NEWS

Point Buy - Mystic Adept Falconine Scout

• 21 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #15 on: <01-21-15/1947:45> »
Also remember that 'ware isn't functional in animal form, last I checked.  You're better off with a spell or two that let you do long-range communication.

Actually, last I checked in 4E (not sure about 5E, they were really vague in Run Faster) it is only functional in animal form. It disappears in human form.

Thinking I'll pick up Mindnet, Extended.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #16 on: <01-21-15/1955:29> »
Actually, last I checked in 4E (not sure about 5E, they were really vague in Run Faster) it is only functional in animal form. It disappears in human form.

Thinking I'll pick up Mindnet, Extended.

Pretty sure it was the other way around, or that 'ware only applied to the form it was applied on.  Either way, no clue.

Mindnet, that's it!  I had a player in a game of mine using it, but I couldn't remember the name. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

8-bit

« Reply #17 on: <01-21-15/2221:19> »
All right, upcoming changes.

Dropping Reaction to 5; getting Body 3. Getting 1 more spell. And that's where I have a question.

Anyone know if the Spell limit of Magic x 2 is in place in Point Buy? If so, I cannot get any more spells. I would think it would be, but I'm not sure.

8-bit

« Reply #18 on: <01-22-15/1135:42> »
All right, minor changes made.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <01-22-15/1144:09> »
Fair enough, was just trying to see how you'd communicate with your team, or if you're just there to watch them die !
AR goggles, special AR gloves, texting.

"Bob, why is that bird wearing glasses?"  :o

8-bit

« Reply #20 on: <01-22-15/1145:13> »
Going to remove most of the Matrix stuff and make him rely on Mindnet, Extended. Might take a little bit of time to math it out though.

Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <01-26-15/0054:53> »
It's completely unclear if/how 'ware works for shifters in SR5.

In SR4, shifters had regeneration and 'ware only worked in critter form (and had to be deltaware).  In SR5, it looks like they dropped regen (why?) and dropped most references to 'ware for shifters so it's anyone's guess how it works.

It seems like SR5 dropped a lot of things that gave the various racial options flavor in SR4.

I like the way they do Infected in SR5 better than SR4 but it seems like Shifters in SR5 are over-priced.