NEWS

Filled Condition Monitors

• 3 Replies

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« on: <08-26-13/1639:56> »
It was brought to my attention that it appears that nowhere in the core rulebook does it actually explicity state what happens when you fill either your Physical or Stun Condition Monitors. It's not mentioned under the Condition Monitors section on page 52. It only mention what happens if you fill a single row, not if you fill the whole thing. The closest mention I could find in the book was on page 100, under Final Calculations where it stated, "Every character has a Condition Monitor that tells the Player how much Physical and Stun damage they can take before falling unconscious."

Perhaps something which needs to be addressed. For us old-timers, it's a given, but for someone new(-ish) to the game, that's not something to take for granted!
Dance to the tension of a world on edge.

Volomon

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <08-29-13/1551:26> »
Oh really?  My knowledge from previous edition had me automatically assume it was the same which it appears to be.

Full stun, unconscious.  Every point over turns into Physical (from what I understand it might be a number for instance 2 stun = 1 physical but right now I'm doing 1=1).  If you go over physical you enter overflow, if the overflow equals the amount of bodies that person has then they are dead.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <08-29-13/1610:42> »
(from what I understand it might be a number for instance 2 stun = 1 physical but right now I'm doing 1=1).  If you go over physical you enter overflow, if the overflow equals the amount of bodies that person has then they are dead.
Overflow is actually listed in the rules and I'm afraid you're doing it wrong.

Page 170:
"For every two full boxes of excess Stun damage, carry over 1 box to the Physical damage track"

"If a character takes more Physical damage than he has boxes in the Physical damage track, the character is in trouble. Overflowing the Physical damage track means he’s near death. Instant death occurs only if damage overflows the Physical damage track by more than the character’s Body attribute."

"If no medical attention is available, the character takes an additional box of damage from loss of blood, shock, or other complications for every (Body) minutes he manages to hang on."
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!