No need for Piloting skill, thats part of the appeal of PA.

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <12-29-10/2052:47> »
funny you bring this up, I was looking at a pic of Warmachine and thinking of how I could SR it to make it work
haven't considered the prototype angle, so thanks for the idea

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #5 on: <01-03-11/1652:52> »
800 lbs. is alot of weight to throw around.  That is over a quarter of a ton.  I would have them get the skill or not be able to get the most out of the suit.  Just me though.

Morg

« Reply #6 on: <01-09-11/0527:56> »
In SR3 I just modded up a Jim Diving suite to make power armor and it is rigged

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #7 on: <01-11-11/1224:41> »
As far as weight, I would call it 40 lbs per point of armor (sorry I don't do that metric crap)-roughly 800 lbs.  No need for Piloting skill, thats part of the appeal of PA.

I was thinking that was a bit to much weight but adding in the drive train and hydraulics and whatnot I can see it being something like that.  Would it have a body like vehicles in SR 4?  Just wondering?

Morg

« Reply #8 on: <01-11-11/1237:14> »
Ya about the range of about 8

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #9 on: <01-11-11/1242:16> »
Good grief that is about as much as a Metro car ;D

Morg

« Reply #10 on: <01-11-11/1247:33> »
it is an 8ft plasteel diving exoskeleton it has a little more mass then a motorcycle
don't have a book on hand they are all over a the gaming house right now so exact numbers i can not give at the moment when I find the wright up I'll post it
« Last Edit: <01-11-11/1249:39> by Morg »