NEWS

[SR5] Marcus Evans aka Cyclone (Human cyber samurai)

• 27 Replies

martinchaen

« Reply #15 on: <09-18-13/1035:35> »
Added Colt M23 and Stoner-Ares M202 (hey, if I'm going combat, and Chicago is the warzone it sounds like, might as well go in heavy!), shifted some ammo around, swapped urban explorer suit for chameleon suit and revised cost of 'ware; discovered I had paid for cyber implant weapons twice, as I'd factored in the cost of these in the cost of the limb, then added them on separate lines as well.
« Last Edit: <09-18-13/1134:24> by martinchaen »

martinchaen

« Reply #16 on: <09-20-13/0638:37> »
Hmmm... choices, choices...

I can drop the Colt M23 and Stoner-Ares M202, as well as some of the cyberlimb accessories, in favour of a Synaptic Booster R1, which would add 1+1d6 initiative. And, it would mean I could more easily spend cash during downtime, as accessories can be procured piecemeal rather than lump...

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #17 on: <09-20-13/0708:01> »
If you want to spend cash during downtime, maybe you shouldn't take a Middle Lifestyle. :P
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

martinchaen

« Reply #18 on: <09-20-13/0727:02> »
Hmm, good point. Not like the middle lifestyle gives you anything special, except for a little more starting cash, which is, as you point out, counterbalanced by the need to pay more each month...

By dropping the AR and MMG, as well as the STR improvements to the cyberlimbs without the SMG (for recoil comp) and one of the smuggling compartments, I can afford a rating 1 Synaptic Booster which would allow me to move faster and put more hurt downrange (or dodge more with +5 dice using full defense). Same armor, just with more frequent actions and a little reduced running distance and melee damage. And then I could buy STR improvements for each individual limb as soon as I can afford it, rather than wait around for 10 weeks to earn 95k...

martinchaen

« Reply #19 on: <09-21-13/0038:45> »
Updated once again for balancing. Now less well-armed (AR and MMG was overkill anyway), but faster. Also makes gear plan once in-game a lot easier; skill up Gymnastics and social skills to 4 for 10 dice to help Face, then skill up Automatics and Unarmed along with Charisma, Reaction, or Body while saving up for a pain editor.

Chance359

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <09-22-13/2012:47> »
With an edge of 5, I think you'd be better off using edge to blitz vs synaptic 1. Instead I suggest reaction enhancers 3 (used),
giving you 13+1d6 initiative, and with blitz 13+5d6.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #21 on: <09-22-13/2145:19> »
With an edge of 5, I think you'd be better off using edge to blitz vs synaptic 1. Instead I suggest reaction enhancers 3 (used),
giving you 13+1d6 initiative, and with blitz 13+5d6.
Blitz only works for one CT though. Although maybe that would be all this guy needs.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

martinchaen

« Reply #22 on: <09-23-13/1355:48> »
Chance359, JackVII, thanks! That is an interesting proposition. It would also fit the Cyclone alias very well!

I like it :-)

martinchaen

« Reply #23 on: <09-24-13/0319:22> »
Character portrait blatantly stolen from the movie TRON: Legacy;

Option 1:

Option 2, with nightvision alternative:

martinchaen

« Reply #24 on: <10-12-13/1833:46> »
Updated yet again, after researching the Chicago setting and discussing SMR05-01 with a friend who've played it.

Darkhorse

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <04-06-16/1753:58> »
i just want to make sure this build option is legal in SR5, so i plugged it into HeroLab's shadowrun 5th edition. despite having 4 cyberlimbs, it still wants to keep your Agility and Strength at 1 for the character sheet. your dice pools take the limbs' stats into account, though. i am not sure why (transcribing the rulebook Street Sam worked correctly)

it shows 1 Agility, but 19 dice for the Ares Alpha, for example.

edit: i was mistaken. looking back, even though the rulebook's Sam has cyberlimbs of 11 Str and Agility 9, the character sheet still shows 5 and 6. it is the dice pools that show the changes.

the dice pools for this build are crazy. 17-19 dice on combat tests. that said, the lined coat and jumpsuit do not stack (i tried), so at best, he has 14 armor with listed gear. because of his initial Strength attribute he also has a problem with encumbrance. i only listed the Area Alpha for guns, and forearm guards puts him at encumbered.
« Last Edit: <04-06-16/1841:35> by Darkhorse »

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <04-06-16/1838:21> »
Arise, arise from the grave, necro-thread!

Seriously, this thread is from late 2013. With all the changes to the Missions FAQ, I wouldn't bet on a build almost 3 years old being legal.

On topic, this could actually be taken even further; Redliner would bump Agility and Strength up by another 2 points, and one could swap Toughness and Ambidextrous for Redline and spend the extra point of Karma on nuyen and buy the 'ware that gets you ambidexterity instead.

Darkhorse

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <04-07-16/0149:23> »
Arise, arise from the grave, necro-thread!

Seriously, this thread is from late 2013. With all the changes to the Missions FAQ, I wouldn't bet on a build almost 3 years old being legal.

On topic, this could actually be taken even further; Redliner would bump Agility and Strength up by another 2 points, and one could swap Toughness and Ambidextrous for Redline and spend the extra point of Karma on nuyen and buy the 'ware that gets you ambidexterity instead.

yeah, sorry for the lich-thread. i was googling whether or not the Rulebook's Street Sam archetype was actually legal. even with Prime Runner setting in Hero Lab, it spends a LOT of money. im looking for an interesting build idea. in the old days, Wired Reflexes was the go-to for speed. but now with bioware, you can get the same thing with a fraction of the essence, but more money.