NEWS

Shadowrun Returns - New Kickstarter Jan 2015 !?!

• 137 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <12-23-14/1358:35> »
Quite looking forward to this KS...HBS really hit it out of the park with their last one...super curious to see what they're doing this time around.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <12-23-14/1411:57> »
Chicago as a stretch goal?

Chicago did very well in the first KS stretch goal vote. If I remember it was Berlin, HK, then Chi-town. If this is another city and they offer stretch goals then I would love to see HK, Chicago, and then either Boston, LA, or NYC as options.

Amy chance of Jordan could join CGL to add some content to an upcoming book? I would love to see his hands back on the actual RPG he started.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <12-23-14/1420:24> »
I'd be willing to bet my britches that Harebrained Schemes won't do Boston, because that's where Shadowrun Online is set.

LA and NYC are both great suggestions; I'd like to see both. Pretty much anything they do I'll buy at this point, because I've immensely enjoyed both Dead Mans Switch and Dragonfall (though the Director's Cut version of the latter was by far the best iteration of the "three").

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <12-23-14/1523:30> »
I agree with Herr Brackhaus, with Boston being the setting for SRO I doubt SRR will feature it. As for Jordan, I highly doubt we'll see him contribute directly to the RPG. He's an awesome guy for getting something off the ground, he's great at identifying talent, putting teams together. I just don't see him doing the grunt work.

Dude's a fixer.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <12-23-14/1606:09> »
Hong Kong is my favorite SR setting out there--so psyched for this!
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #20 on: <12-23-14/1700:58> »
Hong Kong gets so little coverage in the books and such - it'd be really nice to get something about Hong Kong.  Way too much shady stuff happens there right now, I can't even imagine how it would be affected by the events of Shadowrun.  Boston will be interesting in SRO though, so I have to side with Brackhaus that we probably won't see it from Harebrained Schemes.  Another interesting setting might be Neo-Tokyo and/or Yomi Island.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <12-23-14/2233:48> »
I agree with Herr Brackhaus, with Boston being the setting for SRO I doubt SRR will feature it. As for Jordan, I highly doubt we'll see him contribute directly to the RPG. He's an awesome guy for getting something off the ground, he's great at identifying talent, putting teams together. I just don't see him doing the grunt work.

Dude's a fixer.
Indeed.

But he's also a Hell of a writer.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #22 on: <12-23-14/2315:39> »
I know nothing of Hong Kong in the Shadowrun universe, so I am looking forward to it (if it's indeed the chosen city).

That being said, I hope there will be some in-game texts that will explain some of the particularities of the city. In Dragonfall (set in Berlin), there is a lot of mentions about political aspects of the city (ex : Flux State), but there are not explained really clearly. Sure, it does not prevent a player to enjoy the game and story (I love it!), but having just a little more knowledge of the city social and political background could help to enjoy it even more. And it would help new players to the universe or players who, like me, are coming back to Shadowrun after a 20-years pause.

And it can be done rather smoothly (for example, an optional file in the safehouse computer, containing the basic information).

Just an idea. But anyway, I will pledge for sure.  ;D

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <12-24-14/0104:48> »
Man i dont think i could contain myself if they went Hong Kong then had Chicago as a DLC
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <12-24-14/0128:44> »
And remember that SRR is set in the 2050s so that means full on Bug City and a HK that is a communications hub of the far east.

The original SRR KS project offered an art book with excellent fiction. While it would be nice to see something similar or tied better to CGLs work the in game time difference would impede quite a bit.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <12-24-14/0212:21> »
I know nothing of Hong Kong in the Shadowrun universe, so I am looking forward to it (if it's indeed the chosen city).
Runner Havens has an 80-page chapter on Hong Kong, and it is the best city writeup after Bug City.

RH is set in 2070, but it would still work fine for the most part.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <12-25-14/1339:56> »
Runner Havens has an 80-page chapter on Hong Kong, and it is the best city writeup after Bug City.

RH is set in 2070, but it would still work fine for the most part.

Thanks for the suggestion, I just wishlisted the book on Drivethru. Indeed, it shall give the general feeling and background of the city.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <12-26-14/0842:55> »
The original SRR KS project offered an art book with excellent fiction.

I hope that they include some similar on the upcoming KS...this was a great feature of the first one.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <12-26-14/1353:02> »
The original SRR KS project offered an art book with excellent fiction.

I hope that they include some similar on the upcoming KS...this was a great feature of the first one.

+1. Also, an access to the soudtrack, but the "music reward" is now relatively common to all videogames KS projects. The fiction book would be a great added value.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #29 on: <12-30-14/1659:01> »
Update: